• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn’t know the red witch was coming to set the Dothraki swords on fire. Were they just going to send the Dothraki into battle with swords that were not made of Velarian steel or dragon glass?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn’t know the red witch was coming to set the Dothraki swords on fire. Were they just going to send the Dothraki into battle with swords that were not made of Velarian steel or dragon glass?

And what exactly was Ghost supposed to do? Are his claws and teeth made of Valyrian steel or dragon glass?

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have been very inconsistent and has broken its own rules several times with the need to use dragon glass. At Hardhome and in the expedition north of the wall to get a wight, several characters wielded regular swords and managed to defend themselves just fine. I think that withgs, being made of rotten flesh and old bones, are relatively easy to incapacitate with regular weapons, even if they don't "die".

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved the Red Viper in the books, great casting by the show, really across the board, Jon, Cersi, Arya, Eddard, Dany, Tyrion...really nailed them

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have been very inconsistent and has broken its own rules several times with the need to use dragon glass. At Hardhome and in the expedition north of the wall to get a wight, several characters wielded regular swords and managed to defend themselves just fine. I think that withgs, being made of rotten flesh and old bones, are relatively easy to incapacitate with regular weapons, even if they don't "die".

Dragonglass is primarily needed against White Walkers.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved the Red Viper in the books, great casting by the show, really across the board, Jon, Cersi, Arya, Eddard, Dany, Tyrion...really nailed them

I just learned the the actor that play Bronn used to date the actor that plays Cersei. It ended so badly that they both have it in the contract to not be in the same room as the other person. That is why Pycell delivered the message to kill Tyrion and Jaime, and Bronn stayed behind to drink during the meeting where they brought the white walker to Kings Landing.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The spinoffs will be just as bad as what we see at the end of GOT unless they have the creative writing of GRRM. I don't expect that it will exist.

Best case, I'm thinking 3 seasons.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The spinoffs will be just as bad as what we see at the end of GOT unless they have the creative writing of GRRM. I don't expect that it will exist.

Yeah, I can't wait for more GRRM creative gems like ...

"The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew."

To be fair, I thought the first 3 books were great.
The last 2 and the sample chapters from TWOW were/are ... not so great.
Yes, there are still some good things in them, but imo, more of the sample chapters suck than don't.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know what the spinoffs are going to be about yet? I heard there were three. THREE?

1 that is for sure greenlit that takes place a thousand years before the current show. The other 2 are pending without a lot of information available on them.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's all coming down to ratings for this season, no matter what. All the spinoffs have reportedly been killed except one, and that's a prequel series on HBO which had its pilot greenlit awhile back. I don't know if and when fans would ever get to see that pilot, unless the show is approved.

Anything's possible, but I'd say it's impossible that it doesn't look like a naked cash-grab, just like the Hobbit trilogy movies, Young Sheldon, the Sopranos movie and every Star Wars movie since RotJ.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know what the spinoffs are going to be about yet? I heard there were three. THREE?

They are working on 3-5 spinoffs in development. IN DEVELOPMENT, so they will not necessarily be produced. According to George R. R. Martin himself:

George R. R. Martin said:
We have had five different GAME OF THRONES successor shows in development (I mislike the term "spinoffs") at HBO, and three of them are still moving forward nicely.

The one I am not supposed to call THE LONG NIGHT will be shooting later this year, and two other shows remain in the script stage, but are edging closer.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What @Mebert said rings a bell.
I haven't really been paying much attention.
I do think I remember seeing a blurb about Naomi Watts being cast in it, though.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would far prefer a story told after but oh well

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can't wait for more GRRM creative gems like ...

"The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew."

To be fair, I thought the first 3 books were great.
The last 2 and the sample chapters from TWOW were/are ... not so great.
Yes, there are still some good things in them, but imo, more of the sample chapters suck than don't.
Regardless of the shitty chapters and the drudge of Dorne/Greyjoy storylines, it was still creative source material that the writers did an excellent job translating to the screen.

Without the creative source material, we get 1990's Syfy channel with a big special effects budget.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would rather there be several spinoffs all one season long. Perhaps one giving the story of Rhaegar and Lyanna, one on Harranhall one on Valaryia … Show some of the old stories as what really happened and what the lies are.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of the shitty chapters and the drudge of Dorne/Greyjoy storylines, it was still creative source material that the writers did an excellent job translating to the screen.

Without the creative source material, we get 1990's Syfy channel with a big special effects budget.

I can't disagree with you there (although there were parts of the Dorne storylines I liked).