• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCF (Game 5) Sharks at Canucks - 6:00PM

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melrose on Sportscenter: "Boyle cleared it around the glass hoping to hit someone and still clear the zone. He cleared it up the glass over everyone's head. The puck CLEARLY didn't hit anyone. That is icing, killer play by Boyle."

What an idiot. I should mention that Melrose picked the Nucks to win the cup and started the segment by saying "I'm almost always right"

Really Barry? Is that why Tampa canned your sorry ass?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Killer move by ESPN for hiring Melrose as their hockey analyst. If hockey seriously wants to cement itself as a contender against the other major sports in this country, Melrose should not be the guy on the country's most popular Sports News center.

Bowlby

The DON
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Killer move by ESPN for hiring Melrose as their hockey analyst. If hockey seriously wants to cement itself as a contender against the other major sports in this country, Melrose should not be the guy on the country's most popular Sports News center.

if only barnaby didnt beat his GF.. then maybe he would be getting more air time then melrose

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Melrose on Sportscenter: "Boyle cleared it around the glass hoping to hit someone and still clear the zone. He cleared it up the glass over everyone's head. The puck CLEARLY didn't hit anyone. That is icing, killer play by Boyle."

What an idiot. I should mention that Melrose picked the Nucks to win the cup and started the segment by saying "I'm almost always right"

Really Barry? Is that why Tampa canned your sorry ass?

LMAO almost always right?? How many times has he picked SJ to win? I think the last 2 season... Usually he has a hardon for SJ for some reason, and everytime he picks a team (SJ is a given) they always lose...

I cant stand him, and ever since he grew the mullet back, he's been a bigger joke. He looks like some old man trying to be nolstolgec (sp?) in style just to be "hip"...

Sad thing is I picked the Nucks to win it in the offseason after they added Manny & Torres and was pissed SJ didnt grab Torres... Say what you want, but to me he's one of those guys to hate to play against, but Id love to have him on the Sharks... I wanted Sj or Chi to grab him and his price tag was cheap too.

I also hate the new trend of "trade pavelski!" Stink series or not, he's a damn fine 3rd line center that can play 2nd line as well... As he's a VERY smart player... Id take his brains over speed...

As for the "no one knew were the puck was dont blame Niemi", my responce to that is, its easier for the players who are facing the net to lose it in a bounce that goes horizonal/behind them, but Niemi is facing the play & has a perfect seat to watch the play. How the fuck would he think it ended up above or behind him?? And why would he be staring into the sky instead of on the ground? Say what you want, cause I wont argue the Nemo nuthuggers, but that was a punch in the face worthy moment for him.

This loss ranks as my 2nd most bitter SJ playoff loss
1) 93-94 OT Loss to toronto after Garpenlov hits the post, Gartner skates down & scores on irbe - even tho it wasnt an elminination, I knew it was over after that. Nothing will ever top that heartache.
2) This game... it was just a, REALLY?? 12 secs left, a dumbfuck not shooting at open net, a blown icing, a goal that never shouldve went in?? PUKE!
3)07-08 4th OT Loss to Dallas... I didnt think anything would surpass this one for awhile, this was a sad loss cause it was right after me & my GF had broken up for the last time and it was kind of symbolic of, you can hold onto something as long as possible & fight your hardest, but fate will crush you if its not ment to be.

:peace:Heres to a great offseason:peace:
GO TAMPA!!!!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Vlasic has no offense but his complete lack of physicality is a huge detriment as well. There has to be at least a thousand times I've seen him and Boyle let a forward skate wide into the zone along the boards and then take it around the net and these two just joust with their sticks. All they needed to do was close the gap with a side step and paste the forward into the boards. They don't need to pull a Big Mac hip check. It kills me watching this and I don't want to witness it anymore. Don't get me started on Vlasic's incompetent puck drive with his clearing attempts. The guy probably has the weakest swing in the league.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sharks are sub .500 in the PO's with Tmac (19-20). hardly impressive and he was outcoached badly this series, particularly on special teams. he needs to be a whole lot better next year too.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks are sub .500 in the PO's with Tmac (19-20). hardly impressive and he was outcoached badly this series, particularly on special teams. he needs to be a whole lot better next year too.

Not his fault that his defense is absolute shit. A fact that we all knew on day 1 of the season, back in October.

Also not his fault that "management" is not letting him play Demers and/or Braun because they have a hard on for Huskins/Wallin.

What I'm trying to say is, McLellan made a couple mistakes (mostly with matchups/who he had on the ice... like.. why let Thornton and his dislocated shoulder take that last faceoff in regulation and get beat cleanly like that with Marleau on the ice?) but he's not a bad coach.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitting this team shoulg go out by giving up a 3rd period lead in the final seconds.

Looking at the positives, the Sharks have reached the wcf for 2 straight seasons but they need to get over that hump. The fact that they've only won one wcf home game in 20 years is unacceptable.

Coach Mac I'm fine with. GM wilson, I think SJ needs to look at new options at the GM position. Affter that we can look at beefing up the lineup. This team needs a leader on the ice. That much is clear. Marleau is the best shark ever but that doesn't make him a leader unfortunat

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Thornton is fine as captain, but there is no captain/leader in the whole NHL that could make up for the shittastic "talent" (using the term VERY loosely) on the team.

Yes, each team has holes and deficiencies but it continues to puzzle me that Dougie, with his playing days/background, sucks so horribly bad at putting together a good D crew...

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shittastic?

C'mon now, this team just made the WCF in consecutive years though I'm a little disappointed that those two appearance have netted only one victory.

There's room for improvement, but they're not shit. Far from it.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's a bit harsh but I'm not happy currently, sorry...

The team didn't have a 4th line for the entire playoffs and had no 3rd line for the entire Vancouver series... and the defense was bad to top it all off...

That's a lot of people (6-7+ dudes?) that need to be gotten rid of/replaced.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well duh, the only way to go over 500 in the playoffs is to win the Stanley cup. Eventually everyone else will lose more than they win.

Unless you sweep ever team you play and only lose long series, either way winning percentage in the playoffs is a useless stat.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a great team this year that just couldn't go the distance but yes improvements needs to be made.

I had a bad feeling after the DET game 7 win. SJ made that a more difficult series than it needed to be. I still feel like the D is missing one key guy. There have always been depth problems at the D spots and there never seems to be a wholesale effort to stack the blueline.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How much salary is left if they dont resign Husky & Wallin & can trade Nitty for draft pick?
Who else is FA's? Is Mayers here for another year?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How much salary is left if they dont resign Husky & Wallin & can trade Nitty for draft pick?
Who else is FA's? Is Mayers here for another year?

If the players keep the 5% in effect the salary cap is expected to be somewhere between $62m to $63.5m. Leaving Nitty out the Sharks have 12 players signed (7 forwards, 4 dmen, 1 goalie) at a total of $48.95m.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pain. But its hard to blame the guys after tonight. Besides some sloppy D-zone turnovers, team did enough to win again, but found a heartbreaking way to lose.

Uhh... no its not.

Championship teams don't consistently crumble in critical moments. How many times have you seen the Red Wings come out flat an uninspired in game 1 of the CF? How many times did the Av's in their hey-day play a poor and undisciplined 2nd game? Any other recent champions you recall giving up 3 5-3 PP's and allowing a goal in the exact same manner within a few minutes?

The team did enough to be a CF challenger, but they are some personnel and professionalism behind being a WC champion let alone a Stanley Cup Winner.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also not his fault that "management" is not letting him play Demers and/or Braun because they have a hard on for Huskins/Wallin.

You know - I would really like out "stellar media" to dig that story up... if that's really the case (in lieu of what I think most of us believe is the case... and I find it hard not to) then someone needs to ream his ass on an interview and call him the dumb fuck that he is.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the forwards that need to be dealt its Heatler and Pavelski, both of those guys are absolute slugs

Way too many slugs on this team, and you can only keep a few. Clowe is a slug too, but he is strong (when healthy) and on the boards. So he stays. So I agree with dangling Pavs and Heater. Heater has disappeared in every series the Sharks have played. Pavs plays well against slower teams, but he can't handle teams with speed like Vancouver and Chicago. He becomes a huge liability at both ends. That 3rd line of Sharks did well late in the season but it has run it's course. Pavs, Mitchell, and Wellwood could all be gone next season.