• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT 10/18 Giants @ Cards NLCS Game 4

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fouling pitches off really annoys me. The Cardinals seem to foul tons of pitches off, and the Giants seem to only foul mistake pitches off.

The Giants seem to foul off a lot of strikes, the Cards foul off borderline pitches.

Wainwright was on his game tonight, but still, the guy throws a ton of curveballs. And yet with their poor pitch recognition, the Giants' hitters seemed surprised to see, well, curveballs. Aside from crediting good pitching (a grudging acknowledgement), this is either a lack of talent, poor coaching, or poor preparation. Or maybe the lads have run out of steam.

Giants in the series are hitting .250 with RISP (8-32) and have left 30 on base

The Cards are hitting .310 with RISP (9-29) and have only left 23 on base.

The Giants had chances to score and win games 1 and 3, and just could not hit in the clutch. Same song, same verse.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to Win 3 games in a row AGAIN!

:burt: let's do it again! :burt:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not believe it is BamBam's fault. It is Bochy's strategy. This has been the attack of this team from before BamBams time. Remember when Carney left? He said this was the most frustrating team he had ever been involved with. They were hackers back then, and that was a completely different batch of hitters. I think ManBur andi Panda are the only hitters still around from Carneys time.

In Bochey we trust. In Bochy we head-scratch.

Last edited by a moderator:

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Horrible, horrible game.

We're not all dead just yet, though.

I am not sure I want Pence back, given this performance in the post-season. Enough of the high priced non-hitters. So long Huffer, we'll always have 2010. Lincecum better do some serious work in the off season.

As to pitching, the starters have done much worse than expected, and put much more strain on the bullpen, and with Bweezy out, that has made it much worse. I think the pitching will be fine.

At some point, though, Lord Muelens must go, and we need to get a legit hitting coach. The Card hitters all seem to have discipline, taking pitches, fouling them off, and then pouncing on mistakes. The Giants remain one of the more undisciplined hitting teams I have seen. And the hitting with RISP is beyond atrocious. We spent the first half of the season hitting around .210 with RISP. No power. No small ball. No strategy.

This just brings back 1987 all over again, with the smug Cards just doing whatever they want. Disappointed and pizzed at the same time.

:rant:

At least the 49ers won.

:thumb:

What a waste Pence has been. I want Tommy Joseph back, and Zach Wheeler too!

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Giants seem to foul off a lot of strikes, the Cards foul off borderline pitches.

Wainwright was on his game tonight, but still, the guy throws a ton of curveballs. And yet with their poor pitch recognition, the Giants' hitters seemed surprised to see, well, curveballs. Aside from crediting good pitching (a grudging acknowledgement), this is either a lack of talent, poor coaching, or poor preparation. Or maybe the lads have run out of steam.

Giants in the series are hitting .250 with RISP (8-32) and have left 30 on base

The Cards are hitting .310 with RISP (9-29) and have only left 23 on base.

The Giants had chances to score and win games 1 and 3, and just could not hit in the clutch. Same song, same verse.

First pitch set the tone. A ball, a ball off the plate and it's called a strike. So long as Wainwright was going to get a big zone we didn't have much of a chance. Timmy had to come up big, and he didn't. Any pitcher who can hit his spots will dominate 98% of hitters.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the previous rants. Common sense is often drowned out by frustration.

A good night's sleep, and it's a new day. Read an article this morning about the Spankees' total meltdown against the Tiggers, and now I don't feel so bad about the Giants' performance.

Still hoping to get off the canvas and win three in a row against a very tough Cardinal team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not believe it is BamBam's fault. It is Bochy's strategy. This has been the attack of this team from before BamBams time. Remember when Carney left? He said this was the most frustrating team he had ever been involved with. They were hackers back then, and that was a completely different batch of hitters. I think ManBur andi Panda are the only hitters still around from Carneys time.

In Bochey we trust. In Bochy we head-scratch.

Forgot about Carney the scapegoat.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the previous rants. Common sense is often drowned out by frustration.

A good night's sleep, and it's a new day. Read an article this morning about the Spankees' total meltdown against the Tiggers, and now I don't feel so bad about the Giants' performance.

Still hoping to get off the canvas and win three in a row against a very tough Cardinal team.

Yeah, that's pretty much why I stopped posting last night. I had nothing positive to say. :(

It's funny, I was trying to convince myself that I was "just happy the Giants got here".....but I'm really not. Maybe that would have been different if the Giants were up against the Nationals (a team I don't hate), but the Cardinals I just loathe. I want this series bad.

I hate Motte, Holiday, and Molina.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I just comvinced myself that we were better than we actually are. I kept thinking back to the 2010 run and thinking it would happen again. I did expect us to dominate with our pitching. That's not quite happening.
Pence has been a loss for us during the post season. Buster had one huge swing and everything else was close to Pence's level. Never thought our season would come down to Zito carrying the burden. Almost defines this post season for us .

Interesting the way we all feel about Pence ..... what would we feel like if two years ago we traded the farm and picked up 25M a year in salary for a two-time CY winner that we were able to acquire at the time. Just how happy would be be with that move today. I'd like to say that next year he'll turn it around. I've been saying/praying for that for two years now and it just hasn't quite happened. Prior to yesterday I would have been thrilled to have Timmy take the mound in any 'must win' sitation for us. Now it leaves me hoping for a QS.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to Win 3 games in a row AGAIN!

:burt: let's do it again! :burt:

If we can just win today's game, I will feel 100% better. We really shot ourselves in the foot in Game 3. Cain looked great, Lohse struggled, but we never cashed in. Now, it's down to Zito. Hopefully, he bring his A game and our hitters rock Lynn.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can just win today's game, I will feel 100% better. We really shot ourselves in the foot in Game 3. Cain looked great, Lohse struggled, but we never cashed in. Now, it's down to Zito. Hopefully, he bring his A game and our hitters rock Lynn.

Yep, just get this series back to AT&T and we'll be in good shape

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, just get this series back to AT&T and we'll be in good shape

That would be awesome. I'm hopin' for a big Bay Area sports weekend. Even if they lost, it would be nice to give the fans one more chance to give a round of applause before the players and coaches head for the offseason.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have three 1-game play-off series' we need to win to get to the Series.

Let's eliminate St Loius tonight. The team we face in the next round is built almost identical to St. Louis (only the SP is different).

Let's attack this thing one series at a time.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have three 1-game play-off series' we need to win to get to the Series.

Let's eliminate St Loius tonight. The team we face in the next round is built almost identical to St. Louis (only the SP is different).

Let's attack this thing one series at a time.

Jesus dude, why don't you just spoon feed it to us.....

:heh: