• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT- 3/29/11

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know I asked this last year, GP, but how do you embed gifs?

Copy the url of the gif - one way to do that is to right click on the gif and choose "open in new window" from the context menu ( the one that should pop-up on all right clicks). In the new window the url of the gif should be in the address bar - just copy that. Alternately, when you right click on the gif there should be an option like "copy image location" - choosing that option will copy the url of the gif into your clipboard.

Now when composing a new post, click on the icon that looks like a landscape scene - this one, in fact -->
insertimage.gif
. And paste in the url in the edit box provided, and then click "OK".

That should do it. Alternately just include the url of the gif in the body of your post surrounded by opening and closing IMG tags, i.e. [noparse]
insertimage.gif
[/noparse] is the code to insert the icon above.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need I remind you that Buster...ain't....havin....it.

And that throw was a little off-line and leisurely compared to the tosses he makes now. I believe they call that playing to the level of competition.

Last edited by a moderator:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Copy the url of the gif - one way to do that is to right click on the gif and choose "open in new window" from the context menu ( the one that should pop-up on all right clicks). In the new window the url of the gif should be in the address bar - just copy that. Alternately, when you right click on the gif there should be an option like "copy image location" - choosing that option will copy the url of the gif into your clipboard.

Now when composing a new post, click on the icon that looks like a landscape scene - this one, in fact -->
insertimage.gif

That should do it. Alternately just include the url of the gif in the body of your post surrounded by opening and closing IMG tags, i.e. [noparse]
insertimage.gif

thanks, GP

1301329809_air-blob-jump-in-the-sand.gif

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that throw was a little off-line and leisurely compared to the tosses he makes now. I believe they call that playing to the level of competition.

What I love most about that play is that Posey says "I ain't havin' it....I ain't havin' it." You can read his lips...

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

insertimage.gif

insertimage.gif

Shit, not getting an open in new window option. I'll keep trying.

On a positive note, I got all these great gifs saved on my computer now.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I love most about that play is that Posey says "I ain't havin' it....I ain't havin' it." You can read his lips...

Yeah. I saw that. Definitely the best part. Not having to make his best throw and still gunning the guy is a close second.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I didn't get that either, but you can use the copy image location function as GP says.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

If they're on your computer you want to move them onto the web somewhere - a picture hosting site, for instance. Then use the url of where they're stored there (using the procedure outline above). Can't paste a link to some local file on your computer unless your local computer is also accessible to everyone from the web, which, obviously, is not something most people would want to implement.