• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT (73) 3/20 Sharks #9 @ Kings #10 7:30pm

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games 81 and 82 should mean a lot and should be fun

Not at this rate. L.A. is clearly the better team, and the Sharks in general don't have much motivation or passion for the game. Pathetic garbage joke of disgrace of a fucking team. Fuck the core group. Soft as cake bunch of fucking losers with little pride and will.

Last edited by a moderator:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
3 regulation wins in 19 games. 1 regulation win in 14 games played with dominic moore.

10 bucks says dougie re-signs him at 2M per for 2 years.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the Sharks reporters should ask Jimbo if he'd like to re-think his "low point of the season" / "we've hit rock bottom" statement from 3-4 weeks back... Hah!

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This says it all for me:

Last edited by a moderator:

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
3 regulation wins in 19 games. 1 regulation win in 14 games played with dominic moore.

10 bucks says dougie re-signs him at 2M per for 2 years.

Wow, those numbers say it all. They're lucky to still even have a chance at making the playoffs, and not being 10+ points out with the way they are playing....

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This season is over. Their team D is just as bad as it was before the trading began and the offense is miles worse. 3.1 Goals per game with moore in lineup is equally bad as without him (or worse). 1.9 GFA is WAY worse.

Havlat has been outstanding in his return, but 6 legit guys is not enough to win. Dougie needs to start looking ahead and consider this a lost year.

The bright side for me is that they are not that far from being a top team again. Just get rid of nemo for a respectable forward (which they can). Let the entire 3rd line go, buyout zues, and then bring in a legitimate 3rd line and they would instantly have respectable scoring depth again and jettison all the shitastic -30 in the last 2 years from "two-way" forward moore, and mitchell's borderline AHL play. Get rid of the dead weight and bad salary and it would be a very different team.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if Dumbo Slow can still call Niemi a "World Class Goaltender." Our captain talks this guy up but all he does is let us down. Niemi is good but not good enough and definitely not a "World class goaltender." You can stand on your head all night long but as soon as you let a softie go by, especially when it's a dagger goal like that, all that standing on your head just looks like shatting in your pants.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings win, Avs win, PHX/DAL game goes to OT. Fucking perfect.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm already telling myself this season is over.

I just can't believe this shit, I wish we never traded Seto & Heatley.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not sure if Dumbo Slow can still call Niemi a "World Class Goaltender." Our captain talks this guy up but all he does is let us down. Niemi is good but not good enough and definitely not a "World class goaltender." You can stand on your head all night long but as soon as you let a softie go by, especially when it's a dagger goal like that, all that standing on your head just looks like shatting in your pants.

The problem for Nemo is that he is suffering from exactly the same thing that Nabby did. His team cant score (they are at less than 2.00 GFA in the last 18 games) This means that Nemo has to allow 1 or 0 goals to win. That is a ton of pressure on a goaltender and when they dont completely stand on their head, they are blamed when the real problem in the offense. In virtually ever PO losing series, the sharks were under 2.00 GFA. Nabby was good, if not great most year, but one bad goal and the sharks would collapse. Nemo is not playing better or worse now, but instead of getting 3 or 4 goals per game regularly as chicago did two years and the sharks did last year, he is getting way way less, so his mistakes are magnified.

if the team scores over 3 goals per game and are losing each game 4-3 or 5-4, then its understandable to wonder about the goaltending. However, they havent given nemo 4 goals in well over a month. That's THE problem with this team, pure and simple.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm already telling myself this season is over.

I just can't believe this shit, I wish we never traded Seto & Heatley.

Neither of those were bad trades. Burns has been an excellent addition and is just what the sharks needed. Havlat was hurt, but heater's salary was killer...

I wish they never threw away 2.5M on handzus, traded away their only bottom 6 forward who belongs in the NHL, traded away what will become virtually a 1st rounder (certainly in the mid to low 30's), traded away the leading scorer and of the entire OHL, and brought in 3 complete losers who have undermined the team at both ends and crushed the season.

The ONLY trades that DW has made over the last year that arent so awful are the seto and heater deals.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem for Nemo is that he is suffering from exactly the same thing that Nabby did. His team cant score (they are at less than 2.00 GFA in the last 18 games) This means that Nemo has to allow 1 or 0 goals to win. That is a ton of pressure on a goaltender and when they dont completely stand on their head, they are blamed when the real problem in the offense. In virtually ever PO losing series, the sharks were under 2.00 GFA. Nabby was good, if not great most year, but one bad goal and the sharks would collapse. Nemo is not playing better or worse now, but instead of getting 3 or 4 goals per game regularly as chicago did two years and the sharks did last year, he is getting way way less, so his mistakes are magnified.

if the team scores over 3 goals per game and are losing each game 4-3 or 5-4, then its understandable to wonder about the goaltending. However, they havent given nemo 4 goals in well over a month. That's THE problem with this team, pure and simple.

I buy that. Nemo is part of the problem, but it's a team effort to be this inconsistent in the three phases of the game. Offense, defense, goaltending.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... and you know what's also sports?

Golf. Book your tee time now! :L

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at the game tonight. Was nice to see the Sharks play a good 7 minutes there in the third. This team does not resemble the teams of the past. I think we got a little spoiled, but this team is just not that good right now.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I buy that. Nemo is part of the problem, but it's a team effort to be this inconsistent in the three phases of the game. Offense, defense, goaltending.

I would also add that when the teams scores more, the goalie numbers improve because the team can drop back all 5 guys and give up far fewer chances. however, if you are constantly playing from behind and trying to catch up, then the team presses and you give up alot of quality chances. IMO, aside form goal 4 (which was likely meaningless anyways), Nemo stood on his head. He made no fewer than a dozen great saves, particularly in that second period when LA just came wave after wave and nemo kept the sharks in the game.

people will look at that 4th goal and shake their heads, but if nemo doesnt absolutely dominate the game early on, it would have been over by midway through the 2nd period. I actually feel bad for nemo, because it really cant be easy for him. Look at the only 3 regulation wins the sharks have had over the last month+. 2-1 tor, 1-0 Phi, 3-2 Edm. Nemo knew that if he gives up 3, it's lights out. He had to have a GAA of 1.00 to win those games. Deslaurier gave up 3 yesterday and won, nemo never gets that break now.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would also add that when the teams scores more, the goalie numbers improve because the team can drop back all 5 guys and give up far fewer chances. however, if you are constantly playing from behind and trying to catch up, then the team presses and you give up alot of quality chances. IMO, aside form goal 4 (which was likely meaningless anyways), Nemo stood on his head. He made no fewer than a dozen great saves, particularly in that second period when LA just came wave after wave and nemo kept the sharks in the game.

people will look at that 4th goal and shake their heads, but if nemo doesnt absolutely dominate the game early on, it would have been over by midway through the 2nd period. I actually feel bad for nemo, because it really cant be easy for him. Look at the only 3 regulation wins the sharks have had over the last month+. 2-1 tor, 1-0 Phi, 3-2 Edm. Nemo knew that if he gives up 3, it's lights out. He had to have a GAA of 1.00 to win those games. Deslaurier gave up 3 yesterday and won, nemo never gets that break now.

Lastly, its important to recognize that Nemo virtually hasnt played a pressureless minute in the last month and half. The sharks have had exactly 2 times in those 18 games when they have had a two goal lead (in the 1st period vs. Minny on 2/26, a 2 goal lead which lasted 6 minutes, and 1st period vs. detroit which lasted 23 seconds.)

This means that in the last roughly 1000 minutes that nemo has played, he has enjoyed a 2 goal lead for roughly 7 of those. he has been up by one, tied, or losing for 993 or so minutes.

Think about that for a moment...

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's going to kill me tonight is not if the Sharks lose in regulation but rather the fact that the other two games (DAL/PHX and COL/CGY? Are those the games tonight?) will probably both be 3-point games. :L

I have not even read through all the posts and I know were this is going...

I have this :burt: on a hotkey now...

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah - even if the goals are not going in, if you are playing the majority of the minutes in their zone grinding away down low and then back checking hard so they get few to no quality chances you are going to come out ahead more often than not (NJ??). However this team is just not built for that sort of hustle and work ethic night after night - and it sure as hell gives the opposing team a lot of good looks at the net.

Niemi isn't playing well, but at some point he needs some help from the team.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. No chance!

Kings will probably win by something like 4-1 or 5-2. The Sharks will "do their best" and put 40+ useless shots on Quick's pads and then just shrug it off as "we hit another hot goalie". :L

Holy shit, I was right with my doom & gloom prediction for once... except they put out half the shots and Quick had nothing to do with winning the game! (not like it's hard to do with the Sharks these days)

Tune in for my prediction vs. Boston on Thursday, kids! (hint: see BOS/TOR box score earlier this week)