• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GameDay UCLA@UA

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not here to troll, but rather want to hear the opinion from U of A fans. I saw that there is some criticism of your team performing the Haka before games and how it is pretty much butchered. Do you guys like it? I have played rugby for the better part of 20 years. The island nations perform the haka because it has been a part of their culture for centuries and carries significant meaning.

What do you guys think of it? Do you like it?

It's been happening for at least 5-6 years because Stoops was getting a lot of Polynesians. Each year they continue the tradition with the next crop of Polynesian players, even under RR. I'll say that it's pretty embarrassing to fuck up a dance for a half decade. Hahahaha, I'd think one of them would bring it up and correct it.

Personally, I don't care if they do it or not. I know the Zona Zoo goes apeshit for it, but they lose their minds for anything. I think that if there are Polynesian players and they want to do it (and can do it right), then go for it. If the whole team gets involved and it brings them together, even better.

But yeah, probably want to do it correctly--especially on a stage as big as gameday.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After their gameday performance, maybe having people talk about how they didn't do the Haka correctly is a good thing. Distracts from all the things they did poorly on the field, which I lost count of.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha, jeez. So we have now banned the haka? Wow. Alright. Fuck it, I guess.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PC police win again!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm offended by people being offended at people being offensive.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not sure how many people were really offended. Certainly they found a few, one who could write a published article. The Polynesian guys on the team obviously endorsed it. If this was just like 4 goofy white guys out there doing it, I'd get it.

Anyone on this forum offended or know anyone who was? I have two Polynesian friends and both think it's ridiculous that they aren't doing it anymore (I know, small sample size, but that's all I got). One thought they could have done it better, but it was more of a technical criticism.