• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCSF (Game 5) Red Wings at Sharks - 5:00PM

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just got to tip your hat to Detroit for that 3rd period. Every one of their lines out worked San Jose's counterpart. It didn't look like San Jose change the way they wanted to play as much as it was Detroit's play forced them off their game.

I don't mean to take anything away from Detroit, they played great but when Sharks are falling over from stick checks and turning over the puck in their own zone it wasn't just Detroit's play. There were some really soft turnovers in the third period. Detroit did work for them but San Jose gave the puck away too easily.

I also want to clarify that while I singled out Patty there was plenty of blame to go around on that collapse. Reminds me of 06-07 when they had the lead against the Wings and could clear the zone repeatedly and blew the lead. I think it was game four that year.

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am a big Marleau fan but Patty cost his team the game tonight. The flyby on (Ericcson or Kronwall) and the powderpuff play on Datsyuk both led to goals. Sharks started out well but it looks like they went into prevent defense much too early.

Prevent-D against the Wings at any time = DEATH.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mean to take anything away from Detroit, they played great but when Sharks are falling over from stick checks and turning over the puck in their own zone it wasn't just Detroit's play. There were some really soft turnovers in the third period. Detroit did work for them but San Jose gave the puck away too easily.

I also want to clarify that while I singled out Patty there was plenty of blame to go around on that collapse. Reminds me of 06-07 when they had the lead against the Wings and could clear the zone repeatedly and blew the lead. I think it was game four that year.

I think that was Marleau too 06-07 :)

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, I wish I could have a drink, but I have to fast because I am having surgery tomorrow.

Good luck, dude; hope it's nothing serious!

Don't worry about offending anyone (I sure never do and I offend people with every post I make.. hah)!

PS. I am still pissed off but it's wearing off a bit now, thank God. Live Pissed-O-Meter:

Code:
{Don't give a fuck}--------------|-------------------------------{OMFGWTF?!?!?}
                                 \ <- me

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heatley didn't exactly have a good 3rd period either. He took that penalty after the 3rd goal, then I swear he didn't see Erricson on the 2nd Detroit goal, but I could be wrong. I know he was in front of the net.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Sorry about the arguing, but this game got my blood boiling. I bet my blood pressure is off the charts.

No worries bud. You don't even have to apologize really. You're not wrong, I just happened to disagree. The good thing for you though, is that I'm wrong A LOT. :)

It happens, it was a tough loss and I'm not happy about it. I'm just happy with the Sharks (relatively) consistent play. I mean think about it, they've played 5 pretty damn good games. That's already more good games than they played against the Kings. I think this team is going to win this series, I truly do. I'm not worried yet.....but I've been wrong before.

Have a good evening ladies and gents. See you all Tuesday with my blood pressure meds. ;)

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries bud. You don't even have to apologize really. You're not wrong, I just happened to disagree. The good thing for you though, is that I'm wrong A LOT. :)

It happens, it was a tough loss and I'm not happy about it. I'm just happy with the Sharks (relatively) consistent play. I mean think about it, they've played 5 pretty damn good games. That's already more good games than they played against the Kings. I think this team is going to win this series, I truly do. I'm not worried yet.....but I've been wrong before.

Have a good evening ladies and gents. See you all Tuesday with my blood pressure meds. ;)

I hope so. Let's hope Franzen is done at least. We'll see Tuesday if they have the heart of champion or a chump...

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heatley didn't exactly have a good 3rd period either. He took that penalty after the 3rd goal, then I swear he didn't see Erricson on the 2nd Detroit goal, but I could be wrong. I know he was in front of the net.

I hate Heatley and he wasn't "great" on that play, but he actually did his job. His man was Dats I believe and he tied up his stick, when he did that though, it just squirted out to Ericksson (not sure who should have had him.....I started drinking).

EDIT: Also, maybe Clowe won't talk shit about Kronwall again, lol. Not only did Clowe get creamed, but Kronwall played his best game of the series as well.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's true, at least they haven't crapped the bed in a game yet like they did in the first series. They almost did in game four but they fought back. Here's to Tuesday, cheers boys.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a chance to watch the replay on the GTG and GWG - GTG was definitely on Marleau missing his man on that "check" but the GWG was not on him. Actually the Sharks was pretty disorganized which led two Red Wings hovering around the crease with Wallin the only one there.

I don't know about you guys, but if Wallin is the last man defending the crease with 2 opposing players, I'm putting my money on the opposition. Wallin didn't really do much to move Holmstrom out of the way-maybe I'm being hard on the guy but on the replay it certainly looked as if Wallin didn't really lay himself out there to get Homer out the way. Not to mention, Setoguchi didn't really do a tremendous job with one knee on the ice trying to block taht shot.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, I wish I could have a drink, but I have to fast because I am having surgery tomorrow.

Good luck! Hope all goes well. Surgery is not fun.

EDIT: And no, I have no idea who you are. I was just cruising through the thread to see what you were all thinking about the game, and thought I would wish you well.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to rewind to watch any of that abomination again, but are you saying Wallin fucked up on one of the later goals as well?

Because he was definitely the goat on the 1st or 2nd goal (whichever one he was caught up the boards swatting at the puck and missing instead of playing defense)...

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. Let's hope Franzen is done at least. We'll see Tuesday if they have the heart of champion or a chump...

If Franzen can't go, they should put in Modano...

Either way, Sharks are fucked.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck! Hope all goes well. Surgery is not fun.

EDIT: And no, I have no idea who you are. I was just cruising through the thread to see what you were all thinking about the game, and thought I would wish you well.

Fuck. Please ignore my posts. I always freak out like this; most here learned to ignore my bitching. :p

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing...

The Sharks need to stop with the diving schtick. It is embarrassing to watch Seto and Thornton go down so easy. Hopefully Detroit's hard work tonight will clue them in that they do not need to embellish calls to win a game.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to rewind to watch any of that abomination again, but are you saying Wallin fucked up on one of the later goals as well?

Because he was definitely the goat on the 1st or 2nd goal (whichever one he was caught up the boards swatting at the puck and missing instead of playing defense)...

Are you talking to me? If you are, then yes, I watched the replay and Wallin was the only Shark in the crease defending against 2 Red Wings. I think
Thornton missed his man on that one but Homer was eventually covered by Wallin when that GWG was scored. Seto didn't do a Heatley and lay out on that attempted block shot either.

What sucks is that the Sharks essentially infused life into Detroit and now we're going to do things the hard way - Sharks closed out the series in LA and they have an opportunity to equal that on the road in Joe Louis. IF not, history will be made, but for all the wrong reasons, LOL.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing...

The Sharks need to stop with the diving schtick. It is embarrassing to watch Seto and Thornton go down so easy. Hopefully Detroit's hard work tonight will clue them in that they do not need to embellish calls to win a game.

I wonder if those two goofballs were watching some of the recent soccer matches, because those dives looked eerily familiar.