• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT (10) - 10/31 Sharks at Rangers- 4:00PM

Hovertical

mmmmm fish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"but 5-1 trip is good enough."

only on this board would you hear that.

lulz

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey Cmon...my streak has finally ended. If you can be so kind as to take back the GDT duties, please be my guest.

You're 5-1 and I'm 1-3. I think I'm definately the back up.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"but 5-1 trip is good enough."

only on this board would you hear that.

lulz

Really? Are you so fucking cool that having a realistic expectation for a teams performance is beneath you?

Fans that act like they are owed a great team drive me nuts.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're 5-1 and I'm 1-3. I think I'm definately the back up.

Fair enough...I'll continue until there's a losing streak?

Destroydacre is actually 1-0 as he did the @BOS game.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before this game I thought everyone was overreacting about Burns defensive play, now I'm pretty much on the same page with everybody, he played HORRID last night. No poise in his own zone and jumping up in the play at the worst possible moments, he was all over the place, out of control.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Are you so fucking cool that having a realistic expectation for a teams performance is beneath you?

Fans that act like they are owed a great team drive me nuts.

Totally confused by your post Slim, lol. I think one of two things happened.....either you misunderstood Hov.....or I really misunderstood you, lol.

Also, looks like Jumbo caused quite the stir with the "soft" comment in regards to the New York Rangers. Not sure I like Joe taking shots like that, but what's done is done.

(didn't bother posting the link because it's all over the Merc)

Last edited by a moderator:

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally confused by your post Slim, lol. I think one of two things happened.....either you misunderstood Hov.....or I really misunderstood you, lol.

Also, looks like Jumbo caused quite the stir with the "soft" comment in regards to the New York Rangers. Not sure I like Joe taking shots like that, but what's done is done.

(didn't bother posting the link because it's all over the Merc)

I might have. I thought he was knocking guys who thought that a 5-1 record on the road trip was a good outcome for this team. I didn't think that he was one of the chicken little posters but I mix people up a lot.

I have noticed lately (not just on this board) that there are a lot of Sharks fans who act like if the team doesn't crush everyone and win the cup then it is obviously a poorly run franchise and not worth their time and effort to support the team. That entitled attitude gets to me.

If someone is too cool to root for a team then don't do it and maybe find another hobby...

My appologies if I missunderstood you Hovertical. :yo:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Torts is an idiot (as is the NY media). Talk about overreacting to a harmless comment...

Joe, the captain of the team, is unhappy with the outcome of a game and thinks they should have done better and calls NYR the weakest team of the 6 they played on the trip (they MAY be, 17% chance of him being right but more like 20%+ since DET isn't)... and this jackass coach gets all his panties in a bunch... Fuck him. :L

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing I like about this is tortilla blasting the sharks saying we've done nothing which for f**k sake I hope can fuel this team to play like they finally want to win the damn thing.

And lastly, I hate the New York Rangers now, they are my least favorite team. I got too must dosage of Rangers fans yapping on the espn board. We are better than them these years so I'm not trippin. They aren't going anywhere fast.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like Jumbo's comment either. The Sharks played like crap and deserved to lose last night. Jumbo sounded like a sore loser. Also convenient that the Sharks and Rangers don't play again this season. You don't call a team soft after they just whooped your ass.

Hovertical

mmmmm fish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might have. I thought he was knocking guys who thought that a 5-1 record on the road trip was a good outcome for this team. I didn't think that he was one of the chicken little posters but I mix people up a lot.

I have noticed lately (not just on this board) that there are a lot of Sharks fans who act like if the team doesn't crush everyone and win the cup then it is obviously a poorly run franchise and not worth their time and effort to support the team. That entitled attitude gets to me.

If someone is too cool to root for a team then don't do it and maybe find another hobby...

My appologies if I missunderstood you Hovertical. :yo:

It's all good. I was just honored I finally got a response from a poster other than Filo =)

My comment was indeed misunderstood. When you said "good enough" instead of "great" I was just pointing out that we all love to grouse constantly on this board (probably moreso than any other team that I follow). A 5-1 road trip is outstanding no matter how you slice it...which is why I found it funny that it was just "good enough".

Be well!

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame Torts for reacting the way he did and I don't think what he said was off base. You have to look at it from his perspective, a perennial playoff choker who is considered one of the softest (at least mentally) players in the game is calling his team "soft"? Torts has a ring, where is Joe's? I like that Joe isn't happy with losing and he feels like the Sharks should have won but he never takes responsibility when the Sharks are "soft" and that bugs me. It bugs me that he would call a team that outclassed and outhustled the team that he captains "soft". Where's the accountability in that?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame Torts for reacting the way he did and I don't think what he said was off base. You have to look at it from his perspective, a perennial playoff choker who is considered one of the softest (at least mentally) players in the game is calling his team "soft"? Torts has a ring, where is Joe's? I like that Joe isn't happy with losing and he feels like the Sharks should have won but he never takes responsibility when the Sharks are "soft" and that bugs me. It bugs me that he would call a team that outclassed and outhustled the team that he captains "soft". Where's the accountability in that?

I agree, it was a dumb thing to say. Joe should have kept his mouth shut. He gets very frustrated after games they lose. You can just see him writhing around in post game interviews after a loss. He just looks like he wants to hit the eject button a lot of the time. I do think he said it out of frustration though and didn't mean any harm by it (to the NYR's). Also, he did issue a mea culpa for it at least. Part of Joe's ongoing evolution of being a leader is to be to call his own team out and saying they played soft (ala Ryane Clowe) rather than indirectly saying that they lost to a "soft" team. He's getting better though with the whole leadership thing.....last years playoffs was the first time he's ever impressed me in any of his postseason appearances. He stepped his game up.....so you can tell he's getting there.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My boy Captain Marleau would have never called a team "soft" in a post-game interview... just sayin'... :p