• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gameplan

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first off fuck denver. what a joke. healthy pats stomp their ass and they will lose in the sb anyway.

why did we come out throwing when our running game is what got us this far? we didnt even try to run. another case of the pats coaching staff trying to outsmart the other team. incomprehendable. do the staff and brady think they can beat anyone regardless of their personell and matchup? are they this arrogant and dellusional? blount was on the sideline all game watching brady ge ineffective all game with a mediocre wr and te corp. i mean seriously what were they thinking? no gronk, no hernandez, no welker, no outside weapon, does it even matter? brady feels like he can win with anyone, we didnt have the weapons yet they still try and beat the other team passing. why didnt they just do what they did the past three games that got them here? run the ball. i dont know but whoever made the decision is an idiot.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did try to run and it didn't do shit. I thought they got away from it too early, but it is what it is.

The run this team made with the injuries they faced was still impressive. There just wasn't enough manpower left to play defense and it showed.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did try to run and it didn't do shit. I thought they got away from it too early, but it is what it is.

The run this team made with the injuries they faced was still impressive. There just wasn't enough manpower left to play defense and it showed.
oh shut up jdm. the team didnt even try to run. they spread it out and tried to win with austin freaking collie, houmanouii, and freaking slater. it was a joke. their gameplan was shit, you stick to the run all game good or bad they abandoned it after the first series. our strength was in our run game not our depleted passing game yet they tried to win passing. moronic. the defense went to shit after talib went out not surprising and patricia was soft as shit. cant wait to see seattles defense play them. pats lost before they even stepped on the field thanks to stupid coaching decisions. if you are gunna go down at least go down with your best shot at winning. pats didnt do that they deserved to lose.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh shut up jdm. the team didnt even try to run. they spread it out and tried to win with austin freaking collie, houmanouii, and freaking slater. it was a joke. their gameplan was shit, you stick to the run all game good or bad they abandoned it after the first series. our strength was in our run game not our depleted passing game yet they tried to win passing. moronic. the defense went to shit after talib went out not surprising and patricia was soft as shit. cant wait to see seattles defense play them. pats lost before they even stepped on the field thanks to stupid coaching decisions. if you are gunna go down at least go down with your best shot at winning. pats didnt do that they deserved to lose.

The team did try to run and got their asses stuffed in their necks each time they did. Denver was prepared to stop the run they took that away from us, it was pretty damn obvious to me. Now did they give up on it to early? Maybe but when playing from behind teams tend to pass more and the Denver secondary was the weakest point of the defense they tried to exploit it. But as you eluded to we have no real threat other than maybe Edelman so all they really had to do was lock him down.

Brady fucking sucked yesterday. I talked about how his skills have diminished a few weeks back and got blasted by the plethora of Patriot Blind Ass Homers. There were at least four big plays where Brady missed the mark, I know and understand our devotion to him but he is in fact in a steady decline. Couple that with sub par receiving corp and you get what we got yesterday. The inability to put points on the board and take advantage of mismatches and big plays.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady had one receiver. Edelman.
Denver only had to focus on stopping the run. When any offense is one dimensional, opposing defenses only need to stop that one dimension.
Denver focused on the run, because Edelman was operating solo in the backfield. Not like we had pass catching TE's and 3-4 WR's out there to take pressure of the run.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the game but, based on recaps and post game comments/reports, it sounds like the Broncos concentrated on eliminating the Pats' running game, and succeeded. They banked on BB/Josh doing what they've done several times before this season; when it's tough to gain yards on the ground, spread the field and put the game in Brady's hands. I also believe they should have stuck with the run a bit longer, maybe try a lot of screen passes to running backs. The Broncos approach looked eerily like that taken by the Jets when they beat the Pats in the playoffs several years ago; namely, clog the middle of the field take away the run, and dare them to pass deep. Also, as much as I am a Tom Brady supporter, I feel his game has slipped a bit this season. True, he doesn't have a deep stable of high class receivers like Peyton, but, I still remember what a good job he did years ago when his top WR was Reece Caldwell. Brady has had instances this season, especially on deep throws, when his accuracy is off just a little, which is all it takes to result in an incompletion. Peyton had a virtually perfect game in comparison. I hope the Pats get a solid #2 QB in the off season (I really don't think Mallett is the answer) and start grooming him now.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bullshit. They ran repeatedly the first few possessions and got nothing. Consistently.

They may have given up quickly but they did try to run the ball early.