• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCQF (Game 6) Sharks at Kings - 7:00PM

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for the kids (Logan, Seto, etc.) having their fun with Twitter but not sure if it's worth "getting in trouble" for posting stuff like this:

Twitter (Seto)

Twitter (Mayers)

I mean, I noticed too while watching the handshakes that Murray was not on the ice but not sure making a big deal about it is worth it... Shrug.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Logan got Clowe (a few days back) and McGinn (last night) to join Twitter...

Maybe we should all go over there and tell McGinn what we think about his play in general with the big club?

Or would that be mean and shatter whatever little confidence he has in his playing abilities at this point?

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that the boys are open on their Twitter. It's a nice change from their canned media soundbytes..

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has made some very good saves. But do you think early on in the game his rebounds were spraying on further out shots and one time led to a goal. I forget which goal it was.

Sharks own the OTs. Let's Go Sharks!

You are right, he was giving up a lot of fat juicy rebounds. Doing his best Luongo impression.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if all the minutes Boyle played during the regular season are finally catching up to him.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Series MVP?

Clowey

Honorable mention: Thornton, Demers, White

I would actually give it to white. When he went down in game 1, the whole feel of the game turned and with him out in game two, the sharks were god awful. he comes back in the game 3 and provided great stabilizing D, 5 points, and just solid minutes all around. The difference between the team with him and without him was remarkable and that is the definition of MVP.

clowe definitely second though he wasnt all that great in game 5 and 6. really, no one was consistently solid in the series aside perhaps from white.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm wondering if all the minutes Boyle played during the regular season are finally catching up to him.

I actually think its just age. Boyle's whole game revolves around speed. his shot is so-so, positionally so-so, everything so-so except his skating ability. unfortunately, he is pushing 35, and guys that old lose a step pretty much always. Super positional defenders with excellent shots like blake or lidstrom can play until they are 40, but smaller speed guys really decline in their mid to late 30's (that's part of what makes the garden gnome such a special player). I fear that danny may devolve into a #3/4 Dman in the next year or two. Still he's a good player, and I expect him to improve on this series performance just based on is intense competitive nature.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I meant to post but forgot... If you watch the replay of a Sharks bench isolation camera when Thornton scored, you see everyone on the bench (including McLellan and all the coaches) jump up and down and hugging each other... except for Boyle. He's just sitting at the end of the bench and just slowly gets up and onto the ice... looks about as bored/not excited as one possibly can at the time.

Is he seriously hurt or just completely exhausted from all the minutes he's putting in?

As for series MVP, Wellwood by a mile. That guy was an animal out there. EDIT: It's NOT all about the points, after all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I meant to post but forgot... If you watch the replay of a Sharks bench isolation camera when Thornton scored, you see everyone on the bench (including McLellan and all the coaches) jump up and down and hugging each other... except for Boyle. He's just sitting at the end of the bench and just slowly gets up and onto the ice... looks about as bored/not excited as one possibly can at the time.

Is he seriously hurt or just completely exhausted from all the minutes he's putting in?

As for series MVP, Wellwood by a mile. That guy was an animal out there. EDIT: It's NOT all about the points, after all.

My series MVP would go to Couture followed closely by White, Wellwood, and Clowe. Thornton made a strong case for himself the final three games as well.

As for Boyle, it's probably a little of both age and minutes played during the regular season as mentioned by others. He's also never played well against the more physical teams. They seem to throw him off his game pretty easily.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would actually give it to white. When he went down in game 1, the whole feel of the game turned and with him out in game two, the sharks were god awful. he comes back in the game 3 and provided great stabilizing D, 5 points, and just solid minutes all around. The difference between the team with him and without him was remarkable and that is the definition of MVP.

clowe definitely second though he wasnt all that great in game 5 and 6. really, no one was consistently solid in the series aside perhaps from white.

White was a huge addition that I underestimated when he was acquired. Having that third puck mover on the roster allows any of the three D pairings to breakout and causes a domino effect in the flow of the game. So glad Stool didn't take him out for good.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White was a huge addition that I underestimated when he was acquired. Having that third puck mover on the roster allows any of the three D pairings to breakout and causes a domino effect in the flow of the game. So glad Stool didn't take him out for good.

Either sit Wallin or McGinn/Eager & play Braun. Nice to have a 4th mover of the puck. :director:

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its a toss between Wellwood and White for me. White very quietly played an excellent defensive game and made a lot of key plays. Wellwood - well, you can bitch about dwill a lot but you have to give him the credit for bringing this guy here. That dude was just all over the ice, always in the right place, and seemingly two steps ahead of every play.

Around Nov one of the "vets" made an excellent comment that Boyle was getting way, way overplayed... well - awesome call. I think he whipped and injured but battling.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1