• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT (57) - 2/19 Sharks at Red Wings - 9:30AM

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do i even get out of bed for these games...way to ruin a pefectly good Sunday.

at least there is still a few minutes of LINsanity left

Last edited by a moderator:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sharks deserved a better fate than that. They out played the Wings for most of the game.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:burt: this is a picture of Doug Wilson in the press box in Detroit

dwo.gif

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better win in Columbus on Tuesday to keep this from getting uglier, if that's possible. Only 2 pts. up in the division and 4 pts. out of 9th place. The playoffs are far from a lock.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Abdelkader needs to stop fighting before he gets himself really hurt. He got his ass handed to him pretty badly by Clowe.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks deserved a better fate than that. They out played the Wings for most of the game.

If they can bottle up today's effort and take it with them starting in Columbus, the trip won't end up so bad.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems to me the Sharks keep letting the opposing team score first too often and are playing come from behind too much whether they are playing better than the other team or not does not matter if they are playing catch up too much.

in the past they were the masters of coming from behind, this year that is not the case as much and even when they do OT or SO, not really convincing that this team has what it takes to go deep into the playoffs...

Doug Wilson better be at the drawing board, Tmac as well, this team is just not right this year.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abdelkader needs to stop fighting before he gets himself really hurt. He got his ass handed to him pretty badly by Clowe.

Highlight of the game for the Sharks.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If they can bottle up today's effort and take it with them starting in Columbus, the trip won't end up so bad.

If the Sharks keep playing games the way they did today they will be just fine.

On a side note I really like what I've seen from Wingels these past three games. He's playing fast, he's playing physical, and he's been all over the puck. It's nice to see him show some real NHL potential.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems to me the Sharks keep letting the opposing team score first too often and are playing come from behind too much whether they are playing better than the other team or not does not matter if they are playing catch up too much.

in the past they were the masters of coming from behind, this year that is not the case as much and even when they do OT or SO, not really convincing that this team has what it takes to go deep into the playoffs...

Doug Wilson better be at the drawing board, Tmac as well, this team is just not right this year.

Still some time left before the trade deadline. One would think that DW should have something in the works.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Sharks keep playing games the way they did today they will be just fine.

On a side note I really like what I've seen from Wingels these past three games. He's playing fast, he's playing physical, and he's been all over the puck. It's nice to see him show some real NHL potential.

he's definitely a bright spot, really like this kid!

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks on this road trip...

they want a chicken dinner...

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
thankfully, I missed this one... glad to hear they gave a better effort than the two bottom feeder games.

I think its pretty freaking clear that this team lacks depth and that is the problem. obviously, when havlat comes back, if he is effective, it will be a big help. Moore is adding a big fat zero, as I fully expected from a guy with 4 goals all year. to think he is anything resembling scoring depth is rediculous.

Doug has 8 days to make up for his lack of scoring depth. If thronton, marleau, clowe, cooch, and pavs dont score, the sharks dont stand a chance. And, since clowe and jumbo arent big scorers anyways, the sharks are really a 3 man team in terms of goal scoring. That isnt gunna get it done on a regular basis.

p.s.: the sharks are 5-9 in their 14 games decided in regulation or OT. They have won just 5 overall of the last 16 games. This team is going down the tubes and fast...

Derek Roy, PAP toe and the like should be the names dougie is hunting. Even A kostitsyn should be considered. I anxiously await more news in the next week because otherwise, I think its a one and done against any of stl, det, van, or chicago.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I should say that scoring depth isnt the only problem since they have given up 3 or more (in regulation) in 8 straight games... not much is working...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
thankfully, I missed this one... glad to hear they gave a better effort than the two bottom feeder games.

I think its pretty freaking clear that this team lacks depth and that is the problem. obviously, when havlat comes back, if he is effective, it will be a big help. Moore is adding a big fat zero, as I fully expected from a guy with 4 goals all year. to think he is anything resembling scoring depth is rediculous.

Doug has 8 days to make up for his lack of scoring depth. If thronton, marleau, clowe, cooch, and pavs dont score, the sharks dont stand a chance. And, since clowe and jumbo arent big scorers anyways, the sharks are really a 3 man team in terms of goal scoring. That isnt gunna get it done on a regular basis.

p.s.: the sharks are 5-9 in their 14 games decided in regulation or OT. They have won just 5 overall of the last 16 games. This team is going down the tubes and fast...

Derek Roy, PAP toe and the like should be the names dougie is hunting. Even A kostitsyn should be considered. I anxiously await more news in the next week because otherwise, I think its a one and done against any of stl, det, van, or chicago.

How has Moore added a big fat zero? He has played really well in both his games so far. He's brought speed, a good forecheck, solid defensive awareness, and done a good job fighting for space in front of the net and creating scoring chances. Good grief, I guess if he doesn't score 4 goals a game he useless.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yeah, they definitely did.
Detroit had much better goaltending, and that was the difference. Now I wish Howard had played...

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How has Moore added a big fat zero? He has played really well in both his games so far. He's brought speed, a good forecheck, solid defensive awareness, and done a good job fighting for space in front of the net and creating scoring chances. Good grief, I guess if he doesn't score 4 goals a game he useless.

Moore has looked good to me. He was a solid pick up.
Agree about Wingels too. I think they sent him down way too fast at the start of the season. He definitely shows promise.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too worried. Not trying to be a doomsayer, but I just don't think the Sharks will win a cup with Joe Thornton as captain. I obviously hope I'm wrong on that though. We'll see, if they can pick up one more top 7 forward that can score goals and add some toughness and hustle and Havlat can come back and be effective, you never know.

Honestly, this team will make the playoffs barring injuries, so I'm just trying to enjoy the ride now during the regular season and hope against hope that Thornton can learn to do what it takes to win a Stanley Cup. When Joe does play like a beast, he's sooooo good.