• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT (9) - 10/29 Sharks at Islanders - 4:00PM

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, Sharks win. In OT too which is good for end of the season tie-breakers. Those 4 on 3 PPs are killers. I still dislike Burns despite him scoring that goal. Guy is a mess in his own zone.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Burns had played extremely well the 2nd goal would never have been scored. I'm sick of watching the guy miss coverages and be an idiot game in and game out. I wish the Sharks had never traded for him.

2nd goal was miscommunication between Burns and Couture. Burns was taking the player breaking to the back post with Couture on Grabner. Couture stopped up short leaving Burns to move from the guy going to the back post to Grabner and was late getting there. Couture hung Burns out to dry on that one.

Burns made strong plays getting the puck out of the defensive zone and getting pucks into the offensive zone all night. He was a beast along the boards and in front of the net. He blocked a couple of shots and overall played a very smart game.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2nd goal was miscommunication between Burns and Couture. Burns was taking the player breaking to the back post with Couture on Grabner. Couture stopped up short leaving Burns to move from the guy going to the back post to Grabner and was late getting there. Couture hung Burns out to dry on that one.

Burns made strong plays getting the puck out of the defensive zone and getting pucks into the offensive zone all night. He was a beast along the boards and in front of the net. He blocked a couple of shots and overall played a very smart game.

I dont think he played that well, but it was by far and away his best game as a shark in his own zone. He looked like he calmed down quite a bit and that's a good sign over the long haul.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And that officiating crew took crapy to a whole new level...:burt:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And that officiating crew took crapy to a whole new level...:burt:

Yeah it was pretty bad from the end of the second period on, they gifted the game to the sharks.But at the same time the calls kind of balanced out lol

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glorious Shark Victory!

...and who doesn't love an OT victory?
Burns, I love the pickup. This team is ballin'.
I hope they can win when I go to their game early Nov. and all the games before.

:mod:
^^
That's the signal in the opposing teams' net.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would be in charge of coaching Burns? I think if done right, he can round out his D to be an excellent dman. He does have all the tools. Size, skating, physical mentality, and a shot. He's not a total idiot and does make good defensive plays numerous times a game as well.

Second game of back to backs are never pretty, but the Sharks just keep rollin (thanks ref). Let's go for the perfect trip!

Sharks WIN!

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually missed the beginning of OT getting dinner so I didn't see the blown DoG call. Figures that Burns would score on someone else's screwup. :p But like chango said that's 2 calls in two games that have gone for the Sharks. That means a call to go against them is coming up probably in short order.

Also good game by Greiss. Best Shark tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also just want to LOL at the Anaheim announcers. I had the misfortune of listening to a Ducks stream of the game in San Jose and they were talking after the game about how big a deal it was to be 6 points up on the Sharks already in the season. And it only took 5 games for the Sharks to jump Anaheim in the standings. HA!

:charlie: