• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCSF (Game 1) Red Wings at Sharks - 7:00PM

Nimesis23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Win or lose (luckily it was a win since they played so hard) I had to come on here and happily eat my crow for doubting the boys. They played better than I've seen them play in the playoffs in years. They dominated the Wings all game and it would have been a shame to lose this one. Helluva game.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That whole winning sequence started by Couture picking Dat's pocket.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benn Ferriero, birthday boy...now that is karma. WOW!

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Birthday, Ferriero!

Marleau and Seto should buy you dinner. Or a hooker or whatever you want tonight.

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the level of pantshitting here is just.....epic. There's no other way to put it. It's an art form rarely paralleled in the history of sports fan message boards lol.

I thought the Sharks played fine, not great. And I think the Wings can definitely play much better. Howard had the weakest shutout going I'd seen in a long time there for a while. Rebounds were there to be had all night and luckily Pavs was there to knock one in. And then the lucky bounce O.T. goal. Will take that every time.

And not only did Ferreiro score that goal to celebrate his birthday, he capped off mine very nicely as well :) Cheers guys, try not to lose your shit so much when things aren't going perfectly. The boys played well tonight.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the level of pantshitting here is just.....epic. There's no other way to put it. It's an art form rarely paralleled in the history of sports fan message boards lol.

I thought the Sharks played fine, not great. And I think the Wings can definitely play much better. Howard had the weakest shutout going I'd seen in a long time there for a while. Rebounds were there to be had all night and luckily Pavs was there to knock one in. And then the lucky bounce O.T. goal. Will take that every time.

And not only did Ferreiro score that goal to celebrate his birthday, he capped off mine very nicely as well :) Cheers guys, try not to lose your shit so much when things aren't going perfectly. The boys played well tonight.

I thought they played great, the offense got going late but the defense was waaaay better than we all thought.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the fact that they held Detroit to one goal is downright shocking.

I guess it mostly just looked bad in the first... after that, the Sharks started to work a little bit harder and it showed.

Anyway, I'm happy with the win. (See what I did there, Vee? :p)

Other than that, I'm exhausted. Fucking Friday nights after long week of work... :L

Good night!

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it when the Sharks win. Not gonna bother reading the thread, GO SHARKS GO!!!

Up in San Mateo and couldn't be happier!

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id like to be excluded from said group of pant shitters

My little opinion doesn't really matter but since I'm the one throwing out the pants shitting allegations, I'd say you're definitely excluded.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey...what's that sound?

it's the Wings fans crying "the refs suck" this year too...

LOL.

LOVE IT!

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just got back from the game....awesome win, we need it!!!! oh boy, our PP especially the 4minutes in OT is bad.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't have a chance to join the boards tonight, I was busy between sweating copper in the bathroom and DVR'ing the game...

I thought the Sharks collectively played a very good game - but you need to hand it to the Wings: they looked ferocious out there. Very active sticks, aggressive forecheck, etc.. and despite that I thought we looked energetic and confident.

Heater and Marleau had despicable games, and need to get it together. Joe looked good but he and cooch are getting some serious attention. Pav-Mitchell-Wellwood look about as awesome as you could hope for. I also thought that Boyle had a really good game tonight.. he was fighting up against those boards and I think really focused on getting his game back from that craptastic performance with LA.

I have no clue what the hell the Refs were calling out there.. it wasn't even consistently bad.. it was like someone was just randomly calling shit to get noticed...

Great first win.. Sharks deserve some credit here - I think they have shown they can compete with a rested and healthy Wings team in the playoffs..

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game could have gone either way, so glad it went ours!!! YAAAAAAAA!!!

ads_2006

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought the sharks played a good game compared to what we've seen in the first round.

However, if we want to win the series and advance deeper into the playoffs, We need to fix the PP. Its just horrible right now. Detroits pk isnt all that, so we dont need to give them confidence either.