• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCQF (Game 6) Sharks at Kings - 7:00PM

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the next round is the first serious test of the sharks. LA without kopitar really isnt that great of a challenge in comparison to vancouver, detroit, or chicago. Thankfully, I think the sharks matchup well against the wings only becasue they are so old and the sharks forwards can take 'em. However, chicago would be a 5 game series if the sharks are lucky. No way they can stop toews, kane, hossa, sharp, keith and co. Go nucks!

You seriously have no respect for that kings team, they are far better then you give them credit for.

Sharks match up well against either chicago or detroit, due to goaltending. Sharks own Howard, and Crawford hasnt really faced the kind of pressure the sharks are capable of bringing.

The cannucks are hamstrung by Bobby Lou

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I do, they were tired as shit entering the playoffs. They're top 6 forwards (save Bolland), Keith and Seabrook are all running on fumes and if they do win, I think that will be such an emotional (we did it) moment that they might blow their wad. Obviously they are still a scary team, but I think the Sharks can take them this year.

Detroit scares me much more this year.

the thing about the wings is that I just cant see howard become the next niemi, turco, hiller, quick, anderson type of goalie. I think its the sharks shoot 50 on him, 6 will go in. Also, the wings D is old and slow now. Rafalski is a shadow of what he was defensively, and lidstrom had his first minus year ever. Kronwall is good offensively but beatable defensively as is salei, eriksson...

The Detroit D is gunna struggle against the sharks and with howard being the super sieve he was last year and all this year, the sharks can definitely beat them. Obviously, zets, dats, franzen, holmstrom and co are tough, but if the sharks play disciplined and stay out of the box, I like them against the wings who arent that fast.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I do, they were tired as shit entering the playoffs. They're top 6 forwards (save Bolland), Keith and Seabrook are all running on fumes and if they do win, I think that will be such an emotional (we did it) moment that they might blow their wad. Obviously they are still a scary team, but I think the Sharks can take them this year.

Detroit scares me much more this year.

Yeah, Detroit looks pretty damn good though I wouldn't count out Nashville. They seem to get overlooked but they have a very strong team and can compete with anyone in the West.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You seriously have no respect for that kings team, they are far better then you give them credit for.

Sharks match up well against either chicago or detroit, due to goaltending. Sharks own Howard, and Crawford hasnt really faced the kind of pressure the sharks are capable of bringing.

The cannucks are hamstrung by Bobby Lou

its hard to respect a team led by kyle clifford and brad richardson and a team that counts on justin williams as a top line forward (who was awesome this series but still...). with Kopitar, they are a much scarier team, but they should never have been in this series. LA only won 1 game in regulation in their final 6 (2-4 overall) and actually only won 3 in regulation of the last 12. They arent half the team without kopitar and it showed down the stretch, so yes, I dont think much of them.

however, I do respect the hawks, wings, and nucks, so the next round (or two) should be interesting.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Detroit looks pretty damn good though I wouldn't count out Nashville. They seem to get overlooked but they have a very strong team and can compete with anyone in the West.

Well they do have this one defenseman that I'm rather fond of.....

:D

And yes, you're right. They're scary as hell with their underrated defense (sans Weber and Suter, but the other 4 are good too) and Rinne won't be as bad as he was against the Ducks next series. He'll bring it next time I imagine.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Nashville is just about as close as you can get to a clone of Los Angeles. Hard working, good defense, good goaltending. If Detroit or Vancouver overlooks them in the 2nd round, they will lose.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Nashville is just about as close as you can get to a clone of Los Angeles. Hard working, good defense, good goaltending. If Detroit or Vancouver overlooks them in the 2nd round, they will lose.

Nashville is much better coached though. They have more skill 1-6 on defense than LA does and better goaltending IMO.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nashville is much better coached though. They have more skill 1-6 on defense than LA does and better goaltending IMO.

Does Trotz get more love in your circles come on when you're up in Canada? I don't know why that guy doesn't get more recognition and more thought for a Team Canada coach. Maybe they think he can only coach grinders?

That guy is the epitome of work with what you have. He keeps getting blood out of a stone with different defenses, different forwards and different goalies.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine pickups of Wellwood and White who both had a good series, I thought. Wellwood also has the Thornton syndrome of looking to pass first and second, but he gives that third line good puck skill that Pavs can play off of. The Sharks third line is going to be a weapon moving forward.

Why is Eager out for McGinn? I really wish Todd would play the fourth line more. He mentioned that he went with three lines after game 3 because the Kings were primarily using two defensive pairings, but I see that as more the reason to play the fourth line and wear down the D.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine pickups of Wellwood and White who both had a good series, I thought. Wellwood also has the Thornton syndrome of looking to pass first and second, but he gives that third line good puck skill that Pavs can play off of. The Sharks third line is going to be a weapon moving forward.

Why is Eager out for McGinn? I really wish Todd would play the fourth line more. He mentioned that he went with three lines after game 3 because the Kings were primarily using two defensive pairings, but I see that as more the reason to play the fourth line and wear down the D.

Well, even thought that 5 minute major was complete horseshit, I don't think we'll be seeing much of McGinn anymore. Hopefully Eager can rebound from his poor first series and get back to the Eager who is fast, mean and can chip in some offense.

White was the saving grace for the Sharks that round. Pretty much the only consistent Shark throughout all 5 games he played. Not a bad playoff debut for Whitey. Hopefully he'll stick around net season.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Normally I'd agree, but the 4th line was so piss poor the entire series, it was hard to justify the 5 mins a game they did get.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does Trotz get more love in your circles come on when you're up in Canada? I don't know why that guy doesn't get more recognition and more thought for a Team Canada coach. Maybe they think he can only coach grinders?

That guy is the epitome of work with what you have. He keeps getting blood out of a stone with different defenses, different forwards and different goalies.

Depends. If you're talking about the regular fans he gets almost no recognition primarily because he's coaching in a non-hockey market. If you talk to people close to the league he's often mentioned as a CotY canidate.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. If you're talking about the regular fans he gets almost no recognition primarily because he's coaching in a non-hockey market. If you talk to people close to the league he's often mentioned as a CotY canidate.

But why doesn't he get more recognition for Team Canada jobs? Why do hacks like Pat Quinn, Ken Hitchcock and Jacques Martin keep getting the nod over Trotz?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But why doesn't he get more recognition for Team Canada jobs? Why do hacks like Pat Quinn, Ken Hitchcock and Jacques Martin keep getting the nod over Trotz?

He should get more and I'm not sure why he doesn't. He has never been very involved with the Canadian National program and that may be a contributing factor. He's also never coached a Canadian team unless you include his one year in the Manitoba Junior league. Most of the people they pick for the national programs have much stronger Canadian ties to the major hockey programs there than Trotz does.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the fact that we just closed out a playoff series, on the road, after having to kill a 5 min major, I call a moratorium on player-snarking. You can only say how fantastically awesome a player is. Takes everyone on the bench to contribute to a win like that. Have another shot of the brown stuff and bask in another glorious sharks victory!

I like this idea!

:tea:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeha, I agree about nashville. They are an LA clone, except healthier and a little quicker. They also lack talent, but make up for it in super heart. Smithson and tootoo are their clifford and richardson. I am actually a nashville fan solely becasue of the way they play and it seems that every player out of that organization is hard working and a perfect PO type player.

Hartnell, fiddler, nichol, Timmonen, Hamhuis, Upshall... the list goes on and on. For my money, I think Trotz is arguably the best coach in the entire league. The definition of a good coach is the get the most out of the guys he has, and Trotz does that every year in spades.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Series MVP?

Clowey

Honorable mention: Thornton, Demers, White

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the record for most OT winners in a series? Obviously, the most possible is 4. The Sharks got 3. That's insane.