• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Further, how will the white walkers react to Jon, now that he is post-dead / undead / (whatever)? Will they just see him as one of their own, or as one of the living, or as something different?

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s still a fantastic story and a fantastic show. It’s probably my all-time favorite story

Absolute sacrilege from a guy named Bridgeburner.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, it gets Jon out of his vows to the Night's Watch.

We'll see where it goes.
There are a lot of better ways they could have done that. Some obscure law is found. Some writ of King. Dunno. But yeah, we'll see.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of better ways they could have done that. Some obscure law is found. Some writ of King. Dunno. But yeah, we'll see.

GRRM makes plenty of mistakes, some of which he's admitted. Such as splitting the POV's.

Part of the reason for those mistakes? He's written an almost absurdly ambitious series of books. The scope is ridiculous. <shrug> By any conventional metric, he shouldn't even have tried to write what he wrote.

That they aren't perfect isn't surprising - he's got a hundred thousand balls in the air at once.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is Jon going to do with all of those who betrayed him??

I hope that he marches down to the dungeon and sticks a knife into each one of the bastards that shived him. It would be satisfying to see Thorne and that stupid little shit Olly bleed out.

That being said, I bet he takes the higher road. He might or might not have Thorne executed, but I expect him to forgive Olly and possibly the others (at least some of them).

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is Jon going to do with all of those who betrayed him??

I hope that he marches down to the dungeon and sticks a knife into each one of the bastards that shived him. It would be satisfying to see Thorne and that stupid little shit Olly bleed out.

That being said, I bet he takes the higher road. He might or might not have Thorne executed, but I expect him to forgive Olly and possibly the others (at least some of them).

My hunch is he'll do what he did in the books, only before he was stabbed: he named Thornier First Ranger and it might just be time for ol' Ser Alliser to go ranging... and see the greater threat with his own eyes. If he lives, he'll probably be on board with Jon, if he dies... well Jon or some other brother can burn his wight ass.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has to have them executed. It's reason. This is a guy raised by Ned Stark. He'll do it himself too.

Anything less is silly.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has to have them executed. It's reason. This is a guy raised by Ned Stark. He'll do it himself too.

Anything less is silly.

I have to agree with this. He executed Janos Slynt for simply disobeying an order. He watched Mance Raydar, who he considered an honorable man, die.

These motherfuckers killed the lord commander of the Night's Watch. The sentence is death, no way around it. No logical reason to keep Throne and Ollie around anymore either, they've served their purpose on the show.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HA!

I still haven't finished those books yet man.

I just started reading book #2 of the Kharkanas trilogy. A prequel of sorts about Anomander Rake and the Tiste people, among other things. And have pre ordered ICE's book #1 of his new series which come out in a week or two. It's a prequel of sorts about the ascension of Dancer I believe.

As good as GoT is, none of GRRM's storylines compare with The Chain of Dogs or Beaks Gift, and none of his characters compare with Anomander, Dancer, Fiddler, or Whiskeyjack.

I don't know how far you made it, but Erikson wrote 10 books of the Fallen, now 2 in the Kharkanas trilogy, and plans on writing a Karsa trilogy as well. And ICE wrote I think 6 books in his main Malazan series and has now started a second series of I don't know how many books.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These motherfuckers killed the lord commander of the Night's Watch. The sentence is death, no way around it. No logical reason to keep Throne and Ollie around anymore either, they've served their purpose on the show.

Sure there is. Thorne is characterized as an A-hole of the 1st order, but a really good soldier. So he can die in the upcoming conflict to earn his redemption. Maybe a suicide mission.

Ollie gets to change his mind and offer up larger social commentary on judging books by covers.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can, it just has to be within 10 minutes of when you submitted the post originally.

Is there a list you have to be on to do that, because I don't have an edit option right after submitting a post.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just started reading book #2 of the Kharkanas trilogy. A prequel of sorts about Anomander Rake and the Tiste people, among other things. And have pre ordered ICE's book #1 of his new series which come out in a week or two. It's a prequel of sorts about the ascension of Dancer I believe.

As good as GoT is, none of GRRM's storylines compare with The Chain of Dogs or Beaks Gift, and none of his characters compare with Anomander, Dancer, Fiddler, or Whiskeyjack.

I don't know how far you made it, but Erikson wrote 10 books of the Fallen, now 2 in the Kharkanas trilogy, and plans on writing a Karsa trilogy as well. And ICE wrote I think 6 books in his main Malazan series and has now started a second series of I don't know how many books.

I should probably give them another chance, but couldn't get past the first couple. Waaaaay too dense.

Do love the names he comes up with though, very Glenn Cook original 'The Black Company' era.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a list you have to be on to do that, because I don't have an edit option right after submitting a post.
Look on the bottom left underneath the Seahawks picture of your post. There should be a pencil which is what you click on to edit.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look on the bottom left underneath the Seahawks picture of your post. There should be a pencil which is what you click on to edit.

Heh, good to know. Thanks Night!

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure there is. Thorne is characterized as an A-hole of the 1st order, but a really good soldier. So he can die in the upcoming conflict to earn his redemption. Maybe a suicide mission.

Ollie gets to change his mind and offer up larger social commentary on judging books by covers.

They've already basically done that with Thorne. He was always an ass, but fought valiantly when the Wildlings attacked the Wall. I don't see him fighting along side the men he fought to keep out ( but then let in later anyway for some reason).

Ollie has always been an unnecessary character.

Besides I still don't see how Jon could logically come to the conclusion that disobeying a simple order = death but killing the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch = free to go.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm stuck on book six or seven. When it goes back to Rake and he's sulking around not doing much. I've picked it up 3-4 times and can't get going on it.

I think the problem with these books (for me) is it's too big and complex. I can't keep shit straight. And I know you've told me not to worry about the timeline but it irritates the shit out of me haha.