• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (week 13): RAMS vs. 49ERS

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Michael Crabtree - WR - 49ers

ESPN's Adam Schefter confirms Michael Crabtree (Achilles') is expected to make his 2013 debut in Sunday's game against the Rams.

Crabtree is certainly worth an add in 12-team leagues, but expectations need to be tempered. He's coming off one of the most serious injuries an athlete can have and he'll likely be eased in as part of a rotation with Mario Manningham in two-wide sets. In Week 14, he'll face Seattle's Legion of Boom and in Week 15, he'll face Darrelle Revis (health permitting). If Crabtree can handle himself well in those matchups, he would be a WR2/3 candidate against the Falcons in Week 16 aka fantasy's Super Bowl week. It's a stash-and-see situation. Related: Mario Manningham
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Nov 26 - 10:33 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zac Stacy - RB - Rams

The Rams had no definitive update on the status of Zac Stacy (head) Monday.

All coach Jeff Fisher said was that Stacy would be monitored this week after leaving Sunday's win over the Bears with a head injury. "We have a series of things that we do today, tomorrow and Wednesday," Fisher said. He's referring to the standard concussion protocols that all players who sustain head injuries go through. It's impossible to know Stacy's status for the Week 13 game against the 49ers right now as the Rams don't even know his status. All owners can do is add Benny Cunningham, who posted a 13/109/1 line in a relief role against the Bears. Isaiah Pead didn't even get a carry and Daryl Richardson was a healthy scratch.
Source: ESPN.com

Nov 25 - 8:15 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Speaking after Monday night's Week 12 win over the Redskins, coach Jim Harbaugh said he "anticipates" Michael Crabtree (Achilles') playing next Sunday against the Rams.

Crabtree will be activated from the reserve/PUP list at some point on Tuesday. He tore his Achilles' on May 21 and has been practicing off and on the past couple weeks. This news is encouraging and all, but we can't expect Crabtree to just hop right in and be the guy he was last season. The 49ers will likely ease him in the rest of the regular season and hope for serious contributions in the playoffs. That's even a stretch. Crabtree may not be the same until 2014. He's worth a fantasy roster spot, but expectations need to be tempered.
Source: 49ers on Twitter

Nov 26 - 12:31 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Benny Cunningham - RB - Rams

Benny Cunningham is the "odds-on favorite" to start this week if Zac Stacy (concussion) can't get cleared.

Cunningham, a rookie out of Middle Tennessee State, went undrafted in April thanks in part to a knee injury that curtailed his final NCAA season. When given opportunities as a Ram, he's shined. Cunningham rushed for 123 yards on 20 preseason carries and has picked up 238 yards with a touchdown on 40 regular season totes. When Stacy went out against the Bears last week, Isaiah Pead didn't even get a touch (Daryl Richardson was a healthy scratch). Cunningham would have an extremely tough matchup at San Francisco if he does get the nod, but he'd still be on the RB2 radar and a candidate for 13-18 touches. Related: Isaiah Pead, Daryl Richardson
Source: ESPN.com

Nov 26 - 8:10 AM

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams defense has been very good lately. That dline scares the hell out of me right now.

Could be another defensive battle

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Harbaugh mention they tried to get the rbs more involved in passing game last night hopefully they continue that.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we better win this game. I would only play Crabtree a handful of plays just to get his feet wet and then throw him in against seattle.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams defense has been very good lately. That dline scares the hell out of me right now.
Could be another defensive battle

Its one of the better front sevens in the league. I just don't think a Kellen Clemons-led offense will have enough to come in to SF and score enough points to win. With turnovers being equal I have the 49ers winning 27-17.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its one of the better front sevens in the league. I just don't think a Kellen Clemons-led offense will have enough to come in to SF and score enough points to win. With turnovers being equal I have the 49ers winning 27-17.

I don't think the front 7 is that great but only the d-line

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long is Iupati going to be out? I don't like the prospect of Snyder starting against the Rams D line

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
would you rather have them then any of our 4 starting linebackers?

I don't see your point! He just said they are excellent players, not that they were better than Willis or Aldon per se.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see your point! He just said they are excellent players, not that they were better than Willis or Aldon per se.

It was just a question lol. Curious what Toby thinks

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

49ers activated WR Michael Crabtree (Achilles') from the reserve/PUP list.

Crabtree is fully expected to make his 2013 debut on Sunday against the Rams. Although owners who stashed Crabtree are likely champing at the bit to start him, he's best left benched for at least Week 13. Crabtree is returning from an explosion-sapping injury, and will almost certainly be on a snap count against the Rams. If you can't wait-and-see, Crabtree will most likely produce as a WR4/5 as he gets his feet wet.
Source: 49ers on Twitter

Nov 26 - 5:07 PM