• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT #4 - Jan 26th - Avalanche at Sharks - 1:00PM

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gomez has impressed me so far, had a few nice set up plays. The team looks strong right now. I want to see a solid 3rd period and maybe a goal or two.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh, I've liked Galiardi's play this year. He's been strong on the forecheck, physical, smart with the puck, and good in his own zone. He, Wingels, and Handzus need to start converting on their chances but other than that the 3rd lines been pretty good this so far this season.

I think the 3rd line has done well despite having Galiardi on it.. not because he's ON the line, by any means.

Handzus is still slow but he's a monster in the face-off circle like he's always been so that's huge. And he's skating better than he has, so he looks a lot better than last year.

Wingels is fast/good but he can only do so much as well.

Galiardi is just... weak off the puck, someone breathes within 5 yards of him and he falls down, he can't handle or pass the puck worth a shit, etc.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone heard McGinn's name get called at all this game?

Last edited by a moderator:

CJdublé

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Always happy to see our top guys playing like our top players. I think gomez will tremendously help the scoring opportunities for the lower lines. Hopefully the goals will come -- we had some good cycles.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well one thing that most teams get when they win a cup is that every player pretty much needs to have a career year. So Clowe needs to get with the program and so does the bottom lines.

PS How much says Jeremy Roenick takes credit for Marleaus performance because of his book

Last edited by a moderator:

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not to beat a dead horse, but I like beating dead horses... Sooo hows everyone missing that be all end all Brent Burns guy... that as gonna be the saviour to this team? Imagine this lineup with seto on the 3rd line...

Burns replaced by an Irwin guy ive never heard of, that in 4 games has gotten more rave reviews then that injury prone assbag got in his whole SJ career...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not to beat a dead horse, but I like beating dead horses... Sooo hows everyone missing that be all end all Brent Burns guy... that as gonna be the saviour to this team? Imagine this lineup with seto on the 3rd line...

Burns replaced by an Irwin guy ive never heard of, that in 4 games has gotten more rave reviews then that injury prone assbag got in his whole SJ career...

You obviously haven't seen how brutal the Murray/Braun pairing has been at times. Burns would be huge bumping Murray out of the line up. A pair of Burns and Demers would bump Boyle/Irwin down to 3rd pairing match ups. I'd take that any day. It's a nice luxury for the Sharks to be winning like they are and still have one of the best two way dmen in the league in reserve.

I don't know what happened to him but Seto's been nothing short of garbage for some time now. I don't know if he left his heart and mind in San Jose but if he would have played as bad for the Sharks as he has since the 2nd month of last season for the Wild the the Sharks were extremely lucky to dump him when they did not to mention get a golden return for him.

Hovertical

mmmmm fish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps the scoreboard guy was just announcing how many goals Marleau would end up with for the game before the puck dropped.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't get the Burns bashing either. i love that guys game. I think he was a great pick up.

Burns not playing and Irwin scoring (once) is about as close as it's ever going to get to being an "I told you so" moment unless Coyle turns into a top tier player. Let him have it.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You obviously haven't seen how brutal the Murray/Braun pairing has been at times. Burns would be huge bumping Murray out of the line up. A pair of Burns and Demers would bump Boyle/Irwin down to 3rd pairing match ups. I'd take that any day. It's a nice luxury for the Sharks to be winning like they are and still have one of the best two way dmen in the league in reserve.

I don't know what happened to him but Seto's been nothing short of garbage for some time now. I don't know if he left his heart and mind in San Jose but if he would have played as bad for the Sharks as he has since the 2nd month of last season for the Wild the the Sharks were extremely lucky to dump him when they did not to mention get a golden return for him.

Yeah Murrays agility is that of a bulldozer and its only getting worse. Braun is paying for having to play with him. Maybe Bench him for Petrecki?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah Murrays agility is that of a bulldozer and its only getting worse. Braun is paying for having to play with him. Maybe Bench him for Petrecki?

I wouldn't mind seeing Petrecki in there for Murray. Barring injuries though, I doubt Petrecki sees any game time. Demers should be back within a week. It will be interesting to see what happens then.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Matt IRWIN!!!!! Buh Bye Demers

LOL. I was thinking the same thing. I know it's only 4 games,, but Irwin looks very solid.
The hit by Stuey changed the game. I was there yesterday, and the place was so quiet, and the team was sleep walking....That hit energized them!! They are so much better on D this year, with some quality depth too.
I thought Gomez played really well. Once Burns gets back, the PP is gonna be even more lethal. Gomez-Havlat-Clowe-Burns-and either Irwin/Stuey/Vlasic.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Im pretty sure he left his heart in SJ... I mean, being told your a part of future, taking a contract discount, then being shipped to awful Minnsota would be like proposing, then ctchin your wife with another guy, then ending up in a relationship with a chick with 5 kids on welfare... Your heart just wouldnt be in it anymore haha

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im pretty sure he left his heart in SJ... I mean, being told your a part of future, taking a contract discount, then being shipped to awful Minnsota would be like proposing, then ctchin your wife with another guy, then ending up in a relationship with a chick with 5 kids on welfare... Your heart just wouldnt be in it anymore haha

If that's Setoguchi's attitude then he needs to grow up. He's an athlete playing professional sports, he should know it's a business. After that season Wilson was very open about the fact that anyone on the roster was available if he felt it improved the team. He reiterated this point again after signing Setoguchi. If Seto thought he was safe just because he signed a new contract then he was very niave. And if he thought he was giving the Sharks a discount with that contract not only was he niave but he was delusional.

Seto has many tools to be a productive player but if what you're saying accurately reflects his attitude towards the situation then it's obvious he lacks the toolbox to hold them all together. Until he's able to keep it all together he's not going to be anything more than what we saw his last two years with the Sharks: a mediocre winger who's inconsistant play bounces him from line to line and in and out of the line up.