• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Proposal

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are yalls thoughts on having games during conference championship week that are not conference championships? We could have a few extra games played during this week as a way without adding an extra stress to student athletes because there are already games being scheduled, just not played by everyone.

Why can't we add like 2 or 3 or 5 games like the sec west team not in the conference championship and Notre Dame. Or give the big 12 winner a chance to play whatever team doesn't play in the big ten championship. It would be one way to get a few teams an extra game. maybe its a terrible idea, but I'm interested in what you all think. Imagine if TCU and Ole Miss played before the bowl season, same with Baylor vs. Michigan State. Would that help make the playoff picture more clear, or would that just water down the bowl season?

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are yalls thoughts on having games during conference championship week that are not conference championships? We could have a few extra games played during this week as a way without adding an extra stress to student athletes because there are already games being scheduled, just not played by everyone.

Why can't we add like 2 or 3 or 5 games like the sec west team not in the conference championship and Notre Dame. Or give the big 12 winner a chance to play whatever team doesn't play in the big ten championship. It would be one way to get a few teams an extra game. maybe its a terrible idea, but I'm interested in what you all think. Imagine if TCU and Ole Miss played before the bowl season, same with Baylor vs. Michigan State. Would that help make the playoff picture more clear, or would that just water down the bowl season?
I love the idea for selfish reasons, but I think it would take away a bit from post season. Just my two cents. I also am in the major minority who feels if we ad teams into the playoff conference championships should be done away with, so what does my opinion matter.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You could really only do it with independents or teams without a conference title game. Can't schedule a game if you don't know if you'll be playing a title game.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could really only do it with independents or teams without a conference title game. Can't schedule a game if you don't know if you'll be playing a title game.

But the NCAA could schedule games. The teams in the games don't have to be finalized until after the regular season.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BigXII is giving you 2 games to watch on that weekend.

Texas @ Baylor
WVU @ KSU

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the NCAA could schedule games. The teams in the games don't have to be finalized until after the regular season.
Maybe... that's be tough for travel and schools budgets. Plus it'd be tough to sell tickets to a game when people don't know who's playing. I like the concept just don't know how you could implement it

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe... that's be tough for travel and schools budgets. Plus it'd be tough to sell tickets to a game when people don't know who's playing. I like the concept just don't know how you could implement it
It is like a bowl game before the bowl games. I don't think it would be profitable personally. Look at LSU vs South Carolina this year. They had fewer days to sell tickets but LSU may have had 40,000 people at the game due to no time to sell tickets. I don't think adding into it travelling issues would help the cause. I wish it could happen but it does no good in the grand scheme. More of a selfish wish for more football.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is any practical way to pull it off honestly.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want a Bowl Game before Bowl Season.
Sounds legit.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want a Bowl Game before Bowl Season.
Sounds legit.

What I would really want would be for the NCAA to allow Notre Dame or BYU or someone to schedule a 13th game (preferably during conference championship week) against the conference champion from the b12. It doesn't have to be decided before the season.

I think some way for teams without a conference championship to show their deserving of a spot in the playoff would be good for just about everyone.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I would really want would be for the NCAA to allow Notre Dame or BYU or someone to schedule a 13th game (preferably during conference championship week) against the conference champion from the b12. It doesn't have to be decided before the season.

I think some way for teams without a conference championship to show their deserving of a spot in the playoff would be good for just about everyone.
Or they could you know... nut up and join a conference.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would that just water down the bowl season?
The bowl season is already watered down. What you are suggesting would be much better matchups than some of the bowls IMHO.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they could you know... nut up and join a conference.

Yeah, because it makes a whole lot more sense to join a different conference than it does to be allowed a 13th game :rolleyes2:

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because it makes a whole lot more sense to join a different conference than it does to be allowed a 13th game :rolleyes2:
Want a 13th game freaking play Hawaii.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we should get a good test for that this year with LSU vs McNeese State