• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Garza resigned for $1.5M returns for 2015

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roberto Garza got a Christmas gift in the form of another one-year deal for vet min.
$1.5M
I didn't think he would be back- but eh... Does this mean Emery is staying? Why would an outgoing GM make a deal before a replacement could get a chance?
Thoughts?

C

cubzzzfanincali

Seriously? re-signed Garza? It better have no bonus money whatsoever so he can be cut.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my god… what a failure this organization is.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, not a promising move but I just hope a new set of eyes in this organization will change things around.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at it from a #'s thing it kinda makes sense. Not talking money, but players.

If they did nothing they would not have anyone remotely worth considering a starter on the roster as the season ended. DLP is injured and only on the 1 year deal. Garza was a free agent to be, and then you got the scrubs.

At least now they can say they have a veteran center for the next head coach(not saying a GOOD one, but it's not a total uncertainty now)

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk, I'm also learning that they still had some money on the current cap, and by signing him now they can use that instead of all the money on next years cap. It's actually a wise move, and agreed that we had nothing for next year. Just hope he's not counted on, and then hurt all year at 36-37 years old.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirk, I'm also learning that they still had some money on the current cap, and by signing him now they can use that instead of all the money on next years cap. It's actually a wise move, and agreed that we had nothing for next year. Just hope he's not counted on, and then hurt all year at 36-37 years old.

What were the terms of the deal? Is this signing bonus for a guy that could get cut?

Seems the he wise move would be signing or extending someone with a future here, like Jeffrey or Jones, by putting their signing bonus on this years cap. Thats what emery was not able to do with cutler, jennings, slausen, last off season because there was no room. Seems like a waste for a one year deal.

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were the terms of the deal? Is this signing bonus for a guy that could get cut?

Seems the he wise move would be signing or extending someone with a future here, like Jeffrey or Jones, by putting their signing bonus on this years cap. Thats what emery was not able to do with cutler, jennings, slausen, last off season because there was no room. Seems like a waste for a one year deal.

From the sound of it, it's minimal at best.

“It was just a phone call from my agent. They talked. My position and my age, there’s not much negotiating. So, pretty straightforward,” Garza said.

Cliff Stein is great at structuring and managing the cap, but I don't think that this is a situation where they looked and went "lets resign garza instead of Jeffery!".