• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCQF (Game 6) Sharks at Kings - 7:00PM

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VICTORY!!!!!!

Bring on the 2nd round!!!!!

Here we go again Boys & Girls, awh it feels soo good.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well first off, you have to take your hat off to the Kings - they are definitely larger than the sum of their parts. The Sharks better get it done fast because I don't think they are going to win many more 7 game series against the Kings.

Hard loss for your boys tonight but I think the Kings are on the right track, great D, great goalie, and solid coaching.

Good luck next year.

handshakes

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-23 for PP...You can't go deep with these number....

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thornton, really? He was an absolute beast tonight. He had one bad play with the puck and you list him one of the three worst? I thought Thornton was the best player on the ice out of either team tonight. He won every battle, he made play after play. He was strong on the puck and flat out controlled the offensive zone.

I'm sorry Cmon, I just don't get what you're saying. He was horrid on the PP all night (fuck, he had ample time all series and was a huge reason for it's inabilities.....him and Pavs and Boyle fumbling the damn puck at the line) especially when Quick lost his stick and he didn't try to shoot until it was too late. Then, on the same PP, with the kings player missing his stick, he tries a toe drag move and gets pick pocketed and the puck gets sent down the ice. That PK was tired as hell. In retrospect, Clowe was worse than Thornton but there's no way in hell you can convince me he had a "strong" game. Also, all night on the PK him and Patty were handling the puck like the game "hot potato". I think saying he had an average game would be nice and that's including his GWG. I'm really, really happy for Joe, but he did not have a strong game at all in my humble opinion. Clowe was worse though and belonged on the list with Boyle and Wallin.

That said I'm really happy for Jumbo.

Last edited by a moderator:

SharkFan0720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thornton, really? He was an absolute beast tonight. He had one bad play with the puck and you list him one of the three worst? I thought Thornton was the best player on the ice out of either team tonight. He won every battle, he made play after play. He was strong on the puck and flat out controlled the offensive zone.

Dude, what is that guy talking about? Jumbo was one of the best players on the ice all game. Boyle was easily the worst and Wallin well not much to say besides the worst defenseman in the NHL

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm taking the Hawks to win tomorrow and put away the pretender Nucks. We match up well with Chicago this year.

The Nucks cant win with Loungo in net, i cant remember seeing a guy have meltdown like him since Czechmanek or Jim Carey.

I mean he was fighting the puck on every shot he faced that game and looked like a nervous 4 year old trying not to wet himself in the OT. That blocker side lunge was horrendous at best.

My money is on the Hawks, but i like the Sharks chances against the Hawks primarily due to depth and goaltending

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the next round is the first serious test of the sharks. LA without kopitar really isnt that great of a challenge in comparison to vancouver, detroit, or chicago. Thankfully, I think the sharks matchup well against the wings only becasue they are so old and the sharks forwards can take 'em. However, chicago would be a 5 game series if the sharks are lucky. No way they can stop toews, kane, hossa, sharp, keith and co. Go nucks!

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good series Kings fans. Your team played their hearts out.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the next round is the first serious test of the sharks. LA without kopitar really isnt that great of a challenge in comparison to vancouver, detroit, or chicago. Thankfully, I think the sharks matchup well against the wings only becasue they are so old and the sharks forwards can take 'em. However, chicago would be a 5 game series if the sharks are lucky. No way they can stop toews, kane, hossa, sharp, keith and co. Go nucks!

I disagree, I think the Kings were vastly underrated. The Sharks are the better team and should have won the series, but a few bounces the other way in the OT's and it's the Sharks season that ends tonight. If LA gets past the Sharks, I think they could have made a lower seed run a la Calgary or Edmonton.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Nucks cant win with Loungo in net, i cant remember seeing a guy have meltdown like him since Czechmanek or Jim Carey.

I mean he was fighting the puck on every shot he faced that game and looked like a nervous 4 year old trying not to wet himself in the OT. That blocker side lunge was horrendous at best.

My money is on the Hawks, but i like the Sharks chances against the Hawks primarily due to depth and goaltending

how can this be? the hawks kicked the living shit out of the sharks last year... why would it be different? Granted byfuglien, ladd, and versteeg are gone, but bickell (yes, I know he is out) bolland, frolik, stalberg, smith and co are definitely a solid threat. The Hawks top 4 D are the same, their top 6 F are the same and their goaltending is still very strong. I don't want to be anywhere near them.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thornton could have shot the puck more that's for sure, but the fact that he had so many chanhes to shoot it meant he had the puck on his stick. The Vlasic Demers pairing has become the most reliable tandem.

What a game. I'm happy with the way the Sharks came out and it was sustained throughout with only a few moments when Kings had their time. Polish up the special teams and they'll be good to go next round.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how can this be? the hawks kicked the living shit out of the sharks last year... why would it be different? Granted byfuglien, ladd, and versteeg are gone, but bickell (yes, I know he is out) bolland, frolik, stalberg, smith and co are definitely a solid threat. The Hawks top 4 D are the same, their top 6 F are the same and their goaltending is still very strong. I don't want to be anywhere near them.

I do, they were tired as shit entering the playoffs. They're top 6 forwards (save Bolland), Keith and Seabrook are all running on fumes and if they do win, I think that will be such an emotional (we did it) moment that they might blow their wad. Obviously they are still a scary team, but I think the Sharks can take them this year.

Detroit scares me much more this year.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game... great to see Niemi bounce back. Gotta work on special teams for the next round (but what else is new with this team, lol).

Given the fact that we just closed out a playoff series, on the road, after having to kill a 5 min major, I call a moratorium on player-snarking. You can only say how fantastically awesome a player is. Takes everyone on the bench to contribute to a win like that. Have another shot of the brown stuff and bask in another glorious sharks victory!

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the real good news is that you have to applaud the sharks at winning all 3 OT games. That's a hell of a change from the past, and I hope that shows that maybe, just maybe, this team can play in the clutch.

ps.: seto just added 100k to his salary for next year :-)

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope this goal will bring out the best of Jumbo in the next series....

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Sharks torture :) We'll take it!!!!

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the real good news is that you have to applaud the sharks at winning all 3 OT games. That's a hell of a change from the past, and I hope that shows that maybe, just maybe, this team can play in the clutch.

ps.: seto just added 100k to his salary for next year :-)

There you go... keep it going, brother! Positive ju-ju!

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm sorry Cmon, I just don't get what you're saying. He was horrid on the PP all night (fuck, he had ample time all series and was a huge reason for it's inabilities.....him and Pavs and Boyle fumbling the damn puck at the line) especially when Quick lost his stick and he didn't try to shoot until it was too late. Then, on the same PP, with the kings player missing his stick, he tries a toe drag move and gets pick pocketed and the puck gets sent down the ice. That PK was tired as hell. In retrospect, Clowe was worse than Thornton but there's no way in hell you can convince me he had a "strong" game. Also, all night on the PK him and Patty were handling the puck like the game "hot potato". I think saying he had an average game would be nice and that's including his GWG. I'm really, really happy for Joe, but he did not have a strong game at all in my humble opinion. Clowe was worse though and belonged on the list with Boyle and Wallin.

That said I'm really happy for Jumbo.

He could have shot the puck more but if that is all you can complain about with his game I'll take it. The PP has been horrible primarily because of Boyle and Pavelski at the point. They are holding the puck too long before shooting and when they do get the shot off it's usually blocked. A lot of credit needs to go to the Kings players for that too. At no point in this game did Thornton's line ever have to spend any extended time in the defensive zone. They were on the ice for Smyth's goal but that goal is primarily on Boyle's head. I'm not sure what more you want from him but Thornton flat out dominated these last two games.