• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCF (Game 5) Sharks at Canucks - 6:00PM

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
4 things to say here:

1) No one except the goal scorer saw the puck because it careened off of someone's head and landed in his path. Shit happens - Sharks were 5-0 in OT's it couldn't last forever.

2) Let's be honest - for all intents and purposes this WAS the SC Final. So the Sharks are really the #2 team in the NHL, which is not bad. They just need to make those D adjustments and a couple others and they'll play even better. Not many teams can be in this position for so long and they've done it year in year out, but this time they finally did show some heart in Round 3 (but they still need more!).

3) The Nucks have officially changed their name to the Lucks. Every fucking game they had pucks bounce their way. Sharks got no breaks in this series. If you compare this year's Van team to last year's Hawks team, the Hawks would have cleaned them out in 4 or 5 games. Yes, the Nucks are on about the same level as SJ and no better. Sharks could have and SHOULD HAVE won games 1 and 4, end of story. Next year's team will be better if they can dump those huge salaries from Heatley and PM and bring in more playoff tested players.

4) Someone should take Raffi Torres into a back alley and show him some brass knuckles, close up.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've got a bad feeling that isn't the last game for Wallin and Huskins in teal. I can hear Doug telling us he's re-signed them and how proud he is he got them to take a pay cut.

If this happens, then that's it, I will never defend doug again. He Fucked up last offseason big time, but I give him the benefit of the doubt for good previous moves. However, he has one more summer. Getting blown out in major choking fashion in the WCF twice in a row is not good enough. Granted demers injury really hurt, but if dougie doesnt land a top pairing defenseman to replace wallin, then it's gunna be another shitty year next year.

I cant wait until the end of the stupid cup finals, the draft, and july 1st. Not that dougie ever signs UFA's but he has shown that he can make big trades for big name players. Time to pull of another raping ala Jumbo and Boyle.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note - listening to Drew Remenda's post game comments - yeah I agree to a certain extent, the Sharks played somewhat fearless last night but he shouldn't be going into next season thinking that this same team will go far. Our farm system is almost an empty cupboard, we have players such as Boyle who are starting to lose the battle to Father Time, we have no speed on this team (almost), and our defense blows in comparison to the opposition for the 2nd consecutive year.

Man I can't f*cking believe this shit.

Boyle's still good as long as he doesn't play top line minutes. IMO the Sharks need to get two top 4 defensemen heading into next season that can go 25+ minutes in the playoffs and take the load off Boyle and Murray. They just play too much. Of course it doesn't hurt that Demers was out, which gave even more minutes to those guys. Getting two good defensemen (preferably ones that can make outlet passes) in addition to Boyle/Murray and Demers/Vlasic would make for a great defense. I'm not sure who is available this offseason, but Dougie should make every effort to bring at least 1 top FA defensemen in on July first.

Bowlby

The DON
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
think nitty can net a defenseman? Heatley should be able to get us something, and Baun should see more time next year.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, except FA's don't come to SJ, remember?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yeah, start Braun from game one.. and let him play and develop... on the big club.

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If they unload PM's, Heater's, Mitchells and the two blue stooges' (Wallin, Huskins) salaries somehow, that's TWO elite Dmen that could come on board plus maybe a F like Richards who is proven tough in playoffs. Barring injury this team would be unstoppable.

Nimesis23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If they unload PM's, Heater's, Mitchells and the two blue stooges' (Wallin, Huskins) salaries somehow, that's TWO elite Dmen that could come on board plus maybe a F like Richards who is proven tough in playoffs. Barring injury this team would be unstoppable.

I agree with this completely, but I doubt Marleau's going anywhere. I could see Heatley being in demand from some Canadian or Eastern conference team, but I don't see Doug trading Marleau.

Bowlby

The DON
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i wouldnt trade patty, unless you can get a big haul back for him.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROFL.. Trade Marleau... wow... :L

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boyle and Murray need to play a lot less minutes next season. Ideally they would be the second pairing. The next big problem is Vlasic and White do not have the size or physicality to get it done in the playoffs. Boyle is already enough of a liability in this department. We really need an elite Dman with skating, size, hitting and a cannon shot. A #2 dman would be nice as well. Hopefully Demers can develop into the #2 guy. We should give serious consideration to trading Vlasic.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boyle and Murray need to play a lot less minutes next season. Ideally they would be the second pairing. The next big problem is Vlasic and White do not have the size or physicality to get it done in the playoffs. Boyle is already enough of a liability in this department. We really need an elite Dman with skating, size, hitting and a cannon shot. A #2 dman would be nice as well. Hopefully Demers can develop into the #2 guy. We should give serious consideration to trading Vlasic.

i am not a fan of Vlasic, if we can get rid of him, do it!

he just continues to look like a lost shepherd boy trying to find his sheep in our zone...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Of all the forwards that need to be dealt its Heatler and Pavelski, both of those guys are absolute slugs

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vlasic's not the problem. He has no offense but when he stopped tying to score goals and got a little gritty I thought he played pretty damn well.

I wouldn't move Vlasic at all.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They make it hard to turn away. Rewind to December and this team being talked about as a final four team woulda been crazy talk. They pull you back in to drop you.

sounds like a lot of women i have dated...

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vlasic's not the problem. He has no offense but when he stopped tying to score goals and got a little gritty I thought he played pretty damn well.

I wouldn't move Vlasic at all.

send him to wherever we sent that other pussy Gorges...oh yeah Montreal.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pain. But its hard to blame the guys after tonight. Besides some sloppy D-zone turnovers, team did enough to win again, but found a heartbreaking way to lose.