• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

Travel to White Harbor, boat to Dragonstone. In the books a trip from Winterfell to King's Landing takes MONTHS. Even by sea it takes a long time. Heck if you look at a map you can see there are some pretty obvious logistical problems for Team Dany and for Team Euron. How did Euron intercept Yara's fleet FIRST when he was traveling from the Iron Island, past Lannisport, to Dorne and how did he get back to intercept Team Greyworm? Heck the boat ride from Dragonstone to Lannisport is REALLY long and goes right by King's Landing. But that is quibbling, IMO.

The show has necessarily compressed time because no one wants to watch people riding on paths or boats for episodes on end.

Regardless my point isn't that time needs to be linear and realistic. My point is that time should be consistent for everyone.

You know what?

You're right, and you've convinced me.

This show is dumb.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what?

You're right, and you've convinced me.

This show is dumb.

LOL. I'm not trying to say the show is dumb. Obviously I really enjoy the show. I've read the books. Watched every single episode.

Do I think that Euron being superman is a massive flaw to the show? No. But I am willing to criticize the show when it deserves it and defend it when it doesn't deserve it.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I'm not trying to say the show is dumb. Obviously I really enjoy the show. I've read the books. Watched every single episode.

Do I think that Euron being superman is a massive flaw to the show? No. But I am willing to criticize the show when it deserves it and defend it when it doesn't deserve it.

LOL, I hear ya.

I've questioned the timelines many times myself but I thought this instance was plausible.

Until this morning.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with those portraying Euron's being able to wipe out two separate navies nearly simultaneously to be some pretty lazy writing. First it assumes that they knew EXACTLY what Dany's forces were doing thus they were able to intercept both navies with complete surprise.

I get that they have to accelerate time because it is TV but I always hate when shows make the bad guy omniscient. I do enjoy Euron as a character. His death will be very enjoyable.

Is there a possible mole in Dany's forces?

Is this the equivalent to Cersei being up 3-1 in the finals, or have we not reached that just yet.....

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is this the equivalent to Cersei being up 3-1 in the finals, or have we not reached that just yet.....

I can't imagine how it would be possible that Dany's forces have a mole. Her Army have fanatically devoted to her. The only other people there are Tyrion, Missandei, and Varys. Hard to imagine any of them working for Cersei.

I don't believe Cersei survives this season. IMO, the King's Landing portion of the story is coming to a close in the 2 or 3 episodes so that the true enemy can be the focus of the final season.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think to some extent that had to even the playing field, they didn't just want Dany storming through Westeros

And Cersei could win, I'll need to rewatch prophecy episode since everything true and House of the dead episode.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think to some extent that had to even the playing field, they didn't just want Dany storming through Westeros

And Cersei could win, I'll need to rewatch prophecy episode since everything true and House of the dead episode.

Yeah, her three children are already wearing their golden shrouds (dead).
Her death comes at the hands of the valonquar (spelling?), which is little brother.
Some folks think that's Tyrion.
But, Cersei was born before Jamie, so it could be him, as well.

Hard to believe they wrap up the Cersei/Kings Landing plot in the last few episodes, but anything is possible.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragonstone is too close to King's Landing.

And Casterly Rock is way too far away by boat. The Unsullied could march to King's Landing as fast as they could sail around half the continent.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't take much of a fleet to destroy what the Unsullied were in. They were almost entirely transport ships. So it didn't have to be the entire Iron Fleet.

Also, I would expect Euron to have lots of smaller scout ships to feel around and know about other movements. In the books he also has access to a level of magic, with the Qarth warlocks, red priests and the blue drink. So he can get a better idea than most of where he should be going and dividing his fleet.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was away for a week, did we get to the bottom of the Raven question!!!????

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And boring as hell too.
I think it was lazy writing to skip that, personally. I want an episode dedicated to the training. I suspect that Arya's sword trainer (I forget his name) is working with Gendry on this. How could they not put that on screen?

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think they switch to sea gulls to handle ship-to-ship communications?

Or is messaging a job only for the black birds?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think they switch to sea gulls to handle ship-to-ship communications?

Or is messaging a job only for the black birds?
Oh, it has to be like that, does it?

So what, the white birds get to relax while all the black birds have to do all the flying?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck if you look at a map you can see there are some pretty obvious logistical problems for Team Dany and for Team Euron. How did Euron intercept Yara's fleet FIRST when he was traveling from the Iron Island, past Lannisport, to Dorne and how did he get back to intercept Team Greyworm? Heck the boat ride from Dragonstone to Lannisport is REALLY long and goes right by King's Landing. But that is quibbling, IMO.

But Euron was last seen in King's Landing so the route you are describing likely didn't come into play as there'd be no reason to assume he returned to the Iron Islands. The real question is how the 2 fleets didn't run into each other sooner.

For those saying that we didn't see Euron at Casterly Rock, that technically is true but his ship stands out from the others and we saw it. It seems unlikely that he wouldn't have been on it. That doesn't mean they all travelled together though. It only takes one ship to transport 3 prisoners to King's Landing. His ship is likely the fastest in his fleet with the extra sails among other things probably. And all of the ships in his fleet are likely much faster than the slaver ships the Unsullied were using, not to mention they likely had a much better crew.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm wondering about Melissandre. I have my doubts that she went to Volantis. She would have a motive for helping Cersei knock of Danerys' allies as it would create a need for her to join Jon. Bringing those 2 together appears to be part of her agenda. I'm just not sure what information would have been shared with her and who her contact in King's Landing would be.

Edit - I suppose she sees stuff in the flames but usually fucks it up.

Last edited:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little Fingers speech to Sansa about preparing for everything, was awesome

Some incredible individual acting scenes last night
I believe Little Finger is forewarning Sansa of what his motives are (& not trust anyone including himself) just like he did with Ned. Only I think when he plays his cards Sansa will out maneuver him. (unlike Ned)