• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT Philth @ Giants 4/17

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Way too early to be speculating on this but....) Agreed on all accounts. Also add Brown in there for Pagan's replacement and Noonan and as a possible bench player. Could see Franchez back on a 1 year deal if he comes back at some point this season. There will be the inevitable injury, but we have guys (Culberson/Noonan) who can fill in.

But it's fucking April, so many things can change, including someone outside the organization being brought into play 2B (hello Gordon Beckham?) or Burriss may actually step up.

I'd be pretty surprised to see Brown make the 2013 opening day roster. Hope you're right though

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a cautionary tale re prospects. For all of us hoping Brandon Belt = Will Clark Jr, it's just as likely he equals Todd Linden Jr

Who, btw, is starting in Fresno.

Weird. Where's JR Phillips?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who, btw, is starting in Fresno.

Weird. Where's JR Phillips?

Prospects will make you crazy. As a fan you see these guys with their hype, and the potential is so easy to 'see'. Oh, he 'projects' to a Joey Votto 'ceiling'. Oh, he's a 2nd or 3rd starter. It's kind of a crapshoot.

When you have say 4 'hot' prospects, you're pretty lucky if 1 turns into an Allstar, even once. For us to get Panda and Posey off the farm is already a really lucky streak.

Beckham had a really good rookie year in 2009. He was pretty lousy in 2010 and terrible in 2011, and it's only 29 ABs this year for him, but they are among the worst ABs in history. He got adjusted to and he couldn't adjust back. We will hopefully know soon if Belt is like that, or if he's a legit hitter.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prospects will make you crazy. As a fan you see these guys with their hype, and the potential is so easy to 'see'. Oh, he 'projects' to a Joey Votto 'ceiling'. Oh, he's a 2nd or 3rd starter. It's kind of a crapshoot.

When you have say 4 'hot' prospects, you're pretty lucky if 1 turns into an Allstar, even once. For us to get Panda and Posey off the farm is already a really lucky streak.

Beckham had a really good rookie year in 2009. He was pretty lousy in 2010 and terrible in 2011, and it's only 29 ABs this year for him, but they are among the worst ABs in history. He got adjusted to and he couldn't adjust back. We will hopefully know soon if Belt is like that, or if he's a legit hitter.

And it just again shows us how fortunate we are for all the talent we've gathered from the farm in just these last few years. Won't take that for granted, but I can defiantly see it driving people nuts.

And with the Beckham thing, I was just throwing names off the top of my head, but I din't know it was THAT bad. I was hearing/speculating a bounceback season...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it just again shows us how fortunate we are for all the talent we've gathered from the farm in just these last few years. Won't take that for granted, but I can defiantly see it driving people nuts.

And with the Beckham thing, I was just throwing names off the top of my head, but I din't know it was THAT bad. I was hearing/speculating a bounceback season...

It's possible he bounces back but he's had 2 lousy and getting worse years, and his start this year is awful. I realize you just picked a name, maybe we do indeed bring in someone to replace Franchez but I don't think it'll be him.

I can defiantly see what your point is.

:p

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible he bounces back but he's had 2 lousy and getting worse years, and his start this year is awful. I realize you just picked a name, maybe we do indeed bring in someone to replace Franchez but I don't think it'll be him.

I can defiantly see what your point is.

:p

I could defiantly see people going crazy over prospects of they don't pan out after all the hype we give them here :nerd:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will definitely defiantly stand up and shout "STOP IT" if you don't stop it...

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Worse than Roro's as a Giant?

Worse than Shea Hillenbrand's as a Giant?

:shudder: