• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Garrett press conference today

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gave Linehan a big vote of confidence. Could tell he was extremely disappointed. Blamed a lot on the penalties and sacks as he should have. He was more critical of Dak than I have ever heard him. He thought the defense played really well with exception of Cam running. But they will keep banging away.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could have written Garrett's press conference for him. I've heard it all before.

The problem is with the mindset of the coaching staff in general, meaning predominantly Garrett.

There's room to be critical of Dak. From the stats, he had, at best, a mediocre game. Mediocre doesn't cut it.

What I'm seeing on the stats is that Dak threw the ball almost 30 times while Zeke ran the ball only 15 times. This team is not built to be a predominantly passing team. They are built to be predominantly a running team. Yes, Carolina was playing the run, and, from what I heard, they were doing a good job of stopping it, but you have to stick with the run for it to work. They gave up on the run, and that is why the passing attack was sub par.

I've seen this scheme too many times over the last 8+ years. Garrett is sure of himself until midway through the first quarter. A little adversity and he goes into panic mode - abandon the run, no half-time adjustments, and predictable game plan.

I expect everyone to call me out for this midway through the season if we get on a hot streak. I will eat my crow if that happens. What I heard on Sunday though, and what I'm seeing in the stats tells me we are right where we can expect to be with a Garrett coached team, which is mediocre.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could have written Garrett's press conference for him. I've heard it all before.

The problem is with the mindset of the coaching staff in general, meaning predominantly Garrett.

There's room to be critical of Dak. From the stats, he had, at best, a mediocre game. Mediocre doesn't cut it.

What I'm seeing on the stats is that Dak threw the ball almost 30 times while Zeke ran the ball only 15 times. This team is not built to be a predominantly passing team. They are built to be predominantly a running team. Yes, Carolina was playing the run, and, from what I heard, they were doing a good job of stopping it, but you have to stick with the run for it to work. They gave up on the run, and that is why the passing attack was sub par.

I've seen this scheme too many times over the last 8+ years. Garrett is sure of himself until midway through the first quarter. A little adversity and he goes into panic mode - abandon the run, no half-time adjustments, and predictable game plan.

I expect everyone to call me out for this midway through the season if we get on a hot streak. I will eat my crow if that happens. What I heard on Sunday though, and what I'm seeing in the stats tells me we are right where we can expect to be with a Garrett coached team, which is mediocre.
I don't think you would get called out for this. I think it is a fair analysis of game 1. I've never been high on Carolina and I think if we played even average we win the game, but they aren't a pushover and they have a good defense and this was a road game. I expect improvement and I still see this team as exactly what I saw them before the year, a borderline playoff team. Let's see how we do next week. The Giants defense is nowhere near as good as Carolina, but we have struggled to run on them. If I'm the Giants I put Snacks right on Williams and try to just overpower him all day.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, 100%.

Not enough commitment to the run, and the team was only down 10 or less for most of the game, so it's not like they were forced to abandon it. Elliott finished with a very respectable 4.6 ypc on 15 carries against a solid D. Should have done more to get him involved earlier in the game.

The Cowboys throw the ball on first down way too often for a team that is supposed to be predicated on the run. Dallas dropped back to pass 17 times on first down. On these 17 drop backs Prescott was 6-11 for 67 yards -- 2 were negated due to penalty, 3 resulted in sacks, and 2 resulted in Prescott scrambling. Not good for a team that is supposed to line up and play smash mouth football. Dallas ran the ball 10 times on first down, with one nullified by penalty -- 8 official carries with Zeke for 36 yards, and once with Austin for 1 yard. 17 pass attempts to 10 rush attempts, THIS RATIO SHOULD BE FLIPPED. This issue has long been a problem under Garrett, he is far too willing to go away from the run.

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, 100%.

Not enough commitment to the run, and the team was only down 10 or less for most of the game, so it's not like they were forced to abandon it. Elliott finished with a very respectable 4.6 ypc on 15 carries against a solid D. Should have done more to get him involved earlier in the game.

The Cowboys throw the ball on first down way too often for a team that is supposed to be predicated on the run. Dallas dropped back to pass 17 times on first down. On these 17 drop backs Prescott was 6-11 for 67 yards -- 2 were negated due to penalty, 3 resulted in sacks, and 2 resulted in Prescott scrambling. Not good for a team that is supposed to line up and play smash mouth football. Dallas ran the ball 10 times on first down, with one nullified by penalty -- 8 official carries with Zeke for 36 yards, and once with Austin for 1 yard. 17 pass attempts to 10 rush attempts, THIS RATIO SHOULD BE FLIPPED. This issue has long been a problem under Garrett, he is far too willing to go away from the run.
Pretty damning for Dak really. The 1st down throws were against 8 man fronts and single coverage all around. Should have had a field day

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty damning for Dak really. The 1st down throws were against 8 man fronts and single coverage all around. Should have had a field day

Agreed.

The coaching staff needs to do more to put Dak into favorable positions, and that means running more on 1st down -- even if the defense knows it is coming. Then they can open up the playbook on 2nd & 5 or 6 with play action, RPO, designed QB runs, or even take shots down the field. The best players on the field on offense are Zeke Elliott and Zack Martin -- USE THEM AS INTENDED. At this point in his career Dak is not the type of QB you can lean on to win you games, but if he is managed properly and the offense is run through Zeke, this team can win a lot games with Dak -- if that makes sense.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So looking at our drives:
First half
1st drive - killed by illegal block T Smith
2nd Drive - Killed by hold T Smith
3rd Drive - Killed by sack
4th drive - sack
5th drive - Incomplete pass
6th drive - halftime

2nd Half
1st drive - Incomplete pass
2nd drive - missed FG
3rd drive - TD
4th drive - sack; turnover on downs
5th drive - sack, fumble

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they better win the so called home game this week. I am old school but i still hate those damn blue jerseys. They have been bad luck more often then not LOL

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So looking at our drives:
First half
1st drive - killed by illegal block T Smith
2nd Drive - Killed by hold T Smith
3rd Drive - Killed by sack
4th drive - sack
5th drive - Incomplete pass
6th drive - halftime

2nd Half
1st drive - Incomplete pass
2nd drive - missed FG
3rd drive - TD
4th drive - sack; turnover on downs
5th drive - sack, fumble

Good information. That is a comedy of errors.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the good side, Looney gave up zero pressures and played well. Connor Williams got pretty much blown up though. Another 10-15 pounds would help him, he's the smallest starting guard in the league

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the good side, Looney gave up zero pressures and played well. Connor Williams got pretty much blown up though. Another 10-15 pounds would help him, he's the smallest starting guard in the league

He did look small out there.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad he isn't stepping down.