• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: Warriors @ Spurs (Game 1)

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait!

Unfortunately I won't be able to view the game tonight, but I have a strong (possibly homer) feeling that the Warriors may steal game 1. The Spurs have had a long layoff from playing and while it may help them with their health, I'm thinking they may end up coming out flat. The Warriors are still on their high from the first round win and I think they'll come out guns blazing.

With Bogut returning to form in game 6 of the Nuggets series, I have full faith in his ability to defend the rim and rebound. He'll be matched up mostly with Duncan and hopefully contain him to settling for outside shots.

Most likely Klay will end up having most of his time on Parker as he has in the past few games, but on the other side Green will likely guard Steph.

Splitter is still a game time decision, but I fully expect him to play. Jackson probably counters with Landry early, but as usual Jack will get his full run.

The two huge X-factors for me in this series for the Warriors will be Harrison Barnes (as per usual) and Festus Ezeli. Barnes will be matched up a lot with Kahwi Leonard and he'll have to not only provide us with a scoring punch but also rebound and box out Leonard. We can't let their energy guy get the team off to a good start. Ezeli playing well for me is going to be a key in this series. He was hit or miss in the Nuggets series, but a lot of that is attributed to the Warriors going small. In this series the Spurs are going to put their bigs out there and Ezeli has to protect the paint and defend Duncan and Splitter. I wouldn't be surprised at some point in this series to see Jackson go with both Bogut and Ezeli in there are times.

I think this game may come down to the wire, but I'm going out on a limb and saying the Warriors take game 1, 106-100.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked the Spurs are favored by that much. I've got all my vcash on the dubs. Do what I expect and show these old crusties who the new boss is!

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Spurs being a bit less athletic & more of set-it-up offense (than DEN), can't Biedrins contribute something to this series? Even to spell Bogut / Ezeli & take a few fouls? :wtf2:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Spurs being a bit less athletic & more of set-it-up offense (than DEN), can't Biedrins contribute something to this series? Even to spell Bogut / Ezeli & take a few fouls? :wtf2:

You would think so, but Jackson has all but expelled Biedrins from the rotation. I'm thinking Draymond takes up any additional minutes at the 4 instead of Biedrins. Also Pop is a very big advocate of the hack-a-whoever and will do this if the Spurs are in/near the bonus and Biedrins is anywhere on the court. It will be a huge disruption to our flow and put Biedrins on the line. Pop may also employ this with both Bogut and Ezeli as neither are stellar free throw shooters in their own right.

I'm not saying Biedrins won't get in the game, I just don't anticipate it.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Less athletic, yes. However, they are deadly from the outside. I like what I saw from the Warriors defensively against Denver, and they're going to have to do more of the same against the Spurs and their shooters.

After what happened in the Denver series, I wouldn't imagine Jack guarding Parker.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they have Danny Green guard Curry the Dubs will be in trouble.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they have Danny Green guard Curry the Dubs will be in trouble.

Won't be any more difficult than Iguodala guarding Curry. While Green is a very good defender, Iggy is better. Curry will be prepared.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less athletic, yes. However, they are deadly from the outside. I like what I saw from the Warriors defensively against Denver, and they're going to have to do more of the same against the Spurs and their shooters.

After what happened in the Denver series, I wouldn't imagine Jack guarding Parker.

Klay will likely be on him for the majority of the minutes he's on the court at the same time. Jack will likely pick up the additional slack. Curry won't play on Parker at all, so Jack will occassionally have his shot on him.

Also depending on what lineup is on the court, I wouldn't be surprised to see some HB on him in some spots.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Splitter is out. Great news.
TNT is gonna screw us with Heat and Bulls running long. I fucking hate this.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they will show the start on TBS and tipoff is 6:50. Great news.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the Warriors defense so far.

And Curry has been FAR more open so far tonight that he was in the Denver series.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another implosion by GSW. Hope they can hold on.

Getting really tired of Jack and his lack of decision making. And props to the zebras for helping the Spuds make a run here.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the NBA refs. Wow, just wow.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait!

Unfortunately I won't be able to view the game tonight, but I have a strong (possibly homer) feeling that the Warriors may steal game 1. The Spurs have had a long layoff from playing and while it may help them with their health, I'm thinking they may end up coming out flat. The Warriors are still on their high from the first round win and I think they'll come out guns blazing.

With Bogut returning to form in game 6 of the Nuggets series, I have full faith in his ability to defend the rim and rebound. He'll be matched up mostly with Duncan and hopefully contain him to settling for outside shots.

Most likely Klay will end up having most of his time on Parker as he has in the past few games, but on the other side Green will likely guard Steph.

Splitter is still a game time decision, but I fully expect him to play. Jackson probably counters with Landry early, but as usual Jack will get his full run.

The two huge X-factors for me in this series for the Warriors will be Harrison Barnes (as per usual) and Festus Ezeli. Barnes will be matched up a lot with Kahwi Leonard and he'll have to not only provide us with a scoring punch but also rebound and box out Leonard. We can't let their energy guy get the team off to a good start. Ezeli playing well for me is going to be a key in this series. He was hit or miss in the Nuggets series, but a lot of that is attributed to the Warriors going small. In this series the Spurs are going to put their bigs out there and Ezeli has to protect the paint and defend Duncan and Splitter. I wouldn't be surprised at some point in this series to see Jackson go with both Bogut and Ezeli in there are times.

I think this game may come down to the wire, but I'm going out on a limb and saying the Warriors take game 1, 106-100.

Klay was pretty outstanding once again in his defense, but should have used better judgement on that last foul on Parker. The Warriors lack of a second scorer showed in the final moments of the game. As I write this the Spuds tied the game. Unbelievable collapse.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monumental collapse. Gonna see what the Warriors are made of in Wednesday's game.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was more devastated last night than I was after the SB. Real talk. Just brutal.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the NBA refs. Wow, just wow.

The refs don't respect the Warriors or Mark Jackson and, frankly, why should they? Watching the Warriors run around in that last 4 minutes with their full blown keystone kops panic routine was sickening. Especially in contrast to the Spurs cooly coming down court, getting into their sets and knocking down shots.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was more devastated last night than I was after the SB. Real talk. Just brutal.

I actually felt emptier after the game six win over Denver than I did last night. At least last night they stood up and showed some gumption in both OTs after the disgraceful display in the 4th quarter. All we were keft with against Denver was that awful display at the end even though they lucked up and won.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Me too. In the Super Bowl, the Niners were in trouble right away and only a late comeback surge made the game interesting. But they had no business winning it.

The Dubs had a double-digit lead with 3 minutes to play and could not put the Spurs away. They SHOULD have won that game comfortably. There never should have been an overtime, let alone a second overtime.

That one REALLY hurt, and if the Dubs don't win the series, that game will be the reason.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brutal finish.

It seems inevitable that the Warriors youth/inexperience will continue to cost them games. Unfortunate. The Warriors outplayed a very good Spurs team on the road for all of four minutes last night. (well, you could say both teams played mostly even in OT). But those four minutes were simply horrific. Their inability to make good decisions on offense and defense while holding a lead is just killing them.

Slept like crap last night. That said, these shortcomings are part of the growing process for this team. Not sure what they'll do the rest of this series, but I'm all the more confident that going forward, with a little more seasoning and by adding more athleticism off the bench, this team could be special.