• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT (24) - 12/6 Wild at Sharks - 7:30PM

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Rares get a new log-in?

(BTW, I LOL-ed, thanks... that dude is a keeper for sure! :p)

Just catching up with the thread before collapsing in bed...

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got back.
What a disappointing game.

After the 4:00 PK, it was all Wild.
Hackett was lights out all night but credit to the Wild D who took over the game after getting dominated in the early minutes.

Lousy Heatley.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
maybe I'm alone and maybe I'm not but I don't like todd at all. I don't think he's the right coach and he only ever beats detroit you notice that???

Didnt like him since day 1, always felt he was handed a very talented team and his coaching record is inflated by the talent he had, not his ability to coach. thats always apparent in the playoffs when he doesnt change strategy on the fly.
My favorite Todd genious coaching move was the "Hey when were bout to enter the zone, do a lil drop pas to the guy & they will all be confused" And they kept doing it, and doing it and doing it and it weiled absolutely nothing lol

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need more 'chubby' chicks in the GDTs. That will change the Sharks' fortunes.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Braun/Demers pairing faired well their first time together. On multiple occasions, they sorted things out quickly after gaining possession in their own zone and moved the puck up ice. I want to see more of them.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont think you can.blame tmac, his pk/pp/ and defensive coaches should all be handed thier walking papers

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont think you can.blame tmac, his pk/pp/ and defensive coaches should all be handed thier walking papers

Tmac's the head coach and has to shoulder some of the blame for that as well. Besides they handed their defensive coach his walking papers in the offseason. Then replaced him behind the bench with Jay Woodcroft and his laundry list of playing exprience. I mean the guy did manage to play 1 game at the ECHL level...

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tmac's the head coach and has to shoulder some of the blame for that as well. Besides they handed their defensive coach his walking papers in the offseason. Then replaced him behind the bench with Jay Woodcroft and his laundry list of playing exprience. I mean the guy did manage to play 1 game at the ECHL level...

Speaking of Jay Woodcroft, does he use the same shoe polish on his hair as Brian Wilson does on his beard?

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the countdown to TMac's firing has officially begun? Seems like in NHL there are hair triggers among the GMs to fire coaches. We have already seen St. Louis, Columbus (?), Carolina, Washington, Anaheim, just in the first quarter of the season, let their coaches go. I could see it happening in San Jose soon too if things don't turn around. So what has TMac done better than Ron Wilson in his rein? One extra WCF appearance? Whoop dee doo. At least the last two years, they didn't get upset by inferior teams in the playoffs. Maybe that is a plus. But in reality, it is the key players, they aren't good enough or more like motivated enough to take that extra step. Anyways, I think the downward slide has begun for this team and a house cleaning may be appropriate soon.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coach firing is the thing to do these days but I don't think McLellan has anything to worry about... yet.

Ask me again if they lose 4 out of the next 5 (which they very well might) but as of now, he's fine.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the countdown to TMac's firing has officially begun? Seems like in NHL there are hair triggers among the GMs to fire coaches. We have already seen St. Louis, Columbus (?), Carolina, Washington, Anaheim, just in the first quarter of the season, let their coaches go. I could see it happening in San Jose soon too if things don't turn around. So what has TMac done better than Ron Wilson in his rein? One extra WCF appearance? Whoop dee doo. At least the last two years, they didn't get upset by inferior teams in the playoffs. Maybe that is a plus. But in reality, it is the key players, they aren't good enough or more like motivated enough to take that extra step. Anyways, I think the downward slide has begun for this team and a house cleaning may be appropriate soon.

Give it until the end of this month. Lack of motivation and focus has been a big problem under DW's reign. The damn GM should be under the microscope, but ownership is probably too content with the attendance figures to consider a front office shake up. This team needs to miss the playoffs or be eliminated quickly in the first round for any real change to take place.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord. They're 5-5 in their last 10 games. EVERYBODY PANIC!

Not panicking, but 30 out of 30 in pk over more than a 1/4 of a season is more than 10 games. Some of things don't magically turn around all of sudden after this point in the season. Sample size is pretty good now where trends have been set. Is the pk going to become top tier in the next week? Not likely. Boyle going to be the player he was 2 years ago? Not likely. Not panicking, just looking at trends after more than a quarter of a season. Definitely should be concerned.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thorntons response to the sunday skate says about all you need to know about the players

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not panicking, but 30 out of 30 in pk over more than a 1/4 of a season is more than 10 games. Some of things don't magically turn around all of sudden after this point in the season. Sample size is pretty good now where trends have been set. Is the pk going to become top tier in the next week? Not likely. Boyle going to be the player he was 2 years ago? Not likely. Not panicking, just looking at trends after more than a quarter of a season. Definitely should be concerned.

I don't know how I coulda misconstrued suggesting they fire the coach, proceed with significant house cleaning due to a downward slide and top players lacking what it takes with panicking when clearly you were just commenting on the PK and Boyle's sub-par play thus far.

My bad.

:puke:

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it until the end of this month. Lack of motivation and focus has been a big problem under DW's reign. The damn GM should be under the microscope, but ownership is probably too content with the attendance figures to consider a front office shake up. This team needs to miss the playoffs or be eliminated quickly in the first round for any real change to take place.

Consistent contention and back to back WCFs breeds that sort of contentment. Crazy, I know.

If only DW had the balls to make a big offseason move or two. Too bad.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how I coulda misconstrued suggesting they fire the coach, proceed with significant house cleaning due to a downward slide and top players lacking what it takes with panicking when clearly you were just commenting on the PK and Boyle's sub-par play thus far.

My bad.

:puke:

Firing the coach was in reference to other teams and the hair triggers of the gms in this league. That is what I said. I didn't suggest it, just wondered if the countdown has started. The countdown is in reference to how this league seems to treat coaches. It is a strange league where the coach seems to get all the blame. 5 gms have clearly already "panicked" and we are not 1/3 through the season yet. If Dougie is like some of the other gms, well then TMac is on the hot seat. Just an observation.

Also, I never said to proceed with a house cleaning, but used the word "may be be appropriate soon". When is soon? If they finish 10th in the West? Who knows.

P.S. I saw Marleau on a milk carton today. He has been missing for a few weeks. Last sighting was in Colorado a few weeks ago.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Firing the coach was in reference to other teams and the hair triggers of the gms in this league. That is what I said. I didn't suggest it, just wondered if the countdown has started. The countdown is in reference to how this league seems to treat coaches. It is a strange league where the coach seems to get all the blame. 5 gms have clearly already "panicked" and we are not 1/3 through the season yet. If Dougie is like some of the other gms, well then TMac is on the hot seat. Just an observation.

Also, I never said to proceed with a house cleaning, but used the word "may be be appropriate soon". When is soon? If they finish 10th in the West? Who knows.

P.S. I saw Marleau on a milk carton today. He has been missing for a few weeks. Last sighting was in Colorado a few weeks ago.

Wilson would probably look to replace Shaw and Woodcroft before firing McLellan.