• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New penalty proposal

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I propose that anytime a player or coach throws up their hands after a play, looking for a flag, then that team is penalized. Maybe call it a "questioning a call penalty" It's bad enough that there are so many flags thrown and when one isn't, someone throws up their hands looking for one, like there needs to be more flags. Then you get some clown on the Steelers wearing yellow gloves and he throws up his hands , and I'm like, whoa, what? Was that a flag or big Ben crying again?
So in short, in order to cut down on the confusion, I think there needs to be a 5 yard penalty everytime someone throws up their hands wanting a flag.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t ever remember seeing that happen before. How would a player’s hands become detached, enter their stomach to be vomited back up by the time a play is over?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I propose that anytime a player or coach throws up their hands after a play, looking for a flag, then that team is penalized. Maybe call it a "questioning a call penalty" It's bad enough that there are so many flags thrown and when one isn't, someone throws up their hands looking for one, like there needs to be more flags. Then you get some clown on the Steelers wearing yellow gloves and he throws up his hands , and I'm like, whoa, what? Was that a flag or big Ben crying again?
So in short, in order to cut down on the confusion, I think there needs to be a 5 yard penalty everytime someone throws up their hands wanting a flag.
Nah. Go make me a fucking sandwich.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is played with passion, and referees make bad calls.

This will just make games which already run too long take even longer. Any time someone doesn't like a call should not be an excuse for another three minutes of commercials of fat chicks dancing to prove the advertisers are woke.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm up for any new penalty. In my mind they are what makes the game great. It's what most people watch for.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Office Space Idea GIF

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was a rule in the NBA, one game would last 6 hours.

Nah. Go make me a fucking sandwich.
That bitch better cut that shit diagonally too

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, here's an idea. Let's throw a flag every time the HC tries to influence the sideline official. Oh wait, the game would never end.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joking aside, that is not a bad proposal. It seems like every time a receiver misses a route or fails to complete a pass, they do that little movement with the hand, like THEY are throwing the flag.

That nonsense needs to stop. Sort of like soccer players faking fouls and rolling around on the ground like babies, which can draw a yellow card.

Penalty of 5 yards for the offender in NFL, be it a WR or QB or whatever.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, here's an idea. Let's throw a flag every time the HC tries to influence the sideline official. Oh wait, the game would never end.
Well if you flag it, they would surely stop doing it.

Maybe exclude the coaches, because they are on sideline and usually have a direct feed from upstairs, with camera help, etc.
On the field of play, flag it — the players are going to be refs too?

Last edited:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to say it was back in the eighties maybe.
Punters were flopping all over the place trying to get flags.

So the refs started calling penalties on the punters for flopping!
I thought this was great!

We cant slow the game down with every pass being a penalty. (because they do it every pass play)
But wouldnt it be funny if every time a WR threw up his hands looking for a flag. Every time there wasnt a penalty he would receive a fine in the mail on tuesday.
You sir are fined X amount of dollars times 6, for the amount of times you tried to bait a referee. This I could get behind. They would slowly stop lobbying for flags.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If you are not looking for an edge, you are not trying to win." - Warren Sapp.