• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCSF (Game 5) Red Wings at Sharks - 5:00PM

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of credit to the Wings for fighting back. Sharks need to just forget about the game and play hard at all times.

Marleau's pathetic display of defense on the GWG was unacceptable. What a dumbass moment.

+1. Red Wings much deserving of the victory - played hard and outworked the Sharks.

As for Marleau, he just called out on national tv. What's going to be his "championship" response?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
GTG, seto was in Niemis way. GWG Marleau hits Datsyuk with a featherduster.

He eliminated Datsyuk from cutting to the net with it and forced him to make the pass back to the point to a bad scoring area. What more would you want from him? No one's going to be able to knock Datsyuk down in that situation. Sorry, but Thornton lost his man there. That pointman was his responsibility and he got caught chasing out of position then watching the play.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He eliminated Datsyuk from cutting to the net with it and forced him to make the pass back to the point to a bad scoring area. What more would you want from him? No one's going to be able to knock Datsyuk down in that situation. Sorry, but Thornton lost his man there. That pointman was his responsibility and he got caught chasing out of position then watching the play.

Sorry but I think you are on island with that analysis dude!

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Sharks were the better team for most the night and it was Howard who kept them in it. Niemi coudn't make enough big saves when the defense failed. Sharks still up on the series with two chances to take it and have shown an ability to win on the road. Not a bad position at all as long as they forget this game and play like they have been all series.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with it. Murray has a hard time knocking over Dats. The guy is an anchor on his skates. Marleau was 100% to blame for the GTG, but the GWG was the Sharks scrambling. Also, it looked like Devo who didn't completely sell out to block that shot, he just went down to a knee.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with it. Murray has a hard time knocking over Dats. The guy is an anchor on his skates. Marleau was 100% to blame for the GTG, but the GWG was the Sharks scrambling. Also, it looked like Devo who didn't completely sell out to block that shot, he just went down to a knee.

Fine with me, but I disagree. Marleau lost Datsyuk on the boards first but what do I and Roenick know.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Then you need to watch the replay a few more times. When Datsyuk took the play to the middle of the ice Marleau made a good play to force him to move the puck to what should have been a low scoring area. Marleau's not completely innocent on that goal but he's hardly the primary cause of it.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you need to watch the replay a few more times. When Datsyuk took the play to the middle of the ice Marleau made a good play to force him to move the puck to what should have been a low scoring area. Marleau's not completely innocent on that goal but he's hardly the primary cause of it.

Still disagree 100%.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine with me, but I disagree. Marleau lost Datsyuk on the boards first but what do I and Roenick know.

Fair enough, I never said you had to agree. Marleau battled back to even out with Datsyuk. Roenick hates Marleau and said he should have been traded/walked after he retired. That's not exactly an unbiased account. I guess Roenick is God though with all of his Stanley Cup winning experience.....

If it makes you feel any better, I do agree that Patty was the goat of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a big Marleau fan but Patty cost his team the game tonight. The flyby on (Ericcson or Kronwall) and the powderpuff play on Datsyuk both led to goals. Sharks started out well but it looks like they went into prevent defense much too early.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am a big Marleau fan but Patty cost his team the game tonight. The flyby on (Ericcson or Kronwall) and the powderpuff play on Datsyuk both led to goals. Sharks started out well but it looks like they went into prevent defense much too early.

You just got to tip your hat to Detroit for that 3rd period. Every one of their lines out worked San Jose's counterpart. It didn't look like San Jose change the way they wanted to play as much as it was Detroit's play forced them off their game.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, I never said you had to agree. Marleau battled back to even out with Datsyuk. Roenick hates Marleau and said he should have been traded/walked after he retired. That's not exactly an unbiased account. I guess Roenick is God though with all of his Stanley Cup winning experience.

Geez, I you think Roenick is God? Wow, I never knew. But he is not exactly a 3rd class Adult League Hockey player though either. He did score the 2nd most goals of any american player in history, I think. Of course, he hates Marleau, as he saw him first hand for 2 years here.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a big Marleau fan but Patty cost his team the game tonight. The flyby on (Ericcson or Kronwall) and the powderpuff play on Datsyuk both led to goals. Sharks started out well but it looks like they went into prevent defense much too early.[/QUOTE

Yup!

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to sound like a Kings fan in the LA series but why the fuck didn't Todd call a fucking timeout there in the 3rd when Detroit was pouring it on and even my unborn child could have predicted that they were going to tie it and win it?

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, I am not going to argue anymore. I am antagonistic tonight, bitter about that 3rd period.

If I insulted anyone, I am sorry. But I am pissed.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, I you think Roenick is God? Wow, I never knew. But he is not exactly a 3rd class Adult League Hockey player though either. He did score the 2nd most goals of any american player in history, I think. Of course, he hates Marleau, as he saw him first hand for 2 years here.

You seemed to be using him as a end-all-be-all account of what to believe. All I said was I thought Cmon's play call was spot on. I never said he was a 3rd class adult league hockey player.....WOW..... Marleau was the goat for sure tonight. That said, he wasn't in the top 2 players on the ice at fault for the GWG in my humble opinion.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, I wish I could have a drink, but I have to fast because I am having surgery tomorrow.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, I wish I could have a drink, but I have to fast because I am having surgery tomorrow.

Good luck FlyingV. I hope all goes well. There are a lot of things more important than hockey. Take care.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GL with the surgery, and I wouldn't stress about this loss considering there are more important things in life, such as not inducing any pre surgical complications because trust me, I know many of them.

Yeah, losing tonight was a pain in the glutes, but there will be other opps, at least I hope so.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck FlyingV. I hope all goes well. There are a lot of things more important than hockey. Take care.

Thanks. Sorry about the arguing, but this game got my blood boiling. I bet my blood pressure is off the charts.