• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gentleman...............

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And i use that loosely.

There is a high possibility that "the Fudger" is coming to San Francisco for the festivites of SB XL. However he is scared of a druken asskicking by 9er fans after watching the game at a local SF Sports bar. So he wants to know is there any good Sports bars in oakland or San Jose?

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently it's going to be a Seahawk invasion, as I'll be relocating to the area this summer, and the same question has occurred to me as well.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And i use that loosely.

There is a high possibility that "the Fudger" is coming to San Francisco for the festivites of SB XL. However he is scared of a druken asskicking by 9er fans after watching the game at a local SF Sports bar. So he wants to know is there any good Sports bars in oakland or San Jose?

I need to clarify what you are stating. Are you saying you are coming to SF because you are already expecting Seattle to be in next year's super bowl?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently it's going to be a Seahawk invasion, as I'll be relocating to the area this summer, and the same question has occurred to me as well.

You are relocating to California? For how long?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A few thoughts:

1) To which gentleman are you directing your inquiry?

2) Do you have a time machine? SB XL occurred nine years ago. In Detroit. Spoiler alert: the Hawks lost.

3) Bars in San Jose are probably more dangerous for a Seahawks fan than bars in SF.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to clarify what you are stating. Are you saying you are coming to SF because you are already expecting Seattle to be in next year's super bowl?

No I'm not would be going even if it was you guys.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few thoughts:

1) To which gentleman are you directing your inquiry?

2) Do you have a time machine? SB XL occurred nine years ago. In Detroit. Spoiler alert: the Hawks lost.

3) Bars in San Jose are probably more dangerous for a Seahawks fan than bars in SF.

1) You guys are the gentlemen who I was asking in the inquiry.

2) My bad. Super bowl L

3) Thanks for the tip

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And i use that loosely.

The loosely gentlemen would say you would have no issues if you were to stay in SF instead of dealing with other areas in the Bay. SF deals with many other fans in a good way that I have seen. The best place as a tourist would be the Wharf.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
To actually answer the question seriously, I agree that simply watching the game at a bar in SF would be fine. I saw plenty of Hawks jerseys in the Bay Area SB week, and a friend of mine from Seattle was wearing her Hawks hoodie all over town that week and only had positive comments directed at her (though after the NFCCG I told her she couldn't wear it in my house, at least for a few days).

I would probably steer clear of Fisherman's Wharf if you want to actually enjoy the game. I'm not a sports bar connoisseur, especially in this area as I just watch the Niners from home, but I like Pete's right across from AT&T Park. It's pretty good-sized, they get a good, fairly mixed crowd (in terms of fans of different teams), and have a lot of TVs. I was there for the AFCCG in 2011 - before heading to Candlestick for that debacle - and it was a good time. There could be some heckling there as it's pretty 49ers loyal, but don't be a dick and no one is going to fight you.

In Oakland, I've walked past 3000 Broadway and it seems like a pretty good sports bar. Same goes for George and Walt's, though though I believe it's a bit smaller. Never actually been in either. Those are both in fine areas. You should probably just look online and then maybe check here as far as whether the area is safe if you're thinking Oakland. There are still a decent number of areas that are pretty dicey.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2) My bad. Super bowl L

3) Thanks for the tip

For the record there wll be no Roman Numerals used next year and the big L is out. The promoters don't like the big L and will go with Super Bowl 50 next year. First time in history this will happen.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are relocating to California? For how long?

Heading to the South Bay area for the foreseeable future. Better half just accepted a pretty sweet job offer.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading to the South Bay area for the foreseeable future. Better half just accepted a pretty sweet job offer.[/QUOTni

South Bay is nice. Alot.of money being made but the cost of housing is ridiculously expensive

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2) My bad. Super bowl L

3) Thanks for the tip

I wouldnt dismiss parts of the South Bay. There are alot of real nice areas. People are great. As long as you donr venrure into East San Jose or some of the seedier parts of the city of san jose. I have friends thete and I can find out the cool bars to hit

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Born and raised in san Jose... things have changed dramatically. Being that it has taken over as the Mecca of the bay area, it is ridiculously expensive. If you dont mind driving, you move out an hour away to the central valley thats half the cost of living. On top of that, you dont have to deal with the gangs, and thieves that are attracted to the area. The best places to go are, Santana Row where niner players live and security is heavy. The surrounding citys of Campbell and Saratoga, have great bars and mostly civil white folks that are more into having a great night out.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Born and raised in san Jose... things have changed dramatically. Being that it has taken over as the Mecca of the bay area, it is ridiculously expensive. If you dont mind driving, you move out an hour away to the central valley thats half the cost of living. On top of that, you dont have to deal with the gangs, and thieves that are attracted to the area. The best places to go are, Santana Row where niner players live and security is heavy. The surrounding citys of Campbell and Saratoga, have great bars and mostly civil white folks that are more into having a great night out.

I live in the Central Valley. Not that we didn't have gang issues before, but the Bay Area (San Jose and Oakland) has been exporting some of their gangsters to our area. During my younger single days, hung out a lot in both SF and Santa Clara/San Jose Areas. SF has more going on in terms of entertainment, but San Jose has some really cool places. I think Hawk fans will be fine as long as they stay away from the seedy areas.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was in San Jose a couple of months ago. Met a couple of people at a shopping mall close to the 85. It was an ordinary early Saturday evening. It was crazy. No parking at this mall. One way traffic and people fighting over a parking space opening it. It was almost like xmas. I can't deal with that stuff anymore.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was in San Jose a couple of months ago. Met a couple of people at a shopping mall close to the 85. It was an ordinary early Saturday evening. It was crazy. No parking at this mall. One way traffic and people fighting over a parking space that became vacated. It felt like xmas. I can't deal with that stuff anymore.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, we live in Baltimore. City, not County. San Jose is freaking Mayberry in comparison. I realize the crime rate has gone up in recent years, but it's still waaaaaaaaaay below what we are used to.

Cost of living is brutal, though, and a big reason we didn't move out west a year or so ago when her future employer made their first offer. We've resigned ourselves to being renters for a long while, and haven't ruled out moving farther away from Santa Clara (where she will be working) but we're going to stay in the San Jose/Sunnyvale/Santa Clara area for the first year or so while we get situated and I figure out what my employment situation is going to be. Thanks for the recommendations on towns, though. I don't think we've researched them much. I'll check them out.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading to the South Bay area for the foreseeable future. Better half just accepted a pretty sweet job offer.[/QUOTni

South Bay is nice. Alot.of money being made but the cost of housing is ridiculously expensive

Yup. When we crunched the numbers we realized that we were going to be paying about $2500-2700 a month to rent a condo/townhouse the size of the row house we currently mortgage for about $1400. Sucks. I don't know how anyone affords to buy anything larger than a match box.

We've been looking at Sunnyvale, Santa Clara, and West and North San Jose. Other than the towns Jay threw out, any other gems we might be overlooking? I do appreciate the help.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived in San Jose from 77 to 86. There were many Italian owned bars that would not allow fans to be abused - heckled but not abused. The owners I knew are all dead by now but I would not hesitate to walk into an Italian owned bar with a Patriots shirt on. (I'm not Italian) San Jose used to be more blue-collar. I would not be concerned - even then. I walked into Raider hangouts during Patriots/Raiders games and never had a problem. If you try to be quiet and respectful, they will recognize you! If you re loud and enjoying yourself, you will be just like them. Buy someone a beer!