• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: WCQF Game 1 - Sharks at Canucks - 7:30PM

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torres is the missing piece to this Sharks team. We should have signed him after he left the Oilers.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who should have been the 2nd Star?

Player SA GA Saves SV% TOI PIM
A. Niemi 30 1 29 0.967 60:00:00 0

Player SA GA Saves SV% TOI PIM
R. Luongo28 3 25 0.893 58:17:00 0

:wtf2:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hannan is solid in the defensive zone in 1 on 1 situations but god awful handling the puck. His puck skills are so bad that it swings his overall effectiveness towards the negative. He can make a solid play defensively, then chips the puck off the boards out the zone and the Sharks are back on defense.

I don't notice Tennyson much when he's playing, maybe that's a good thing? I suppose the staff just wants a vet in there. Without Hannan, your PKers are Vlasic, Stuart, Braun and ?.

Irwin doesn't PK and Boyle really shouldn't be. We need Demers back.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No way in hell that Burish sits anytime soon, right?

He's so incredibly useless.

Broken record, I know, but still.

And is Gomez healthy and just being scratched or still feeling sick or whatever?

Also, Hannan is absolutely horrible. Pair him up with Stuart and he's even worse than horrible. Demers, please hurry the hell up so that Hannan can sit and give the team a chance to win some damn games.

Gomez is still feeling the after effects of the Erik Cole hit. The are calling it general body soreness but I wouldn't be surprised to find out he has a concussion.

Even though it kills me a little inside to defend him, Burish was actually okay last night. He was 100% on his draws, including a couple big ones in the defensive zone, and he was solid on the pk.

As others have stated, Hannan far exceeded my very low expectations. I still hate that Hannan/Stuart pairing but their play last night was acceptable.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree that Hannan wasn't as horrible last night as he has been the past few games but that Hannan/Stuart pairing is pretty much identical to Murray/Stuart -- which was a horrible pairing to put it nicely.

It's only a matter of time before it starts being costly but until Demers is ready, there's nothing that can be done about it -- there's no way you throw Tennyson out there into a playoff game.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Stuart/Hannan is an iffy pairing but what is an alternative?

The staff is playing Vlasic/Braun as a #1 pair.

Boyle/Irwin
Stuart/Hannan

How would you mix and match? Perhaps
Boyle/Hannan
Stuart/Irwin

There's a lot of familiarity with the Boyle/Irwin pairing. Stuart just needs to step up his puck moving ability until Demers can come back.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AV needs to STFU.

I really can't stand that prick. His facial expressions beg for a punch.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL Network showed a different angle of the replay of Havlat's last shift. Bieksa spears him in the junk. If that's what kept him out for the remainder of this game I'd say its likely he'll be back for Fridays game.

I'm guessing he wasn't sporting a cup then.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm guessing he wasn't sporting a cup then.

Even with a cup on when someone brings their stick up on you like Bieksa did and catches you with the stick blade it's going to do some damage. I'd be surprised if it kept him out of tomorrows game though.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For AV, that's his version of objective analysis. He didn't even start to whine yet. Watch out, Gillis will go whining too.
4578939.jpg

Notice the statue. They immortalize a coach that didn't win anything and was made famous for whining at the refs. It's tradition, culture.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
there are some great avatars on that board lol, james sheppard best sharks forward *at call of duty Scott hannan great shut down defense *pre lockout lol

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
larry robinson has 9 stanley cup rings *can only run pk. Joe thornton can carry a team*except for the playoffs Adam Burish gives great interiviews*thats it Patrick Marleau team leader *stripped of captinacy lolTommy wingel he can play *when hes not a scratch lol

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a former goalie i can tell right now a taint shot is by far worse then a nut shot to the cup.

I was unfortunate to fall ass first on the butt end of an opponents stick once. I can remember that pain like it was yesterday. Gives me the chills just thinking about it.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was unfortunate to fall ass first on the butt end of an opponents stick once. I can remember that pain like it was yesterday. Gives me the chills just thinking about it.

:gaah: ouch!?!?!?!?!? :gaah: