• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gary Bettman wants the Devils Dead....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more convinced of it now than ever, neven after he basically handed the Kings a 3-0 lead in game 6 after we were on our way back. First bit of my reasoning: Take a look at this excerpt from a lockout-related article from ESPN (Yes, I know but this made me think)

Across the harbor Newark, N.J., remains our constant apocalypse.

The Devils and the Prudential Center and the bars and restaurants on Edison Place can't afford to miss a night of revenue. Not one. The Devils dodged bankruptcy this summer by the thickness of the ink on some hastily redrawn broadcast contracts. This city can't afford to lose them. Newark survives on hope of better days, but the Nets are gone to Brooklyn and the Devils and some concert dates are the attractions left behind. Every job at the arena, every bar and business, from Mulberry to Broad to McCarter and from Market down to Hill Street, hangs by a thread. Ask at the Brick City Bar and Grill, Loft47 or the Edison Ale House, and nobody here wants to talk about money or the lockout or what it could cost. That incredulous stare is their answer. The price is too high.

What better way to get rid of us then to set us up to go under?

Second thing: Remember back during the first (second) one in 05 when Stevens was hanging on at 40? We lose him because he was too old to play after it ended. Low and behold, here we are 7 years later and now it's Marty hanging on by a thread and we probably won't see a puck drop this year so this'll be the end of his career which will make the fact we didnt win last year sting even more because he at least could've went out on top.

Third thing: You watch when there finally is a deal (as I've stated before I dont forsee it being soon enough to save a season at all) That SOB will make us give up a draft pick the year it's at the rock. This man is going to kill hockey folks and we'll be the first to suffer trust me.