• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Pre-Season Game 2 - Patriots vs Titans

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ghost misses another chip shot. I hate it when the Patriot announcers try to blame it on the holder. Ghost just pulled it hard to the right. Should be 18-17 but it remains 17-15.

Patriots started this drive on their own 1. Stidham has moved them out and just completed another pass to the Titans 42. Another nice pass to Izzo at the Titan 20.

Froholter called for holding for the third time tonight. He had two last week. Starting to become a liability.

Damien Harris has 79 yards rushing tonight.

31 yard TD pass to Patterson. 22-17 Pats.

Unsportsman on the Titans. Kickoff from the 50.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your interested....................KC and Pittsburgh tied 7-7 at the half.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penalties was the biggest take away from this game.

Considering it was mostly 2nd/3rd string it shouldn't be a huge issue. That made the offense even more impressive with all the potential starters out. Meyer continues to impress. Harris playing his way onto the team. BB let Bolden go pleaaaaasssseeee.

D looked sluggish especially upfront. They were manhandled all night. Wichovich was the bright light. I liked seeing all the hard hits from the DBs.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stidhman did get away with a few ill advised throws but I once again liked what I saw.
Furthering my point if NE only keeps two QBs it's time to say bye to Hoyer once again.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winners:
Winnovich - hair on fire
Damien Harris- starter on 25 teams
Jakobi - 6 more cathes and some run blocking
JoeJuan Williams Very good on man to man
Ryan Izzo reception and good blocking
Stidham looked much better than Hoyer
Beck good hands on 2 receptions
Brossette - caught another pass with good hands - rushed for TD

Losers:
Hoyer - sucked
Sam - very inconsistent. seen standing around on several plays
Munson hasn't got it
Hall - whif
Crossen very bad day
JC Jackson (bad day?)
Melifonwu always out of position - can't recover
Gant - nothing on defense - looks good on ST's
Brooks - many bad plays
LaCosse - only play was holding for safety
Ghostkowski - really?

Our entire run blocking offense sucked. The only players that we'll keep that played are players who need time on the field. Our 2nd string was better than their 1st. Our 3rd and 4th team are all getting cut.

Last edited:

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winners:
Winnovich - hair on fire

Losers:
Hoyer - sucked
Munson hasn't got it
Hall - whif
Crossen very bad day
JC Jackson (bad day?)
Brooks - many bad plays
Ghostkowski - really?

Our entire run blocking offense sucked. The only players that we'll keep that played are players who need time on the field. Our 2nd string was better than their 1st. Our 3rd and 4th team are all getting cut.
Wasn't it Kendrick on the safety hold?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winners:
Winnovich - hair on fire

Losers:
Hoyer - sucked
Munson hasn't got it
Hall - whif
Crossen very bad day
JC Jackson (bad day?)
Brooks - many bad plays
Ghostkowski - really?

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that wasn't LaCosse. Davis kept saying it was (he's terrible in the booth had a bunch of other errors I caught) but unless LaCosse got a pretty mean tan this past week it wasn't him. It was whoever else was wearing #83. I don't think LaCosse even dressed.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Hendricks i the end zone.

Pats were flagged for 22 penalties. I'd say that at least 6 or 7 were very questionable.

Stidham is a keeper. He just seems to have that Bradyesque presence on the field and doesn't appear to panic at all. Especially when he just gets the offense out of trouble and Froholter or Frentz get called for holding and back him up another 10.

Vrabel wanted this game more than he wants to win the AFC South. He went all in to start the game and his plan didn't work. My guess is that he thought that he could score three times with Mariotta and then cruise. He wasn't prepared to MM get sacked and then make a stupid play on a two point conversion. MM was gone after the conversion and not once did the cameras pick him up on the sideline. He may be in the concussion protocol.

There's no question that more than a few guys looked like they knew that their time is becoming short and instead of cranking it up a notch or two, they did nothing to save themselves. Could be that more than a few figure that they will make someone's practice squad or a lousy team's 53 man roster. They're done here.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota was shown on the sidelines talking and laughing with Tannehill after the TD to McNichols.

#homework

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Hendricks i the end zone.

Pats were flagged for 22 penalties. I'd say that at least 6 or 7 were very questionable.

Stidham is a keeper. He just seems to have that Bradyesque presence on the field and doesn't appear to panic at all. Especially when he just gets the offense out of trouble and Froholter or Frentz get called for holding and back him up another 10.

Vrabel wanted this game more than he wants to win the AFC South. He went all in to start the game and his plan didn't work. My guess is that he thought that he could score three times with Mariotta and then cruise. He wasn't prepared to MM get sacked and then make a stupid play on a two point conversion. MM was gone after the conversion and not once did the cameras pick him up on the sideline. He may be in the concussion protocol.

There's no question that more than a few guys looked like they knew that their time is becoming short and instead of cranking it up a notch or two, they did nothing to save themselves. Could be that more than a few figure that they will make someone's practice squad or a lousy team's 53 man roster. They're done here.

Sure is nice having a mobile QB.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I’ve seen of Byron Cowart so far, I really like. I hope he makes this team. Maybe, just maybe he can live up to the potential he had coming out of high school.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's an interesting comparison but one that's hard to reconcile back to Brady's early days. We all knew Brady was impressing but after having Michael Bishop, we were a little burned out watching a guy behind Drew, especially after Drew had signed that superstar contract. Add to that, none of us knew why they drafted Brady and because it was the sixth round, none of us asked.

I don't recall Brady throwing the bad ints that Stidham has (and I'm including those two gimme pick-sixes that were dropped). Don't get me wrong, that's totally on par with rookie QBs, but... Throwing ints is all tied to panicking, even though he looks cool to the touch while doing it. I guess I'm saying if the best QBs were compared to mountains, Brady would be Everest with plenty of other high mountains out there, but none that compare. The truth is that Bradyeasque = Ruthian.

Last edited:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall Brady throwing the bad ints that Stidham has (and I'm including those two gimme pick-sixes that were dropped). Don't get me wrong, that's totally on par with rookie QBs, but... Throwing ints is all tied to panicking, even though he looks cool to the touch while doing it. I guess I'm saying if the best QBs were compared to mountains, Brady would be Everest with plenty of other high mountains out there, but none that compare. The truth is that Bradyeasque = Ruthian.

I wasn't trying to compare him to Brady, but rather he picking up the mannerisms that Brady has. He doesn't get jumpy feet or just throw a pass to get rid of it like Etling did. The one thing that he does have that neither Drew or Tom had, is foot speed and running ability.

I think with a year on the sidelines, a year in practice and a year as the scout team QB, he will be a much better NFL QB in 2020 . I think he may well be the GOAT's replacement which is a position that could only be described as "Pure Hell".

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE Hendricks is a good blocker. Just watch the game for a second time. Had to watch it last night on a 60" TV. Today I got to watch it on a screen.

From today, it appears that Calhoun might have an MCL issue. He got leg whipped By D. Wise accidentally and his leg folded sideways.

He didn't play yesterday but, Damaryus Thomas may play Thursday. Heard that was running full sprints against the Titans in practice repeatedly on Thursday and never had to pull up once. Scott Zolack says that he was shocked at how well he could move. BUT, he didn't do any hard cuts.