• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT (24) - 12/6 Wild at Sharks - 7:30PM

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson would probably look to replace Shaw and Woodcroft before firing McLellan.

Maybe. I was just surprised to see so many coaches go so quickly. These GMs are nuts in this league, some of them.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S. I saw Marleau on a milk carton today. He has been missing for a few weeks. Last sighting was in Colorado a few weeks ago.

I'd double check that milk to be sure it wasn't a group photo of the top line (Pavs goal last night was the first and only point in like 5 I think) with a smattering of several other sharks in the background.

Team play needs to get a whole lot better and if the team underperforms by not being in the playoffs in decent enough position, or not playing playoff hockey if/when they get there, then we can talk about the scenarios you floated (you never suggested, I apologize). I think it just bugs me when the team goes through a rough patch and everyone wants to play America's favorite game: Blame. Teams have rough patches, all of them, and if it's a cathartic way of dealing with some losses by one's favorite team I should really just learn to accept that.

Be well (sincere).

Also, Mr.FlyingV, you've got to be happy with what you've seen from Vlasic this year at least, right? I remember (I think) you wanted and expected more from him.

:tea:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson would probably look to replace Shaw and Woodcroft before firing McLellan.

I'd be OK with that. I'm not impressed with either assistant.

Carlyle wouldnt be the worst choice in the world for assistant coach

I'd also be OK with this on the condition that Carlyle is guaranteed to never ever EVER be promoted to HC of the Sharks.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Carlyle wouldnt be the worst choice in the world for assistant coach

I agree. I think he'd make a good coach for the defense. I also wouldn't mind having Todd Richards back to handle the forwards.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McLellan has Winchester practicing on the top line...is there good enough reason to fire him now? LOL

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also be OK with this on the condition that Carlyle is guaranteed to never ever EVER be promoted to HC of the Sharks.

This.

I agree. I think he'd make a good coach for the defense. I also wouldn't mind having Todd Richards back to handle the forwards.

And this.

But is there any chance he'd take an assistant position (i.e. demotion) in the NHL right now? As opposed to just waiting a couple weeks/months until the next head coach is fired?

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this.

But is there any chance he'd take an assistant position (i.e. demotion) in the NHL right now? As opposed to just waiting a couple weeks/months until the next head coach is fired?[/QUOTE]

Or...take role as assistant in SJ now & take over as HC next year after the Sharks flame-out in the PO's once again...:ss:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Sharks can fix their PK to around top 15 level, they'd be in or win a good handful more games. As of now, it feels like a 50-50 chance the other team scores on their PP. Is it scheme or the player personnel that makes the PK so horrible?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the Sharks can fix their PK to around top 15 level, they'd be in or win a good handful more games. As of now, it feels like a 50-50 chance the other team scores on their PP. Is it scheme or the player personnel that makes the PK so horrible?

They have the players to have a good pk but those players are not being paired properly. Also the system being employed is not working to the strengths of the players being used on it.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd double check that milk to be sure it wasn't a group photo of the top line (Pavs goal last night was the first and only point in like 5 I think) with a smattering of several other sharks in the background.

Team play needs to get a whole lot better and if the team underperforms by not being in the playoffs in decent enough position, or not playing playoff hockey if/when they get there, then we can talk about the scenarios you floated (you never suggested, I apologize). I think it just bugs me when the team goes through a rough patch and everyone wants to play America's favorite game: Blame. Teams have rough patches, all of them, and if it's a cathartic way of dealing with some losses by one's favorite team I should really just learn to accept that.

Be well (sincere).

Also, Mr.FlyingV, you've got to be happy with what you've seen from Vlasic this year at least, right? I remember (I think) you wanted and expected more from him.

:tea:

Yes, I am very happy with Vlasic. I think he has been the best player so far on the team. Very happy with him. I think I was the one about 2 years ago that compared Vlasic to the character Benjamin Button, as he seemed to be regressing each year since that promising rookie year.

I just took a peek at the Merc, and I see Marleau will be on the 3rd line tonight and Winchester on the 1st? Hmmm. Will Marleau pout being down there? Interesting move. I agree, I think the whole first line was on that milk carton. Yes, a group photo.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
McLellan has Winchester practicing on the top line...is there good enough reason to fire him now? LOL

LOL. Im most cases I would say yes. But Winchester has been one of the few guys that's actually played well recently. I like how he goes to the front of the net, and will knock down anyone in his way. Sharks don't have near enough guys like that on the team.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes, I am very happy with Vlasic. I think he has been the best player so far on the team. Very happy with him. I think I was the one about 2 years ago that compared Vlasic to the character Benjamin Button, as he seemed to be regressing each year since that promising rookie year.

I just took a peek at the Merc, and I see Marleau will be on the 3rd line tonight and Winchester on the 1st? Hmmm. Will Marleau pout being down there? Interesting move. I agree, I think the whole first line was on that milk carton. Yes, a group photo.

Completely agee with you on Vlasic. He has been their best player up to this point. This was the kind of progress I was hoping for out of him the last few years. Nice to see him playing this way.