• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCQF (Game 3) Sharks at Kings - 7:30PM

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for your help Nitty, but Niemi should be back in.

Not so sure aboot that. 2 not-so good (cruel, to be kind) games Nemo in a row. Start Nitty in 4, then go from there. While you're at it Tadd, please sit Ballin for Braun. :gossip:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not so sure aboot that. 2 not-so good (cruel, to be kind) games Nemo in a row. Start Nitty in 4, then go from there. While you're at it Tadd, please sit Ballin for Braun. :gossip:

with the series lead I don't know how you don't go with nemo again. that being said he is on a short leash, don't wait until he gives up 5 bad ones then pull him

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Marleau had a bad shooting angle and his only real option was to pass. There was still alot of ground for Quick to cover going to his left, but he could have had a chance, like you said, had he been more prepared for the pass.

How do you rate Quick's puck playing skills? I think the Sharks are avoiding dump ins because Quick plays the puck so well. They'd rather continue to skate in or pull up and wait for the trailer than throw it behind the net to Quick.

SJVP, his puck playing skills are average at best. Go watch a game from late in the regular season vs the Wild. He giftwrapped both Wild goals and they lost 2-1. All of my friends who are Kings fans cringe when he plays the puck.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJVP, his puck playing skills are average at best. Go watch a game from late in the regular season vs the Wild. He giftwrapped both Wild goals and they lost 2-1. All of my friends who are Kings fans cringe when he plays the puck.

Really? Interesting. I thought he has done well in playing the puck this series. Maybe the Sharks weren't pressuring much on the dump ins and I was just tunnel visioned into looking at Quick. I'll check that out.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the series lead I don't know how you don't go with nemo again. that being said he is on a short leash, don't wait until he gives up 5 bad ones then pull him

Kork, I would like them to roll the dice in 4. Let Nemo observe the game & lick his wounds. I also wonder if we should go with 7 DMen? Wallin is barely 1/2 a man. Oh god, I have to ask... when is Husky Pants due back. :puke:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

actually below average, he is about as good as nemo. sharks are.avoiding dump ins to keep it away from the kings d so they don't get burned on the quick out transition

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kork, I would like them to roll the dice in 4. Let Nemo observe the game & lick his wounds. I also wonder if we should go with 7 DMen? Wallin is barely 1/2 a man. Oh god, I have to ask... when is Husky Pants due back. :puke:

honestly seeing neimis reaction after that 4th goal, I'd be willing to bet he its going to come out and have a huge game for the team. his back ground is alot like clowes, and he earned his way into the league and took the long road, he has pride unlike thornton and heatley

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Eager and Mayers getting about 2-3 minutes of icetime each, I wouldn't mind going 7 Dmen. Either that or start using the 4th line more.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Eager and Mayers getting about 2-3 minutes of icetime each, I wouldn't mind going 7 Dmen. Either that or start using the 4th line more.

Eager showed good energy & some skill when he got here. Even better than Wellwide. What happened?

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The verdict is in "Nemo plays game 4"

Go Sharks!!!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eager showed good energy & some skill when he got here. Even better than Wellwide. What happened?

He became a shark lol, he still has it he's just not getting ice time, because all of the stupid penalties the sharks are taking for being lazy. If the sharks can stay out of the box and roll 4 lines you will see him performing like he has been :panda:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He became a shark lol, he still has it he's just not getting ice time, because all of the stupid penalties the sharks are taking for being lazy. If the sharks can stay out of the box and roll 4 lines you will see him performing like he has been :panda:

After thinking about this, I can totally see why TMac is using just three lines. It's because the third line is frickin awesome and deserves the 16-18 minutes, a bit more than your average third line.

Just looking at Game 3's stats, Nichol, Mayers, Eager were all -2. I don't know how at fault they were with that -2 of thiers, but maybe that's why they didn't see any icetime after the second period.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah this topic of the 4th line not getting much icetime was mentioned on Pollak's blog:

*****San Jose’s fourth line was on the ice for the Kings’ first and third goals – and not much after that. Was that a function of the score and the need to generate offense? Or a sign that McLellan was dissatisfied with the play to that point of Scott Nichol, Ben Eager and Jamal Mayers.

“A little bit of both,” the coach said. “I felt we needed to roll three lines and get our guys going at every opportunity. Most of our offensive players are on those top three lines. They needed to be on the ice more than our grinders and checkers.

“We had some concerns heading into overtime that we were going to run out of gas. We had plans to spot individuals through on different lines, but it was still going to be a three-line night for us. We were a three-line team and we thought they were a four-D’man team down the stretch. We took our chances with that.”

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah this topic of the 4th line not getting much icetime was mentioned on Pollak's blog:

*****San Jose’s fourth line was on the ice for the Kings’ first and third goals – and not much after that. Was that a function of the score and the need to generate offense? Or a sign that McLellan was dissatisfied with the play to that point of Scott Nichol, Ben Eager and Jamal Mayers.

“A little bit of both,” the coach said. “I felt we needed to roll three lines and get our guys going at every opportunity. Most of our offensive players are on those top three lines. They needed to be on the ice more than our grinders and checkers.

“We had some concerns heading into overtime that we were going to run out of gas. We had plans to spot individuals through on different lines, but it was still going to be a three-line night for us. We were a three-line team and we thought they were a four-D’man team down the stretch. We took our chances with that.”

Each piece (watch it, Filo) of the 4th line serves a purpose & just think Eager is better than a 4th line player. Nichol is our resident face-off, penalty-kill, aggitator. Mayer is a some-what worthless goon. Drop Heatley to the 4th line & move Eager to #2. I would love he & Clowe together.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I demand a new GDT! Nicely demanding, that is :love: