• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT Champs @ TomahawkChop 8/15

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just couldn't have Whiteside sacrifice bunt OC to 2nd, could we, Noggin? Instead, we play for the six run homer, and ground into a DP instead. :L

In Boch's defense, even though I wish he would have guys sac bunt more often, MadBum was due up next. With one out and a runner on second, it makes no sense to attempt another sac bunt with the pitcher because, as I'm sure you know, a runner on third with two outs is essentially the same as a runner on second with two outs. As bad as Whiteside is, I would rather he try for the base hit, then MadBum sacrifices them over and Ross goes for the sac fly to bring them in. Obviously, this didn't happen, but in the second inning, it was a calculated risk, not simply the "hoping for a homer baseball" that we've seen recently.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Boch's defense, even though I wish he would have guys sac bunt more often, MadBum was due up next. With one out and a runner on second, it makes no sense to attempt another sac bunt with the pitcher because, as I'm sure you know, a runner on third with two outs is essentially the same as a runner on second with two outs. As bad as Whiteside is, I would rather he try for the base hit, then MadBum sacrifices them over and Ross goes for the sac fly to bring them in. Obviously, this didn't happen, but in the second inning, it was a calculated risk, not simply the "hoping for a homer baseball" that we've seen recently.

I understand that. But facing a guy like Hudson, already down 1-0, you gotta take every chance you get, I think.

A runner at 2nd with one out, MadBum has as good a chance as Eli to get a hit, and then Ross at leadoff. And the Braves sure as Hades would not be expecting Bochy to order a sacrifice there. Why not give it a shot?

Just continual frustration about this putrid offense. Now with Panda down, (hope he is OK), we add another black hole in the lineup with Font, who is like 3 for his last 34 or some miserable thing.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah - season was over much earlier than that - we lost it in LA on April 1st with that heartbreaking 4-3 loss - team had no heart

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Damn...just saw the replay of panda fouling the ball off his foot. Direct rebound off the top.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...just saw the replay of panda fouling the ball off his foot. Direct rebound off the top.

I saw that, too. That's gotta hurt. And with all the small bones in the top of the foot, well, I will be praying for it not to be serious. Right now, Panda is the only legit hitter we have, and he has been smoking the ball.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that. But facing a guy like Hudson, already down 1-0, you gotta take every chance you get, I think.

A runner at 2nd with one out, MadBum has as good a chance as Eli to get a hit, and then Ross at leadoff. And the Braves sure as Hades would not be expecting Bochy to order a sacrifice there. Why not give it a shot?

Just continual frustration about this putrid offense. Now with Panda down, (hope he is OK), we add another black hole in the lineup with Font, who is like 3 for his last 34 or some miserable thing.

I think Bochy thought he was taking every chance he could get by having Whiteside swing the bat. Runners on second and third with one out and your lead-off hitter up would obviously be exponentially better than a runner on second with one out and your pitcher up (as shown by MadBum's two swing thrus for the K).

I understand what you're saying, and if it was later in the game, I would definitely agree with bunting (mostly because there would be a pinch hitter for the pitcher). However, I see Bochy's reasoning for having Whiteside swing away as a better decision in that scenario. Obviously, he hit into a double play, so it's instantly perceived as the wrong decision, but he had to take that chance.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Season was over then the Giants did not re-sign Velez.

l_50c87d07d2674b9382620681f00b49fb.gif

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to like ATL's farm - first Hayward then Freeman. As Stokes mentioned - makes you wonder what Belt would have done if he was given the job early in the season.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I saw that, too. That's gotta hurt. And with all the small bones in the top of the foot, well, I will be praying for it not to be serious. Right now, Panda is the only legit hitter we have, and he has been smoking the ball.

Yeah, there's a ligament that runs right over the top too that is susceptible to impact injuries like that.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there's a ligament that runs right over the top too that is susceptible to impact injuries like that.

Did we use up all of our good luck last year? I'm starting to wonder.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to like ATL's farm - first Hayward then Freeman. As Stokes mentioned - makes you wonder what Belt would have done if he was given the job early in the season.

Or what the Giants could've done with the money they gave to Huff. It is becoming increasingly more apparent that the best place for Belt to play is first base. Aw, hindsight.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What's with ATL getting all the corners....this isn't 1998.