• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCQF (Game 3) Sharks at Kings - 7:30PM

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Winner, winner
Chicken.jpg

tumblr_lg63s06n5W1qzdf0go1_500.gif

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, good research. Well, Kings fans shouldn't feel too bad since life is essentially a cyclical thing.

Yeah, cyclical for Gretzky, too, in that case. Left Edmonton for LA more than six years after that game.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I should probably add this one too...

20101120-22.gif

Mordin145

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
man i miss such great finish, I was so steam I turn off everything at the house when the kings up 4-0 and took a nap :D until my cousin buzz me about the score. I don't know how, but man this is crazy.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going down 4-0 was the best thing that could have happened once the Sharls were already down 3-0. LA went into a shell and was just waiting and asking for the Sharks to comeback. The Sharks were great once they were able to activate their D to keep pucks in in the O zone.

It seems Quick has a weakness going side to side. Some of the goals he had no chance on, but they were almost all scored after side to side passes.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been loyal since 1991 but I'm bipolar with the negativity and I'm the biggest pessimist... oh and I hate Doug Wilson with a passion.

I still watch every damn game though... we all love the pain and heartbreak, I guess.

lol, I always believed you have to earn the right to bitch about your team.

Cow Palace days huh?

Most of my friends who are Sharks fans were texting me the "white flag" too after the 1st period, so no worries

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Going down 4-0 was the best thing that could have happened once the Sharls were already down 3-0. LA went into a shell and was just waiting and asking for the Sharks to comeback. The Sharks were great once they were able to activate their D to keep pucks in in the O zone.

It seems Quick has a weakness going side to side. Some of the goals he had no chance on, but they were almost all scored after side to side passes.

To quicks defense, the defense should not be letting those passes through to begin with

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To quicks defense, the defense should not be letting those passes through to begin with

What's your scouting report on him? One thing I've noticed is him playing the puck very well. If Sharks let him touch it on the dump ins, he's neatly making the right play.

1st goal Patty deflection on nice Boyle pass - slim chance of stopping
2nd goal Clowe goal off deflection off Dman stick - slim chance
3rd goal Couture on nice White east/west pass - no chance
4th goal Clowe on great Boyle east/west pass - no chance
5th goal Pavs loose puck goal - no chance
6th goal - no chance

He had little to no chance on all the goals tonight.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was checking out Wallin's stats and interesting to note, he is even on his +/- along with having 3 assists thus far. However, he and Pavs were definitely guilty on that 5th goal where both were just watching the play.

Despite missing half of the game and turning off the tv in game 2 after the 3rd kings goal, I'm still not sold on Wallin starting for the Sharks. Yes, he did get the secondary assist I believe in the OT winner, but Braun looks to fit that bill of how the Sharks got it going, and that's getting defensemen, especially who can pass, activated. Braun has that ability. I don't know, I know it's a gamble and DW has a hard on for Wallin, but can it really get any worse?

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double Down eating averted for one game. hopefully i can save my "mulligan" for the next series.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Sharks, that was a great comeback. They could've thrown in the towel after the two quick goals by the Kings but they were resilient and somehow fought there way back.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What's your scouting report on him? One thing I've noticed is him playing the puck very well. If Sharks let him touch it on the dump ins, he's neatly making the right play.

1st goal Patty deflection on nice Boyle pass - slim chance of stopping
2nd goal Clowe goal off deflection off Dman stick - slim chance
3rd goal Couture on nice White east/west pass - no chance
4th goal Clowe on great Boyle east/west pass - no chance
5th goal Pavs loose puck goal - no chance
6th goal - no chance

He had little to no chance on all the goals tonight.

his lateral movement is actually really explosive only problem is he has no control of it, so he takes himself out of position and unable to recover. His biggest weakness is his inanity to read plays as they develop, The 5th and 6th goals he couldve had, pav's was a great shot mind you but quick had already dropped bfly before.pavelski even had control of the puck.

so now he is behind on the play and out of position, that wasnt even a high percentage play on quicks part. as for the seto goal he has to be aware of that play, take a peek up ice before the puck enters the zone, and give yourself a chance. but the pass shouldve never got through.

he has the phsyical ability, but mentally he is behind the curve

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great comeback for the Fins... but what the hell was Penner thinking on Seto's goal? I've watched the replay a few times now and he simply stopped skating with Seto wide open. Just unbelievable.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his lateral movement is actually really explosive only problem is he has no control of it, so he takes himself out of position and unable to recover. His biggest weakness is his inanity to read plays as they develop, The 5th and 6th goals he couldve had, pav's was a great shot mind you but quick had already dropped bfly before.pavelski even had control of the puck.

so now he is behind on the play and out of position, that wasnt even a high percentage play on quicks part. as for the seto goal he has to be aware of that play, take a peek up ice before the puck enters the zone, and give yourself a chance. but the pass shouldve never got through.

he has the phsyical ability, but mentally he is behind the curve

Agreed. Marleau had a bad shooting angle and his only real option was to pass. There was still alot of ground for Quick to cover going to his left, but he could have had a chance, like you said, had he been more prepared for the pass.

How do you rate Quick's puck playing skills? I think the Sharks are avoiding dump ins because Quick plays the puck so well. They'd rather continue to skate in or pull up and wait for the trailer than throw it behind the net to Quick.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So glad White is okay after the hit. He gives the Sharks one legit puck mover on each pairing. Braun is good, but he's a passer/shooter, not so much a skater. Boyle, Demers, White can do both and I think that's vital. Wallin is a dolt. Braun may be weak on the puck carrier, but at least he doesn't bobble pucks that should be easily controlled. Amazing that the Sharks actually killed off the double minor on Wallin. I wonder if Wallin continues to play in this series only because the Kings forwards are more on the big side than the fast side.

So who starts in net for game 4?