• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: 49ers vs Ravens

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It had the atmosphere no doubt, with the hype and the attention. Although in the playoffs the 49ers won't be on such a short week, and at least one game at home.

Well, the last time the 49ers lost this year... they came back and won 8 straight. The 8th game from here would be the Super Bowl :)

Nice! It reminds me of 1981, when no one expected anything from them and they had a 7-game winning streak, then lost and then won 8 straight culminating in the Super Bowl vistory over Cincy.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game probably means bad things for the Steelers though. That game is at home and we get an 8 day week to prepare and rest while they are the ones making the cross the country trip. I think you will see us play with a chip on shoulder during that game much like the Ravens did tonight. I say our D dominates that game and we pound the ball with Gore and Hunter on that D.

I actually might attend that MNF on a side note.

What worried me about last week's game was what many have already mentioned: our OL is mediocre at best. They made strides over the course of the season to improve, but they aren't a dominant group. Combine that with a system QB, who although was under pressure a lot, isn't necessarily a solid decision maker in his own right. However, I'll cut Alex some slack because he was going against arguably one of the very best front 7's in all of football. It sucks that we spent so many high picks on a unit that is still having problems holding their own. And can someone tell Staley to just be quiet and play for once?

Granted, we played on 3 days rest so I'll give them that. The Steelers game should be interesting although I don't if the Niners will win the game in the trenches that night despite being rested. LeBeau is one of the best DC's in all of football and his schemes are going to give Alex Smith a lot of problems in that game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I actually might attend that MNF on a side note.

What worried me about last week's game was what many have already mentioned: our OL is mediocre at best. They made strides over the course of the season to improve, but they aren't a dominant group. Combine that with a system QB, who although was under pressure a lot, isn't necessarily a solid decision maker in his own right. However, I'll cut Alex some slack because he was going against arguably one of the very best front 7's in all of football. It sucks that we spent so many high picks on a unit that is still having problems holding their own. And can someone tell Staley to just be quiet and play for once?

Granted, we played on 3 days rest so I'll give them that. The Steelers game should be interesting although I don't if the Niners will win the game in the trenches that night despite being rested. LeBeau is one of the best DC's in all of football and his schemes are going to give Alex Smith a lot of problems in that game.

if the Ravens and Steeler D's are just too good, i can live with it. what we don't want is missed assignments, confusion, poor effort blocks, giving up on blocks, etc..

just use the Ravens and Steeler games (mainly) to learn and improve. when we play better D's in the play-offs, we're better prepared.