• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

General question

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat new to this site. What is the 'Rep Power' for & how do I gain more power? Also, what do the little green boxes represent. I want more boxes! (Give me a good comeback V):charlie:

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave away too much rep today or I totally would have bumped you up a few levels.

If someone likes a comment you made or thinks it's really funny or if you're a girl, they click the box underneath your avatar with the check mark and the x. You can give positive or negative rep (most people don't bother with negative I don't think). You can leave a comment when you rep so they know why they're getting the positive rep.

The more rep the person has, the more then can give out. Like I think I am currently bumping people up three levels but someone like Jeff Sly is bumping people up by 11 or 12.

It doesn't really *mean* anything. Just some ego-stroking. And I'm not sure if the boxes are an accurate portrayal of anything. I've never really figured out if one box equals a certain amount of rep or what..

You can check and see what posts you got positive rep on by clicking on the User CP tab up top.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, you're only allowed to give out so much a day. And you can't keep giving it to the same person. It will tell you that you need to spread rep to other people before you can rep the same person again.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone likes a comment you made or thinks it's really funny or if you're a girl, they click the box underneath your avatar with the check mark and the x. You can give positive or negative rep (most people don't bother with negative I don't think). You can leave a comment when you rep so they know why they're getting the positive rep.

I LOL-ed.

But anyway, it depends how the forum admins/mods set up the rep options (how much rep power you gain with each day that you're a member, with each post or 100 posts that you make, with etc.)

Rep Power shows how much rep you give (or take away from, if negative) a user each time you rep them.

Rep Level shows how much rep you've gained from other people... but again, each green box can represent 100 rep received or 250 rep received, etc... depends how these forums were set up.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rep is determined on how cool you are

as you see, vee is a little cooler than me.

I am much cooler than rares :cool:

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rep is determined on how cool you are

as you see, vee is a little cooler than me.

I am much cooler than rares :cool:

Well you also have almost double the posts that I do and my rep is still higher.

So I think I might be a lot cooler than you are.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ my post count and rep power, I suck at SportsHoopla.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rep Power is kind of like the +/- statistic in hockey. Is it nice to have a high plus? Sure. Does it really mean anything or carry any weight? Absolutely not. They have actual threads devoted to getting rep if you post in it on the main boards.....

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rep Power is kind of like the +/- statistic in hockey. Is it nice to have a high plus? Sure. Does it really mean anything or carry any weight? Absolutely not. They have actual threads devoted to getting rep if you post in it on the main boards.....

Easy for you to say, Mr. 148 rep power! :p

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you also have almost double the posts that I do and my rep is still higher.

So I think I might be a lot cooler than you are.

There was this new chick who was posting on the NHL general board-she got to 100 rep in like a week

it was retarded.

girls are retarded

:rolleyes:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy for you to say, Mr. 148 rep power! :p

Most of the people who've been on this website since last year (or since Teh Great Migration) have MUCH higher rep than I do......but I don't like to talk about that.....but that's neither here nor there. Also, shut up Rares ;)

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was this new chick who was posting on the NHL general board-she got to 100 rep in like a week

it was retarded.

girls are retarded

WHAT.

Show me where. I must destroy her.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave away too much rep today or I totally would have bumped you up a few levels.

The more rep the person has, the more then can give out. Like I think I am currently bumping people up three levels but someone like Jeff Sly is bumping people up by 11 or 12.

It doesn't really *mean* anything. Just some ego-stroking. And I'm not sure if the boxes are an accurate portrayal of anything. I've never really figured out if one box equals a certain amount of rep or what..

You can check and see what posts you got positive rep on by clicking on the User CP tab up top.

I Repped raider for you that and for being a raiders fan don't think there's to many of us here

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When one of them high rollers reps you, your rep will take a big jump. For instance, mine just went up 9 notches!

:hail: Devil

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it was retarded.

girls are retarded

Nicely done. Incoming rep for you, coming right up! :p

PS. You only get 7 cause people don't like me and I only have 7 rep but hey, it's better than +0! Hah!