• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Garcon quote

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read between the lines what does the Garcon quote mean to you? It means don't bash my QB b/c he is not even close to being 100%. So my question is why is he out there if he is not 100%? Why did RG3 declare himself 100% to start the season? RG3 put his ego ahead of his team. Its selfishness. Don't get me wrong guys I like him as a player but this whole situation was mishandled going back to the Seahawk playoff game.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and your point is???

If you remember, Shanahan didn't play RG3 at all even when he said he was ready. He waited for the Doctor to say he was 100%.

Dean, there is something that you just don't get. I don't know if you have ever had a serious injury or not, but I have. There is a difference between being physically 100% (which RG3's knee may be) and being mentally 100% comfortable playing on it. This is where I see RG3 hesitant. I will tell you from experience, this only gets better by playing on it. You can't do it in the weight room or on a treadmill or even in practice where no one is hitting you. You can only trust it by taking hits. By having to step into a pass with big guys falling at full speed at your legs. By scrambling around and breaking off a big run (like he did on his fumble play). You do that a couple of times, you begin to feel more comfortable. The fallacy of your argument is that after the bye, if RG3 hasn't played, then he would still need to go through this mental adjustment in game speed. So instead of this adjustment happening in games 1-4, it would occur in games 5-8, right when we play dallas, Denver and SF. Now that makes sense.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is he is not physically or mentally 100% and he shouldn't be out there. That is what Garcon is saying. If your throwing mechanics are off its b/c its a physical defect not mental. He would of been better physically and mentally in week 5 b/c he would trust his legs more and the team would have been 2-1 instead of 0-3 which is a huge difference. I just dont know how anyone could defend rg3 right now at this point. Its just plain selfishness and coaching mistakes.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is he is not physically or mentally 100% and he shouldn't be out there. That is what Garcon is saying. If your throwing mechanics are off its b/c its a physical defect not mental. He would of been better physically and mentally in week 5 b/c he would trust his legs more and the team would have been 2-1 instead of 0-3 which is a huge difference. I just dont know how anyone could defend rg3 right now at this point. Its just plain selfishness and coaching mistakes.

Well, your wrong. I speak from experience. His knee is 100% healthy per Anderson. His legs are as strong as they have ever been. His issues are all mental and a comfort level that will only be solved by playing. You just don't get this.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you have to beat this drum in every thread?

(1) We go slaughtered in the 1st half of the first two games. Whoever the QB was would not have made any difference in the end result.
(2) When guys are coming back from injury, you have to play to get back to 100% a lot of times. It's not like if RG3 rested until Week 7 he would then be fine and 100% and playing like last year.
(3) RG3 with a brace not at 100% is better than 100% of anyone we have on the bench not wearing a brace right now.

We weren't going to win the Super Bowl this year or anything. Need a little patience right now.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats bullshit. I cant believe you believe that crap. No way he is 100% healthy physically. It shows in the games. You are believing the hype j_y19

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think Andrews, a world renown surgeon, would risk his reputation to appease RG3 or the Redskins? Seriously? You, my friend, are being very naive if you think that.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You still don't get it. j/y mentioned the mental adjustment which was also brought up by other people including Rodney Harrison (who had a similar injury). Even AP had a somewhat slow start at the beginning of last season. Whenever RG3 comes back he would have needed the 2-4 games (at a minimum) to get back to his former self. It is not as if resting for another month will magically remove that requirement.

So - using your logic - should they simply bench him for the entire year? His legs and overall mental approach would not have been better due to time or the Skins having a better record - that is nonsense. Beyond that - what guarantee is there that the Skins would have won any of those games if Cousins played?

They certainly would not have won the Packers game - Green Bay could have scored 70 if they didn't take their foot off the break. The Eagles? - they also let up somewhat & it certainly was no certainty that the Skins would have won that game with a better offense. Yesterday? Who knows? That is all pure conjecture.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way it takes 4 games to get back mentally. That's crap. I never said keep him out for the year. I said bring him back in the Dallas game.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is also a little known fact that Dean has overlooked. Kirk was also injured the last 2 weeks of preseason. He didn't practice due to a foot injury. So you think we would have been as effective not having taken any practice reps for 2 weeks? Or should we have gone with Rex? Or maybe Pat white? Anyone but RG3?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing related to this thread. Why is it always assumed that Cousins will play a perfect game if he starts? Sure - he did a great job on that one drive against the Ravens & the following week against the Browns. However - you cannot assume that this will always be the case.

Did you forget the two INTs he threw against the Falcons? Did you forget that he was somewhat hobbled during the preseason? Is his presence going to magically fix the pass protection problems that still often exist? Would starting him fix the special teams problems that quite often caused the offense to start inside their own 20 or even 10 at times?

The point is that you cannot simply assume that starting Cousins would make this a premium offense & negate all of the problems caused by the defense and special teams. Don't get me wrong - I really like the guy & believe that he has a promising future, but let's not get carried away.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing related to this thread. Why is it always assumed that Cousins will play a perfect game if he starts? Sure - he did a great job on that one drive against the Ravens & the following week against the Browns. However - you cannot assume that this will always be the case.

Did you forget the two INTs he threw against the Falcons? Did you forget that he was somewhat hobbled during the preseason? Is his presence going to magically fix the pass protection problems that still often exist? Would starting him fix the special teams problems that quite often caused the offense to start inside their own 20 or even 10 at times?

The point is that you cannot simply assume that starting Cousins would make this a premium offense & negate all of the problems caused by the defense and special teams. Don't get me wrong - I really like the guy & believe that he has a promising future, but let's not get carried away.

Dead on.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way it takes 4 games to get back mentally. That's crap. I never said keep him out for the year. I said bring him back in the Dallas game.

OK - I will play along. Let's say it takes 2-3 games. You are then basically giving away the Cowboys & Bears games since if he comes back then he will also struggle.

The Raiders game can be won by either QB. If you want to play "what if" with the 3 games already played then take off the homer glasses & admit that only the Lions game is up for debate. They were going to lose the Eagles & Packers games regardless. Any objective person can see that.

The bigger issue is having this guy for the next 5-10 years. Cousins will no doubt be long gone by that time. We all need to face facts. Until they correct some things - THIS IS A BAD TEAM RIGHT NOW. They are losing because collectively they are not doing what is required. It does not come down to one player. Tops - maybe - maybe - Cousins gets them one more win but in doing so perhaps costs them another one or two down the road.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and your point is???

If you remember, Shanahan didn't play RG3 at all even when he said he was ready. He waited for the Doctor to say he was 100%.

Dean, there is something that you just don't get. I don't know if you have ever had a serious injury or not, but I have. There is a difference between being physically 100% (which RG3's knee may be) and being mentally 100% comfortable playing on it. This is where I see RG3 hesitant. I will tell you from experience, this only gets better by playing on it. You can't do it in the weight room or on a treadmill or even in practice where no one is hitting you. You can only trust it by taking hits. By having to step into a pass with big guys falling at full speed at your legs. By scrambling around and breaking off a big run (like he did on his fumble play). You do that a couple of times, you begin to feel more comfortable. The fallacy of your argument is that after the bye, if RG3 hasn't played, then he would still need to go through this mental adjustment in game speed. So instead of this adjustment happening in games 1-4, it would occur in games 5-8, right when we play dallas, Denver and SF. Now that makes sense.
:agree:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are analyzing a quote from the same guy who said prior to the season that your team would have 'the best offense of all time.' I would put very little stock into anything Garcon says.

Also, did Dr. Andrews say he was '100%' or just say he was 'cleared to play?' To me, there is a difference.

Lastly, from the outside looking in, even if RGIII was 100% and able to use his mobility, I think you guys are 1-2 at best. The D has been what is letting you down. Not the knee.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:deadhorse:

and your point is???
i believe the point is ...

who do we, the "MVP" fans, trust when it comes to Griffin being 100% ?

The doctor, an employee of the franchise, who has a history of contradicting himself ?

Or Garcon, who spent several month prior to the knee injury and knows what a truly healthy Griffin looks like ?

Last edited by a moderator:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great analysis

You can make a sarcastic post, but it's your fan base that continues to only talk RGIII, be it on message boards, sports radio, the players are blaming his knee brace for weighing him down... There are teams winning with far worse QBs than a 75 or 80% RGIII

This is why you are 0-3.

jermichael-finley-breaks-three-redskins-tackles.gif

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is a win NOW league..and coaches should put the best players on the field..yada yada yada..

But has anyone considered a scenario in which a 85-90% RG3 is sat in games 1-4 and Cousins comes in and plays lights out..looking like the second coming of Joe Montana (even though we know he isn't that).

Next thing you know half of the fanbase starts clamoring for us to trade our franchise quarterback away and hope (and pray) that Cousins' flashes of brilliance wasn't just a mirage or a dream. I know this might seem like a crazy scenario..but don't think the coaches and brass haven't considered and even talked about it. The "Tebow" scenario..

Do you think these coaches want a QB controversy?? Do you think they want to risk crushing RG3s confidence at the expense of a couple games?? I mean honestly..I want to win as much as the next guy..but if they thought Cousins was a hands down better option than Griffin for the future..they wouldn't hold back playing him.

Last edited by a moderator: