• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - San Jose at Nashville - Feb 15, 5:00PM

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice little pass by Pavelski to Pickles, just handcuffed him a little. However, still a great play by Pavs.

Drew get your tongue out of Randy's arse.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's because Rules is converting and Amerks didn't make the trip over from ESPN ;)

Wont say Ive converted... I like the floating backcheck by patty to give up the 2 on 1... his feet were not moving and he could have gotten back if he gave a shit. Of course, once you make at least 6.8 mil on the sharks, you are all set and dont need to care anymore.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seto put some stickum on that stick!!! Damn.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
On the bright side... at least dallas is sucking it up something fierce: 2-6-1 in their last 9 and losing 1-0 to edmonton after the first tonight.

Sounds a little like the SD padres??? wink wink, nudge nudge

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it since Ryan is one of my favorites, but if Jumbo had been playing like Clowe the last week or two everyone on this board would be all over Jumbo. Yet there is barely a peep when Clowe disappears, as he has pretty much since the LA game. Expectations really shape criticism on this board.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wont say Ive converted... I like the floating backcheck by patty to give up the 2 on 1... his feet were not moving and he could have gotten back if he gave a shit. Of course, once you make at least 6.8 mil on the sharks, you are all set and dont need to care anymore.

Sorry Rules, converting maybe was a poor choice of words. I didn't mean you now like Marleau, I just meant you are no longer a huge fan of Jumbo's.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
also 3-1 van over minny... maybe the fish can escape with a couple points despite stinking and get back in the PO's.

Sure would be nice to see danny and jumbo put in a goal. I wonder if one small taste of success might reignite them? This is some amazing streak they are having.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it since Ryan is one of my favorites, but if Jumbo had been playing like Clowe the last week or two everyone on this board would be all over Jumbo. Yet there is barely a peep when Clowe disappears, as he has pretty much since the LA game. Expectations really shape criticism on this board.

RyanE is one of your favorites :)

He hasn't had a great stretch of games either, but he's been working hard imo. Jumbo makes twice the money Clowe makes and doesn't work hard at all. Expectations always have a sliding scale no matter where you are. Should a CEO making $100K a year have the exact same expectations as the Secretary making $30K?

I don't mind when players aren't scoring, I just like to see hustle at all times.....especially when someone is in a leadership capacity. Jumbo's failed on all counts this season.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sorry Rules, converting maybe was a poor choice of words. I didn't mean you now like Marleau, I just meant you are no longer a huge fan of Jumbo's.

Dont get me wrong, I was never a huge thornton fan. Its only that he has the ability to take over a game unlike any shark in history. He's struggling now and I think alot of that has to do with being captain. He just isn't a leadership type (like patty isnt either) and I think it's got him off his game some. That's why it's up to todd to put him a position to succeed rather than continue banging his head against a brick wall.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryane Clowe isn't our captain and he isn't making 7.2 million per season. Thornton is our number one guy and he is playing like doo-doo, any criticism he gets he deserves. Also, Clowe is struggling offensively but he's not playing horribly, his line is always out there creating and he's not making bone head plays like Dumbo.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Filo beat me to it...and worded it much better may I add haha

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

You might want to double check the number on that floater because it wasn't Marleau...

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Filo, your top players and highest paid players should be your most proficient players. Its the discrepancy of the criticism I was alluding too. Clowe probably has worked harder than Jumbo, and definitely Heatley the last few weeks... BUT to be honest Ive at least seen Heatley do more positive things than Clowe since the all star break. Yet there are 20 critical commetns of Danny and Jumbo for one of Clowe.

As far as Patty, once you stop thinking of him as an all-star caliber player, rather just a consistent top line player, his play hasn't really been that bad. Its just too bad because Patty has the ability to be an all star caliber guy, but he is just short of that more than he is that.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
RyanE is one of your favorites :)

He hasn't had a great stretch of games either, but he's been working hard imo. Jumbo makes twice the money Clowe makes and doesn't work hard at all. Expectations always have a sliding scale no matter where you are. Should a CEO making $100K a year have the exact same expectations as the Secretary making $30K?

I don't mind when players aren't scoring, I just like to see hustle at all times.....especially when someone is in a leadership capacity. Jumbo's failed on all counts this season.

Exactly right. Clowe has struggled a bit, but he has 8 pts in hist last 9 games and has only been a minus player once. He plays 3 fewer mins/game and is not on the top PP unit getting far less time than jumbo. Clowe is still working without a doubt, and Jumbo's slide and laziness has been truly yearlong.

Excluding a 4 game stretch fron jan 11-17 where he had 8 pts, he has exactly 0 goals (EN doesnt count) and 2 assists, and -7 in the last 16 games dating back to last december. In those 16 games, he also has exactly 0 Powerplay points.

Now THAT is a looong time to stink it up. And that is why I get so riled up at todd. If you have a guy who has zero PP points for the last 11 games, would you keep him on your number 1 unit to get that offensive draw every time? And his grand total of 3 shots in the last 6 games is equally amazing.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol oh man no mercy for Dumbo, cruises right past the net instead of stopping for the rebound.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree Filo, your top players and highest paid players should be your most proficient players. Its the discrepancy of the criticism I was alluding too. Clowe probably has worked harder than Jumbo, and definitely Heatley the last few weeks... BUT to be honest Ive at least seen Heatley do more positive things than Clowe since the all star break. Yet there are 20 critical commetns of Danny and Jumbo for one of Clowe.

As far as Patty, once you stop thinking of him as an all-star caliber player, rather just a consistent top line player, his play hasn't really been that bad. Its just too bad because Patty has the ability to be an all star caliber guy, but he is just short of that more than he is that.

That would be just fine if he wasnt paid about 7M, among the top 20 in the league. that's not a very good deal in the salary cap era...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not really sure what to think of Thornton this year. It looks like he's trying to play a better two-way game but it hasn't really worked out. Only in spirts has his defense been better while his 5-on-5 offense has dropped off the charts and its had a negitive effect on his play on the PP as well. Many nights he puts in a decient amount of effort to accomplish next to nothing.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh what a pass by Clowe and a shot by Couture. Those two have some great chemistry. Rinne was up to the task though.