• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT #44 - Wild at Sharks - 7:30PM

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's refreshing to see the Sharks were still pressuring with a 3-1 lead instead of moving to the defensive dump and change they were doing most of the year.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, watching Raffi out there tonight almost feels like watching the ghost of Owen Nolan. :ss:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team looked great tonight. The score was what it should be.

Sharks Win!

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game but boy did Stuart and Demers (though not as bad as Irwin) suck out there...

Good thing Niemi and the offense showed up, at least.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is why I was soooo happy about the torres trade (see previous posts). He is the missing link on the sharks. If they had him on the team the last 5 years, we'd have a cup already.

The leaders on the sharks are, in the words of my dad, "nambi pambi guys" Jumbo and patty dont hit, cooch doesnt hit. Clowe was the only guy on the team who was both physical and could score. Still, teams did not fear the sharks...

Now, it's different. Torres may be (ok, IS) a bastard. Dirty, cheap, nasty bastard. BUT, he isnt a one-dimensional jerk. He gets under the skin of opponents and is incredibly hard to play against, but has good size, speed and skill too. Not to mention a fire under his ass... Those kind of players are hard to come by and torres adds a dimension the sharks have never had. With burns' great play up front, the sharks now have, for the first time in years, three legit scoring lines. When was the last time jumbo was basically completely shut down (OK, 1 second assist) and the team still scored 6??? The balanced scoring is here and with torres and burns, it's like the sharks added 2 top 6 or top 9 forwards. Huge!

The big question is the D. Irwin, Braun and Demers are all pretty big question marks. Young, mobile and respectable at both ends, but unreliable. That said, if they can play well, and nemo stays hot as can be, then the sharks could make noise. The Torres deal could be the best in dougie's tenure (Jumbo and Boyle excluded).

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is why I was soooo happy about the torres trade (see previous posts). He is the missing link on the sharks. If they had him on the team the last 5 years, we'd have a cup already.

The leaders on the sharks are, in the words of my dad, "nambi pambi guys" Jumbo and patty dont hit, cooch doesnt hit. Clowe was the only guy on the team who was both physical and could score. Still, teams did not fear the sharks...

Now, it's different. Torres may be (ok, IS) a bastard. Dirty, cheap, nasty bastard. BUT, he isnt a one-dimensional jerk. He gets under the skin of opponents and is incredibly hard to play against, but has good size, speed and skill too. Not to mention a fire under his ass... Those kind of players are hard to come by and torres adds a dimension the sharks have never had. With burns' great play up front, the sharks now have, for the first time in years, three legit scoring lines. When was the last time jumbo was basically completely shut down (OK, 1 second assist) and the team still scored 6??? The balanced scoring is here and with torres and burns, it's like the sharks added 2 top 6 or top 9 forwards. Huge!

The big question is the D. Irwin, Braun and Demers are all pretty big question marks. Young, mobile and respectable at both ends, but unreliable. That said, if they can play well, and nemo stays hot as can be, then the sharks could make noise. The Torres deal could be the best in dougie's tenure (Jumbo and Boyle excluded).

I disagree with you on the sharks never having it before they had it with Owen Nolan and Scott Thornton, its just been like a decade since weve seen it lol.

Torres is probably a poor mans Nolan, without the injuries and he was a first round pick with the islanders, they guy is a douchebag pig fucker but he plays with alot of passion

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with you on the sharks never having it before they had it with Owen Nolan and Scott Thornton, its just been like a decade since weve seen it lol.

Torres is probably a poor mans Nolan, without the injuries and he was a first round pick with the islanders, they guy is a douchebag pig fucker but he plays with alot of passion

Marchment too (that's added to the list, not that he's a douchebag pig fucker). :agree:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ok, fair enough. However, when they had nolan, they had little else in terms of real talent around him. Even in 1999-2000 in nolans big 40 goal year, they had damphousse, friesen, ricci, and marleau (who wasnt much to speak of then). Basically, they had very little premier (thorton/boyle-style) talent around him. This team has a ton more talent but clearly lacks the heart.

Torres brings that heart, and the pigfucker description is right on. He's an asshole. Dirty, cheap, asshole. I dont like the way he plays in terms of sportsmanship and I think players like him have no place in the league. All that said, they are in the league and they are scary and nasty and other teams hate playing against them. Mush was a similar player. Dirty and mean, but effective and torres is a better, more skilled player.

He is a poor man's nolan, but hey, Nolan was a stud, so Ill take it! The only difference though is that nolan and thornton weren't known as dirty. Torres' dirtiness is exactly what makes him what the sharks need.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torres has been a GREAT addition to the Sharks. Whether u love him or hate him, he plays with passion. He plays on the EDGE, and as a fan all you can hope for is more positives plays than negatives plays.

CHEATER!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok, fair enough. However, when they had nolan, they had little else in terms of real talent around him. Even in 1999-2000 in nolans big 40 goal year, they had damphousse, friesen, ricci, and marleau (who wasnt much to speak of then). Basically, they had very little premier (thorton/boyle-style) talent around him. This team has a ton more talent but clearly lacks the heart.

Torres brings that heart, and the pigfucker description is right on. He's an asshole. Dirty, cheap, asshole. I dont like the way he plays in terms of sportsmanship and I think players like him have no place in the league. All that said, they are in the league and they are scary and nasty and other teams hate playing against them. Mush was a similar player. Dirty and mean, but effective and torres is a better, more skilled player.

He is a poor man's nolan, but hey, Nolan was a stud, so Ill take it! The only difference though is that nolan and thornton weren't known as dirty. Torres' dirtiness is exactly what makes him what the sharks need.

Uh Nolan had a pretty bad reputation for being dirty, who was the dallas stars player he destroyed and i think he got a 11 game supsension? Nolan stopped being as dirty after that lol

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Freezer at the time was a 30goal guy and Marco was in the 20's and i Believe Korloyuk was in the 20"s as well, Not to mention Ricci,Thornton,Sundstrom. He had help

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freezer at the time was a 30goal guy and Marco was in the 20's and i Believe Korloyuk was in the 20"s as well, Not to mention Ricci,Thornton,Sundstrom. He had help

:doh: don't forget Salami missing that empty net on the wrap around, UGH!!!!!! :doh: