• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - WCF (Game 1) Sharks at Canucks - 5:00PM

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, they deserved to lose... both teams were a little off in the 1st, and the sharks were lucky to be up 1-0 on the gift from Lu. However, the sharks pretty much stunk for the last half of the game, and were off basically from the opening draw.

Pavs was terrible. He produced next to nothing offensively and actually looked tired to me in all 3 zones. Mitchell continues falling as a result of a slight breeze. Huskins is an embarrassment. If Demers was a healthy scratch, Mclellan should be fired on the spot. Demers is a top 3 (maybe 4) dman on this team and they do need him and his mobility against a quick nucks team.

Jumbo had another superior game. He was really the only effective forward out there consistently creating and he was excellent defensively too. He was relentless on the puck.

Sharks are in trouble. They were absolutely dominated, and need to dig deep and find a way to create offensively against the solid nucks defense. Game 2 is really the season. I dont see the sharks winning 4 of 5 vs. vancouver with 2 more games in vancouver. The todd needs to figure his team out...

Sharks have now lost 9 straight games in the WCF and had a 3rd period lead in the last 4 straight games, blowing 3 of them in regulation. 9 goals in the last 4 3rd periods and honestly they were somewhat lucky they even held on during game 7. This team hasnt really played a solid game for some time.

Sharks Hockey: Torture (except they lose in the end).

More like 7 straight instead of 9, but everything else I agree with. A shame really because Niemi played well. Also, the sedins are getting more confidence. Game 2 is possibly the season.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck dude if you tried to deck me. Like I said earlier, any tine you want to lace up the skates and battle, I'm down :D

i think you know what i meant... i respect your opinion, but i think we can bag on players we both dislike without having to resort to cheap shots at the expense of minorities that we both have friends from said communities.

that is all i was saying and no i will not lace up any skates...are you crazy? Korky can stand in for me, i can barely ice skate.

:)

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ease up tough guys.

It's only game 1.

I'm just giving Naes a bad time, he's a good dude. That said, the only fucker I'm scared to line up against is Cmon, he knocks people out with open ice checks. :)

I'm just confident in myself, that's alll :D

Goodnight gents. Sharks will get them next game.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you know what i meant... i respect your opinion, but i think we can bag on players we both dislike without having to resort to cheap shots at the expense of minorities that we both have friends from said communities.

that is all i was saying and no i will not lace up any skates...are you crazy? Korky can stand in for me, i can barely ice skate.

:)

Get a PS3 so we can battle there! Where I'll lose, lol badly.

Have a good night Naes.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having Demers really hurt the Sharks transition game. That VAN forecheck is giving the Sharks so much trouble and Demers would really help there. VAN was strong in the third and deserved this one.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game one is not the series. Game two is going to be a BIG GAME. We all know the Sharks could have played better and will play better on Wed.

I for one am not worried at all with these Piece of Shit Cunucks!!!!

I still think the call on Heatley was bull Shit.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
eh sharks didnt play well and the canucks played the best they are going to play. That being said the sharks were winning until they took the last 30 minutes off

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
A couple of quick observations. Seems like both teams are pretty similar. Unlike the Wings, the Nucks are struggling with execution, they have a hard time setting up the PP, they make a ton of neutral zone turnovers, they're pretty similar to the Sharks in that aspect. The other thing is, why is this crowd so quiet? Are they just nervous? It doesn't even sound like a playoff game.
scared to death after a weak-goal in the last minute of the period. we have seen far too many of those in the playoffs already. You'll note the crowd was going nuts at the beginning.
Also the stress level has been at an all time high, based on pretty high expectations (for the first time ever), and way too tight games. since the 2nd game of round one, we have have a 2-goal lead for exactly 26 seconds.
Also, Sharks are the first team with very good depth that we've faced. So yea, we're a bit nervous how we'd match up.
Were the canucks diving this much in the other series?
And didn't their GM complain about the reffing? lmfao what a team they have
the circle of life, it seems.
- Ducks were complaining that the Preds were diving: Carlyle said the Ducks were going to start diving, because it was effective
- Nucks complained that the reffing was lopsided in the Preds series: Gillis was fined for his press conference
- Sharks...... it's your move. :director:

In the last series, Lou was criticized for snapping his head back when a high stick brushed him on a forecheck, and Trotz accused Kes of the old chickenwing to draw a hooking penalty on Weber (of course, Kes subsequently scored the GWG on the resulting PP).

Nimesis23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
scared to death after a weak-goal in the last minute of the period. we have seen far too many of those in the playoffs already. You'll note the crowd was going nuts at the beginning.
Also the stress level has been at an all time high, based on pretty high expectations (for the first time ever), and way too tight games. since the 2nd game of round one, we have have a 2-goal lead for exactly 26 seconds.
Also, Sharks are the first team with very good depth that we've faced. So yea, we're a bit nervous how we'd match up.

In defense of the Vancouver crowd, I think they had a noise filter or something on the Versus telecast. It looked a lot louder than it actually sounded on the broadcast. I know how much people in Canada care about hockey so I'm sure it was loud, it was probably just a technical thing with the broadcast.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL.com - Huskins in, Demers out for Sharks in Game 1 - Canucks v Sharks - 2011 Stanley Cup Conference Finals

Hard to say whether or not Demers was injured, but it doesn't sound like it based on this article, and more like Huskins just getting more PT, assuming he has to fill in for someone.

Kork, I hear you but you have to admit the Sharks failing to hold a lead into the 3rd in 3 of their last 4 PO games has gotta make you wonder. Also, this team is so mental and you have to question whether or not they're thinking the same thing rules was mentioning with the fact that the Sharks have lost their last 7 WCF games (not 9, technically the Sharks lost the last 2 WCF games against the Flames). I don't know, hard to figure this team out - I don't think there's a disorder from the DSM IV book that can accurately diagnose this team. :scared:

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something has got to give with the sharks. they got to the 3rd round last round and got swept. theres got to be more than what we just saw tonight and the canucks are really not as great as people are chanting. somethings got to give we just cannot lose every FUCKING year....

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
NHL.com - Huskins in, Demers out for Sharks in Game 1 - Canucks v Sharks - 2011 Stanley Cup Conference Finals

Hard to say whether or not Demers was injured, but it doesn't sound like it based on this article, and more like Huskins just getting more PT, assuming he has to fill in for someone.

Kork, I hear you but you have to admit the Sharks failing to hold a lead into the 3rd in 3 of their last 4 PO games has gotta make you wonder. Also, this team is so mental and you have to question whether or not they're thinking the same thing rules was mentioning with the fact that the Sharks have lost their last 7 WCF games (not 9, technically the Sharks lost the last 2 WCF games against the Flames). I don't know, hard to figure this team out - I don't think there's a disorder from the DSM IV book that can accurately diagnose this team. :scared:

you're right... my bad, 7 in a row, not 9. However, more importantly, 5 in a row with these same players pretty much. They had a solid game in game 5 that htey lost, but they were junk in game 4, 6, 7, and now 1. They have gotten leads and stopped playing in each of the last 4 games. Nemo has absolutely stood on his head and the sharks still lose. Its maddening as hell that they cant put in a good 60 minute effort. It's right back to the mid January disease right now...

The lone, and I mean lone, bright spot from that game was the luongo was completely untested. The sharks didnt have a scoring chance (OK jumbo had 1) in the final 30+ minutes. Luongo gifted one, and I think the patty goal might have gone in whether or not it was tipped since Luongo never saw it and wasnt even close. He looks terrible flopping all over the pace, taking himself out of position, and simple stinking. If the sharks get their chances, they will go in. In that regard, it's very different from chicago last year when the sharks did get their chances and nemo just stoned them. Demers needs to come back and the sharks need to do a much better job on crisp passing out of the zone and much better harder forechecking. The series is far from over, but they sharks need their mental game to return or its another choke-a-liscious year.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm thinking Demers has to be injured. There's no way he's healthy scratched in place of a crappy Huskins who hasn't played any hockey since, what, January? Demers did miss a few shifts in the DET game 7, but came back. It was never elaborated on what caused him to miss those shifts. Sharks missed their Dman with the second best breakout ability. (I'd place Demers over White.)

Todd mentioned that the Sharks looked mentally fatigued in the 3rd and that the hangover from DET may have been lurking. That's a shame. At least this won't be an issue for game 2.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we played well all things considered. You gotta factor in the amount of time we were on the PK coupled with the loss of Demers who's our third best dman. We had the lead heading into the third fellas. Just ran out of gas. I fully expect us to head home with a split. IF Demers plays Wednesday which is the vibe I'm getting.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

if it wasnt tipped up louongo makes that save

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, it didn't even look like it was going on net tbh. It looked like it would have been a little high and wide, but I could be wrong.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, I apologize if I offended anyone or any group of people.

That said, I do stand by my statement. If that makes sense.

I actually have 4 gay friends. Hell, two of them are black, w is mexican and the other's a filthy whitey. If that gets me anymore points, lol

You guys are funny. Hey I will lighten this up a bit:

I have 1 gay friend. And she is quite the young babe. Thank God she is bi :wink:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

On the replay Versus showed it looked like it was going wide until Marleau tipped it as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Found this on another board and thought I share.

divers.gif

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure this has been said in some capacity, but I don't have time to look back through the whole thread. The entire 3rd period, until they were behind, the Sharks looked like they were protecting a 5-1 lead instead of the 2-1 lead that they had.

They were hanging back and clearing pucks instead of looking for opportunities on the counter-attack long before the game was tied or Heatley forced them into the undead penalty kill. The Canucks quite obviously deserved to win, but Wednesday should be a different story.