• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT Snakes @ Champs 5/10

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hard to quantify but seems like Bochy is the equal of any manager in the game right now.

I can't think of one who is doing a better job. And to think of how much I "hated" him for playing guys like Roberts, Winn, and Durham. And always bringing in Whitey in high leverage situations....

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't think of one who is doing a better job. And to think of how much I "hated" him for playing guys like Roberts, Winn, and Durham. And always bringing in Whitey in high leverage situations....

When we look back now, you realize that he really had no other options.

Frandsen, Lewis, Schierholtz, Ortmiere etc. weren't major leaguers. They had their bright spots and their tools but it simply wasn't enough for full time work. It just shows how much talent we lacked just 3 years ago and how far we've come.

Bochy and Sabean, better than us.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Frandsen, Lewis, Schierholtz, Ortmiere etc. weren't major leaguers. They had their bright spots and their tools but it simply wasn't enough for full time work. It just shows how much talent we lacked just 3 years ago and how far we've come.

This is true. With the exceptions of Lewis and Schierholtz - they're major leaguers, but mostly complementary players. But the larger point is totally true.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only Tito knows more than they.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hilarious postgame wrap tonight. Tune in if they post it on KNBR.com

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ross just called Ford a "Tool." That's not very nice.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had to duck on out for a sec..

well done all! That's how champions play baseball

:clap2::clap2:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baggs is tweeting it's Ford over Burris because of late game speed. :whoo:

I heard that on the way to the game tonight.

Example A of why GP is much smarter than I.

Glad he's my alt. :thumb:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
time to break out the Ross man:

ross.jpg

Sitting at the park, Cody strides to the plate in the 9th and I'm thinking "my fucking alt better get the Rally Ross up or there'll be hell to pay."

Well played alt, well played indeed.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Almost forgot to post hermione

Easy Win!!

zCVKY.gif

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ LMFAAAAO

i love what they do on the screen when wilson comes in. dudes so weird. i've been working on how i'd fuck with him if i ever got to talk to him.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit that I may have jinxed Big Time Timmy Jim's Tuesday by contemplating out loud if he could possibly become the first pitcher to get 27 straight outs in one game without officially picthing a perfect game.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ LMFAAAAO

i love what they do on the screen when wilson comes in. dudes so weird. i've been working on how i'd fuck with him if i ever got to talk to him.

I've talked to him a couple of times in the Marina. He's very cool.

Quick story, which I may have told before: I was meeting a couple of friends at the Balboa on a Saturday morning for brunch and Weez had just blown a save the night before. He's outside the Balboa rocking the Mohawk, MMA T-Shirt with the sleeves cut off, cargo shorts, and purple suede Gucci loafers without socks. It was 55 degrees out. He's on Greenwich St talking to three Marinaskanks, who are braying and giggling. I walk by and nod (I'd seen him around and said hello before). He nods back. I clock his kicks and come to a complete stop. I look at the kicks, I look at Weez, I look back down at the kicks.

"WHAT!?!" Weez demands.

I say "Dude, if you're going to rock the purple suede loafs, you can't be blowing saves." He stares at me. My sphincter tightens. I'm sweating for about 4.6 seconds, I'm pretty sure my health insurance is fully paid.

"You're a hard man, bro" says the Weez. And shakes my hand.

That guy will ALWAYS be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've talked to him a couple of times in the Marina. He's very cool.

Quick story, which I may have told before: I was meeting a couple of friends at the Balboa on a Saturday morning for brunch and Weez had just blown a save the night before. He's outside the Balboa rocking the Mohawk, MMA T-Shirt with the sleeves cut off, cargo shorts, and purple suede Gucci loafers without socks. It was 55 degrees out. He's on Greenwich St talking to three Marinaskanks, who are braying and giggling. I walk by and nod (I'd seen him around and said hello before). He nods back. I clock his kicks and come to a complete stop. I look at the kicks, I look at Weez, I look back down at the kicks.

"WHAT!?!" Weez demands.

I say "Dude, if you're going to rock the purple suede loafs, you can't be blowing saves." He stares at me. My sphincter tightens. I'm sweating for about 4.6 seconds, I'm pretty sure my health insurance is fully paid.

"You're a hard man, bro" says the Weez. And shakes my hand.

That guy will ALWAYS be awesome.

LOL. Great story, Nolan.