• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GameDay UCLA@UA

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think we take it this year? We really have to spread out their defense, and hope we can get to 50 first.

It would be a huge win, UCLA has been tight against us the last few years.

And, Gameday will be there, so it'll be a great stage if we can win.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the helmets. The atmosphere will be electric. Cats have a huge opportunity here. With a win, they should land in the Top 10 and make another giant statement under Rich Rod. BEAR DOWN!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New helmets. Bad ass in my opinion

RR has them wearing them at practice this week. I always thought that was a good idea, so that they don't freak out when they each other on Saturday. A few years ago we debuted the copper helmets and lost. We looked scared that game, and I kept wondering if it was the helmets and being freaked out by them. I don't think they always practiced in what they were gong to wear on Sat.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys surprised that AZ is a 3 point underdog? UCLA has suffered some significant injuries on Defense. My $ would be with the "underdog" in this one. Don't get me wrong, UCLA is legit and could win, but the spread seemed a little strange to me.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys surprised that AZ is a 3 point underdog? UCLA has suffered some significant injuries on Defense. My $ would be with the "underdog" in this one. Don't get me wrong, UCLA is legit and could win, but the spread seemed a little strange to me.
We've also played three scrubs this season. Maybe the line should be closer to even but UCLA should still be favored imo. Honestly it's better for Arizona anyway.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, looking at the youth of Rosen (freshman, and first conference road test), Jack hurt, and just how shitty our offense did last year, I would definitely take the line. I think we have a great shot!!!!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew this would be tough. Our defense is shit. I hate to say it but Randall seems to fit our system better than Solomon. He just needs to learn you don't have to throw fastballs every single time. Put some touch on it.

Oh yeah. Our center sucks ass and pretty much set the tone for the game from the get go. Aka I'm gonna snap the ball like shit and ruin drives all game long.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was pathetic. You can lose to UCLA at home and still hold your head high....but not after laying an egg like that. BYU almost beat them, yet AZ can't even make it interesting? They need to beat Stanford or it's going to be a long year.

Rich Rod, one of these years, is going to have to recruit for defense. His "I'm okay giving up 40 because I plan to score 50" philosophy has worked relatively well since he's been here, but it's not the most well-rounded approach and when things don't go as planned...you get blown out.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was pathetic. You can lose to UCLA at home and still hold your head high....but not after laying an egg like that. BYU almost beat them, yet AZ can't even make it interesting? They need to beat Stanford or it's going to be a long year.

Rich Rod, one of these years, is going to have to recruit for defense. His "I'm okay giving up 40 because I plan to score 50" philosophy has worked relatively well since he's been here, but it's not the most well-rounded approach and when things don't go as planned...you get blown out.

Agreed. You just knew it was going to be high-scoring. If our defense doesn't get it going, or if our offense turns it over, it gets out of hand, fast.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not here to troll, but rather want to hear the opinion from U of A fans. I saw that there is some criticism of your team performing the Haka before games and how it is pretty much butchered. Do you guys like it? I have played rugby for the better part of 20 years. The island nations perform the haka because it has been a part of their culture for centuries and carries significant meaning.

What do you guys think of it? Do you like it?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barely think about it. It looks cool. If the team wants to do it and they have a few guys from the culture that endorse it, more power to them.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not here to troll, but rather want to hear the opinion from U of A fans. I saw that there is some criticism of your team performing the Haka before games and how it is pretty much butchered. Do you guys like it? I have played rugby for the better part of 20 years. The island nations perform the haka because it has been a part of their culture for centuries and carries significant meaning.

What do you guys think of it? Do you like it?
I really don't care. I was under the impression that the leader of the whole thing was Hawaiian so I assumed he knew what he was doing.