• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I am almost sure Bronn dies...probably after killing Jaime and Brienne gets pissed and takes him out...therefore he never gets Highgarden

It's kinda hard to believe that Bronn will just sit this one out. At this point, he has every reason to do everything he can to help Tyrion's side win. If Cersei wins, then Bronn is a dead man.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of the surnames make much sense. GoT mostly makes them regional- Snow, Sand, etc. Davos's bastard name is 'Seaworth' because he was a sailor or something, right?

Davos has no last name. He was given "Seaworth" by Stannis Baratheon.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davos's bastard name is 'Seaworth' because he was a sailor or something, right?

Sort of. Davos is not a bastard as far as we know. He is just a low-born smuggler so Seaworth is not a bastard name. Davos has a surname because he got knighted by Stannis and he got to choose his surname. That or Stannis gave it to him. Can't remember which.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess. Some bastards have changed their last names.

I think what really happened here was that the writers got the surnames from the Riverlands and Crownlands mixed up though.

Maybe but ultimately it doesn't really matter.

People seem to be taking nit picking to new stratospheric levels this season.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. There was that heartfelt talk he had with Gendry back in... I don't know- Season 3? He grew up penniless and a bastard in King's Landing.
he was poor and of low birthright, but he was not a bastard.

Stannis gave him the Seaworth name and knighted him after Robert's Rebellion when the Onion Knight smuggled onions to Stannis and his men.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this has been going on for a few seasons

the writing has gotten that much worse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With how people are hating this last season, I'm not sure if this is good news or bad news, but I read that some successor shows are in the works. George R.R. Martin said that he hates the word "spinoff", so he calls them successor shows instead.

LOL, GRRM also appears to hate the words, "finish the books!"

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kinda hard to believe that Bronn will just sit this one out. At this point, he has every reason to do everything he can to help Tyrion's side win. If Cersei wins, then Bronn is a dead man.
I think the idea is that he's playing both sides. It's not like Cersei/Qyburn put a time limit on his mission. So if Cersei wins, Bronn just has to kill Jamie and/or Tyrion to claim Riverrun. If Daenerys wins, it's more problematic, but then he has to convince Jamie / Tyrion he won't kill them so he gets Highgarden.

Why Daenerys would be swayed by Jamie & Tyrion to give one of the most important kingdoms to a guy who never did anything for her cause, is a weird bit of logic for Bronn and his writers.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of. Davos is not a bastard as far as we know. He is just a low-born smuggler so Seaworth is not a bastard name. Davos has a surname because he got knighted by Stannis and he got to choose his surname. That or Stannis gave it to him. Can't remember which.
That could be. Perhaps I'm confusing low-born with bastard. What is the bastard name for people from the King's Landing area?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I don't know what you mean. I'm not the bitch here, and I think you know it. You've been riding me hard ever since I joined this board, and I don't know why. Did I do something to upset you?
Yeah ok Mr. Famous.

I've been pretty patient with you actually, thinking you would settle down but that isn't going to happen. Seems like you're incapable of being an adult, so be it. Just remember if you are going to act like a child you will be treated as such.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah ok Mr. Famous.

I've been pretty patient with you actually, thinking you would settle down but that isn't going to happen. Seems like you're incapable of being an adult, so be it. Just remember if you are going to act like a child you will be treated as such.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. But okilly-dokilly, feel free to take whichever side you like in some imagined dispute that's only important to someone who struggles with mental illness. I'm just here to discuss the show.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn't have any impact on the story, that's true. But this is really basic stuff that you'd think the showrunners wouldn't mess up on.

They've called Sam's brother Dickon his older brother. Dickon is younger.

They're claimed Arya stabbed the Night King where he got stabbed by the Children of the Forest. The Children stabbed his chest, Arya got him in the gut.

They don't know the difference between bastard names in different areas.

They made Jon's Targ name Aegon even though Rhaegar had another living son named Aegon when Jon was born.

It just seems like really basic stuff to mess up even if I guess it would qualify as nitpicking.

That's not the main problem I have with the show though, it's more the basic lack of logic or consistency in the decision making of the characters.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could be. Perhaps I'm confusing low-born with bastard. What is the bastard name for people from the King's Landing area?
Low born just means you have no noble parents. A bastard with a surname is a bastard of a nobleman. In the crownlands the bastard name is Waters.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't have any impact on the story, that's true. But this is really basic stuff that you'd think the showrunners wouldn't mess up on.

They've called Sam's brother Dickon his older brother. Dickon is younger.

They're claimed Arya stabbed the Night King where he got stabbed by the Children of the Forest. The Children stabbed his chest, Arya got him in the gut.

They don't know the difference between bastard names in different areas.

They made Jon's Targ name Aegon even though Rhaegar had another living son named Aegon when Jon was born.

It just seems like really basic stuff to mess up even if I guess it would qualify as nitpicking.

That's not the main problem I have with the show though, it's more the basic lack of logic or consistency in the decision making of the characters.
the one showrunner can't even pronounce Cersei's name correctly