• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT Champs @ Knaves 8/18

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be playing every day it's a no brainer

Absitively posilutely. Bochy and Sabean trying to outsmart the Braves by playing washed up vets who can barely move, instead of playing a kid would could develop. Look what the Braves did with Freeman.

"Here's first base kid. Now go out there and show us what you can do."

444 AB's later, they have 16 homers, 60 RBI's, and a .293 average, with solid defense. All categories would lead the Giants (except average).

Bleah!

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll never know, but I wonder what numbers Belt would have put up this year with consistent playing time and no injuries.

uclabruin094

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fucking Whiteside...

fielder-whiteside-ap-picture.jpg

Fielder gets it

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll never know, but I wonder what numbers Belt would have put up this year with consistent playing time and no injuries.

No doubt the constant jimmyjacking has hurt him. He needs more than a couple dozen AB's to demonstrate what he can do.

And MiggE6 and the rest get seemingly unlimited time to "get hot".

Said it before, 7 guys in tonight's lineup hitting below .247. That's just pathetic. And the two best hitters were separated by 2-3 hitters? :L

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt the constant jimmyjacking has hurt him. He needs more than a couple dozen AB's to demonstrate what he can do.

Said it before, 7 guys in tonight's lineup hitting below .247. That's just pathetic. And the two best hitters were separated by 2-3 hitters? :L

that is just.. wow. :L

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Like mentioned earlier good to see the old posters here. Freaking Giants couldn't hit themselves out of a wet paper bag on a t-ball. Next 12 on sub .500 teams. I expect the bats let loose on those poor sub .500 saps before facing the Garden Snakes.

Thanks again to Filo and others for the welcome. Good to be here without the FUDsense acting worse than a mongoloid. :)

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I hope Cal had a good time. I am afraid we let him down. Again.

Timmy deserved better, but got Cained. Or he got MadBummed.

images

was all set to go with his cake..
it's gonna have to go back in the fridge until the lineup can manage one stinkin' run!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Epic- Welcome to the grown up board. Though with this stretch the Giants are in, it has been harder and harder to act like an adult. They are our team, and we love 'em, and we hate 'em. All part of being a fan, I guess.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like mentioned earlier good to see the old posters here. Freaking Giants couldn't hit themselves out of a wet paper bag on a t-ball. Next 12 on sub .500 teams. I expect the bats let loose on those poor sub .500 saps before facing the Garden Snakes.

Thanks again to Filo and others for the welcome. Good to be here without the FUDsense acting worse than a mongoloid. :)

they almost have to hit better don't they? This offense is setting records at futility.

Right now, I wouldn't mind having other people accusing the Giants of catching lightning in a bottle again.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I owe you rep.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Epic- Welcome to the grown up board. Though with this stretch the Giants are in, it has been harder and harder to act like an adult. They are our team, and we love 'em, and we hate 'em. All part of being a fan, I guess.

Heh, it's definitely frustrating to watch, but the silver lining is always the pitching - and even with the blown save from Wilson, I didn't think that game was horribly bad game. Now if the pitching was stinking along with the batting, I'd probably be shatting.

Once the bats get going, hopefully everything will fit right in.

jeans.gif

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Heh, it's definitely frustrating to watch, but the silver lining is always the pitching - and even with the blown save from Wilson, I didn't think that game was horribly bad game. Now if the pitching was stinking along with the batting, I'd probably be shatting.

Once the bats get going, hopefully everything will fit right in.

jeans.gif

Love that gif.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite my vitriol, we are still a good team in a bad way right now. The hitters are not hitting, and the defense is a bit porous, and we have more injuries than should be legally allowed. And yet, our pitching has been unreal.

Bad teams do not lose 1-0 games, they lose 10-0 games.

Bad teams to not lose 2-1 games, they lose 6-1 games.

I am hoping, fingers crossed, that the injured players (hey, I'm talking to YOU Shea Garko Beltran!) will come back and put on a show in late August and through September. Not a show of ineptitude, but a show that ends with winning the NL West.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I hope Cal had a good time. I am afraid we let him down. Again.

Timmy deserved better, but got Cained. Or he got MadBummed.

I left after the 2nd inning and we had the opposing SP at 50 pitches already...

WTF, guys?

I have not read the GDT yet or checked the box. All I know is 1-0????

:L

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freaking Giants couldn't hit themselves out of a wet paper bag on a t-ball. Next 12 on sub .500 teams. I expect the bats let loose on those poor sub .500 saps before facing the Garden Snakes.

)

This is what I think defines our current year and situation. It doesn't matter if the team we're playing is sub 500 or if it's PHI or ATL. We made Minor look like Cy Young. We make most pitchers look like Cy Young. Could Halladay, Lee or anyone thrown up a better line agaisnt us yesterday. I doubt it. The injuries have destroyed our offense. We have a real hard time scoring runs. Anything around 3 and I'll take us in that game.

But - look at both the PHI and ATL series. We lost a quite a few of the games but 1-0, 2-1 and everything else seemed like that. We lost this series 3-1 but could have been 4-0 the good guys if we had a clutch hit somewhere. Lead off double yesterday and we don't score.

If we make the playoffs - we will be dangerous. Our problem will be the playoffs. I really don't see any teams being a breeze for us. We just don't hit. Could be Halladay or Minor on the mound and the results are going to be similar