• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

George Iloka FS, Boise St, Sr.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been tearing up the Senior Bowl practices. I'm hearing that if he runs a 4.5 he'll move himself to the 2nd round range. At 6'3, weighing 220 pounds, plus with his long arms, range, ball skills, all while hitting like ton ton of bricks can only mean one thing to me. He needs to be a Niner. I wonder if he can be looked at as a player that can step in and play right away, he is a Senior?

I just am not comfortable with Goldson's cover skills, his ball skills are, it's just he's been so up and down over his career. I'm kind of nervous thinking of him getting a long term deal.

Another thought could be playing Iloka at ss with Whitner. Iloka has ss size, with fs skills. He could work his way into the ss spot, taking over for Whitner in the next couple of seasons.

Until then I'm sure he'll make an impact on special teams.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been tearing up the Senior Bowl practices. I'm hearing that if he runs a 4.5 he'll move himself to the 2nd round range. At 6'3, weighing 220 pounds, plus with his long arms, range, ball skills, all while hitting like ton ton of bricks can only mean one thing to me. He needs to be a Niner. I wonder if he can be looked at as a player that can step in and play right away, he is a Senior?

I just am not comfortable with Goldson's cover skills, his ball skills are, it's just he's been so up and down over his career. I'm kind of nervous thinking of him getting a long term deal.

Another thought could be playing Iloka at ss with Whitner. Iloka has ss size, with fs skills. He could work his way into the ss spot, taking over for Whitner in the next couple of seasons.

Until then I'm sure he'll make an impact on special teams.

He's a great player, sir

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I want Goldson.I have been probably the biggest Goldson supporter on this board. I think an argument could be made that he is the best FS in the league for the next 4 years as Reed gets older.

I don't think his coverage is bad. I think he sometimes gets caught going for the big hit at times. He came into the league with experience at CB, so I believe his coverage can improve if he stops going for the big play.

Goldson is my #2 re-sign guy behind Rogers. I would tag him to keep him.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you see him as more of an NFL fs or ss? I know in the 49ers system the safeties should be pretty interchangeable anyways.

Probably FS, he has good cover skills, he can match up with those athletic tight ends too.

He's very flexible on the position he plays though, he even played corner for us late last year after all our other corners went down with injury.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Goldson.I have been probably the biggest Goldson supporter on this board. I think an argument could be made that he is the best FS in the league for the next 4 years as Reed gets older.

I don't think his coverage is bad. I think he sometimes gets caught going for the big hit at times. He came into the league with experience at CB, so I believe his coverage can improve if he stops going for the big play.

I'm with you in resigning Goldson... but you would say he be better than a healthy Berry at FS?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's not even the best FS in our division.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Martin is the Boise St. player I want most.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll tell you, after being a skeptic of Goldson (and still am), I loved him this season. I think I am more in favor of the latter part of my post. I know Whitner has years left on his contract, I also know that if we had Iloka working his way in at ss, with Goldson at fs we'd have a chance at having a great safety tandem.

ida one

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
I really like it when nobody is knocking down the Boise St players. I believe with the arm length and theathetisism of Iloka, he may have been working on a late first rounder. Doug martin has been a beast at the seinor bowl practices this week. He is close to a first rounder in my opinion too.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have loved Goldson for quite a while. I feel he is probably going to get the tag over Rogers. I then see them possibly drafting a safety this yr that they really like, and thus seeing how Goldson plays this year. Lets not forget he was on a contract year after getting slapped in the face in the open market and taking a pitty deal.

The tag will put him on another contract yr, if he slips then we know what we have. Curious if they wanna keep Reggie smith around or if he even wants to stay.