• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (week 3): 49ers Vs. Rams

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me about 90% of this comes down to the WR. They got open against GB and all was well, Kap was on fire got over 400 yards and we won handily. Defense has kept the other team to single digits in first half in the two losses. But when our best current WR cannot even get off the line of scrimmage, what are you going to do? :gaah:

nearly half of his passing yards came from Boldin...

Boldin - 208
Davis - 98
KW - 36
Vance - 25
Miller -24
Gore - 21
Moore - 0

From the GB gm, only Boldin n KW at the WR position. Boldin was getting open or wasn't open but made plays....plus GB sold out to stop the run thus vunerable to a passing attack.

49ersLLC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season @ St Louis the 49ers OL got their butts kicked and Roman kept running Gore into a brick wall. 49ers were beaten 16-13.

I see more of the same coming in this game Fisher is a smart coach who will once again game plan to shut down Gore double up Boldin, and VD if he plays, and force Kap to throw to Harbaugh's scrub WR's.

I don't like the 49ers chances in this game without a WR group that can scare opposing defenses the Rams have a very good D and will looking to knock off the 49ers.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season @ St Louis the 49ers OL got their butts kicked and Roman kept running Gore into a brick wall. 49ers were beaten 16-13.

I see more of the same coming in this game Fisher is a smart coach who will once again game plan to shut down Gore double up Boldin, and VD if he plays, and force Kap to throw to Harbaugh's scrub WR's.

I don't like the 49ers chances in this game without a WR group that can scare opposing defenses the Rams have a very good D and will looking to knock off the 49ers.

They still would have won if Kaepernick didn't have his head up his ass and run out of bounds.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets Go 49ers

I'm not even excited about this game. Its going to be more of the same; another bumbling offensive perfomance and a defense who can't stop anyone on third down.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Daryl Richardson - RB - Rams

Daryl Richardson (foot) has reportedly had more "spring to his step" during practice this week.

Richardson's injury is confusing because he lasted just two snaps in Week 3, but is practicing in full just a couple days later. It's impossible to know if he'll be limited against the Niners on Thursday night. We suspect Isaiah Pead will be mixed in plenty, leaving both guys as risky flex plays even though San Francisco will be without Patrick Willis (groin) and Aldon Smith (personal). Related: Isaiah Pead
Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch

Sep 25 - 11:28 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Frank Gore - RB - 49ers

Although Frank Gore is listed on the Week 4 injury report with a left knee issue, he confirmed he's ready to go.

Gore will be in the starting lineup Thursday night when the Niners -- fresh off two blowout losses -- travel to St. Louis. He says he has no issues with Jim Harbaugh despite reportedly having some "choice words" for the coach after the Week 3 loss. Gore certainly wants more carries (he had just 11 in Week 3), something we suspect he'll get against the Rams. St. Louis just got shredded by DeMarco Murray for 175 yards on 26 carries.
Source: San Jose Mercury News

Sep 25 - 8:33 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vernon Davis - TE - 49ers

Updating a previous item, Vernon Davis (hamstring) was officially limited in Tuesday's practice.

Davis has gotten in two limited practices after not participating at all in practice last week and missing Week 3. Look for him to remain limited or bumped up to full participation Wednesday. Davis should play Thursday night.

Sep 24 - 10:39 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Givens - WR - Rams

Chris Givens (knee) returned to a full practice Tuesday.

Givens sat out on Monday. The Rams were just giving their No. 1 receiver a day off after the team was clobbered by Dallas the previous day. Givens is on the WR4 radar this week against the 49ers on Thursday night.

Sep 24 - 8:04 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rodger Saffold - T - Rams

Rams RT Rodger Saffold (knee) has been ruled out for Thursday night's Week 4 game against the 49ers.

Saffold has yet to resume practicing and remains week-to-week. Joe Barksdale will continue to start in his absence.
Source: Nick Wagoner on Twitter

Sep 25 - 4:57 PM

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodger Saffold - T - Rams

Rams RT Rodger Saffold (knee) has been ruled out for Thursday night's Week 4 game against the 49ers.

Saffold has yet to resume practicing and remains week-to-week. Joe Barksdale will continue to start in his absence.
Source: Nick Wagoner on Twitter

Sep 25 - 4:57 PM

Good news for Brooks hopefully we take advantage.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not even excited about this game. Its going to be more of the same; another bumbling offensive perfomance and a defense who can't stop anyone on third down.

think you're lying but anyway, up to you.

for me, i'm very excited. here the game starts at 2:30 pm, so leaving work early. :-)

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think you're lying but anyway, up to you.

for me, i'm very excited. here the game starts at 2:30 pm, so leaving work early. :-)

I'm expecting more of the same shit we saw the last two weeks. Without any talent I don't see how things can change.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who looks like they are going to miss this game and who is going to play?

Going to the game tomorrow and would like to have an idea

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm expecting more of the same shit we saw the last two weeks. Without any talent I don't see how things can change.

obviously, it isn't a lack of talent, this team has a lot more talent than most teams. it lacks unity, chemistry, hunger, or whatever each person wants to call it? don't think they'll ever break out of it completely, maybe it lingers all this season?

anyway, first things first, get a win.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who looks like they are going to miss this game and who is going to play?

Going to the game tomorrow and would like to have an idea
Out: Asomugha, Willis, A. Smith, Crabteree, Manningham, I. Williams, James. Possibles: Davis and McDonald

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I haven't seen a single post from you to make me think you were actually a 49er fan anyway, but if you are, my boy Bo Pelini has a message for you:

"Fuck you, you fucking fair weather fuck!"

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously, it isn't a lack of talent, this team has a lot more talent than most teams. it lacks unity, chemistry, hunger, or whatever each person wants to call it? don't think they'll ever break out of it completely, maybe it lingers all this season?

anyway, first things first, get a win.

It clearly is a lack of talent. The passing game is non-existant and I blame that on a lack of talent at the wide receiver and tight end positions. The line does not pass protect well either. There is no run stopper in the middle and now no pass rush or middle linebacker. Addiitonally, the secondary is further weakened by the loss of Asomugha. Is there an area of strength anymore on this team? I can't think of one.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Frank Gore - RB - 49ers

Frank Gore (knee) is listed as probable for Thursday night's game against the Rams.

Despite banging his knee against the Colts, Gore was never in any real doubt for this game and will be in the starting lineup. We're also expecting a bump in usage as the 49ers have struggled badly to sustain offense over the last two weeks. "The past two games, aside from late in the game when you're in two-minute mode, we've had very few base downs to get into a rhythm," OC Greg Roman said. The Rams got embarrassed by DeMarco Murray to the tune for 26/175/1 in Week 3.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Sep 26 - 9:27 AM

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is we need someone else starting the Game Day thread. 2 Ls in a row.

Lets Go 49ers