• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Garrett's, Linehan's, Marinelli's Contracts

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, you act like Romo was the same great QB his entire career that he was the last 3-4. You ride Dak for making a bad read(understand that Romo was still holding a clipboard at the end of his second year). Romo put up great numbers, made some great plays, but he also made some of the stupidest decisions and choke throws that you'll see in a lot of big moments. And he would still be a Hall of Famer if he'd won a Super Bowl. Revisionist history
I'd take Romo over Dak any day.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if this is calling out Dak to Pday and his gang - so be it. I couldn't care less. For some reason you can say Dak played bad or made some bad throws but it is perceived different when I say it because I was a big Romo supporter. In truth, you don't have to hear it from me, just open your eyes and watch. You have always been one for the eye test. I have probably criticized Dak less than anyone here until this week. I have heard it all year. I tried not believe it and think it was or WRs getting no separation. Then the tape goes on and you see people open. I'm not saying Dak is done. I'm saying something happened in Atl and he hasn't been right since.
Dak absolutely needs to be better than he was for a good part of this year. Even took some dumb sacks when we were in the red zone and all he had to do was air mail the ball. I know he got the snot beat out of him and the protection was very poor a lot of times, but on a few of those he had enough time to throw it away. But...that does not change the fact that our WRs do not get separation and that includes Witten and the TEs too. You can't just watch a pattern and say a guy is open because he has a step at some point during the clip. What read was he? Was he open before or after a decision needed to be made? Was he open at the point in the pattern that he was "supposed" to be or after the pattern was developed? Was there time to get the ball to him when he was open?

I do wonder what Dak's rating is when he threw to Dez versus when he threw to everyone else. To me it is not a coincidence that a lot of bad happened when we threw to Dez even though he is our most talented receiver. I am not saying it was all Dez's fault either, if Dak's numbers indeed are a lot worse throwing to him (because it is probably a huge part Dez, but part Dak and also part Linehan/Garett/Wilson or whomever is behind forcing it to him or supposed to be telling him not to in situations when he shouldn't be) , but I just find it a very interesting stat I'd like to know. And the whole throwing Dez open discussion is bull shit. He was absolutely horrible when the ball was in the air this year and every DB closed on him on almost every throw. He came down with almost no 50/50 balls and yet Butler seemed capable of coming down with a bunch of them. He only seemed open within the first couple seconds of his patterns and that very well could be an issue with the offense itself. If I were Garrett/Linehan I'd motion Dez a lot and run mostly slants, crossing patterns and "come back" routes so he could use his size and strength because as soon as he starts vertically he gets zero spacing. Even jump balls are not options because he just does not come down with them. Yet we keep running the same patterns even though they aren't working. To me that last part can't be blamed on Dez

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks nicer in a suit calling games, that's for sure...
Tony was great as a QB and just as great in the announcers booth... :thumb:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony was great as a QB and just as great in the announcers booth.
Yup. He WAS a great QB indeed and he IS great in the announcers booth too. He is one of the better announcers I have ever seen. I think he got a little carried away with the hype of him calling out plays and it hurt him a little because he catered to it too much...but he is very smart, very perceptive and very entertaining as well.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak absolutely needs to be better than he was for a good part of this year. Even took some dumb sacks when we were in the red zone and all he had to do was air mail the ball. I know he got the snot beat out of him and the protection was very poor a lot of times, but on a few of those he had enough time to throw it away. But...that does not change the fact that our WRs do not get separation and that includes Witten and the TEs too. You can't just watch a pattern and say a guy is open because he has a step at some point during the clip. What read was he? Was he open before or after a decision needed to be made? Was he open at the point in the pattern that he was "supposed" to be or after the pattern was developed? Was there time to get the ball to him when he was open?

I do wonder what Dak's rating is when he threw to Dez versus when he threw to everyone else. To me it is not a coincidence that a lot of bad happened when we threw to Dez even though he is our most talented receiver. I am not saying it was all Dez's fault either, if Dak's numbers indeed are a lot worse throwing to him (because it is probably a huge part Dez, but part Dak and also part Linehan/Garett/Wilson or whomever is behind forcing it to him or supposed to be telling him not to in situations when he shouldn't be) , but I just find it a very interesting stat I'd like to know. And the whole throwing Dez open discussion is bull shit. He was absolutely horrible when the ball was in the air this year and every DB closed on him on almost every throw. He came down with almost no 50/50 balls and yet Butler seemed capable of coming down with a bunch of them. He only seemed open within the first couple seconds of his patterns and that very well could be an issue with the offense itself. If I were Garrett/Linehan I'd motion Dez a lot and run mostly slants, crossing patterns and "come back" routes so he could use his size and strength because as soon as he starts vertically he gets zero spacing. Even jump balls are not options because he just does not come down with them. Yet we keep running the same patterns even though they aren't working. To me that last part can't be blamed on Dez
Good well thought out post. I think that Dez caused some of Dak's problems being a diva and Dak forcing passes to him to make him happy. However , Dak also had connection issues with others, but none more then with Dez. With Dez gone, would that allow Dak to focus on speading the ball around?? I wonder how often Dez is double teamed now freeing up other recievers, but Dak not looking their way. Something has to change. I hope that Dak and all of the recievers work together in the offseason to improve. if not, we are in for a long season.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What looked like a huge weakness (defense) became a strength as the season concluded. We got some talent with awuzie, Lewis and woods. Brown coming off the bench better suits us. Jaylon smith coming on and looked fast as hell in the last game. Priority getting Irving and Lawrence signed. Did Gregory quit weed?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why bring all these coaches back? I put lots of blame on them. No adjustments in the Falcon game may have ruined Daks confidence. Terrible play calling vs seattle. Terrible coaching lost the packer and ram games.