• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm. That is interesting. She said she is destined to die in Westeros, correct? Or was she telling Verys that he was? I can't remember. (Conversation from Season 7)

She said they both are destined to die in Westeros. From the Varys' perspective that could mean any time. But of course as viewers we know that has to mean before the end of the series or it was a completely pointless line. That's why I think Varys is going to die some kind of strange death down in the crypt to complete this mysterious prophecy they've been hinting at.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a good episode to prep us for the 3rd episode, which will bring the fucking house down. We all know what is coming, but this isn't some Dragon Ball Z shit where there are 5 episodes building up to a single fight.

E1 - they reintroduce characters and let you know where their stories are
E2 - some reunions and some "hey remember how much we like each other or used to be enemies and now we are all on the same team?
E3 - kill everyone.

I am going to have to ask my 9 yr old about the dragon ball z reference.

Reactions: gob

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the deal with all of you Mary's and this GOT's bullshit? Explain yourselves!!!!

It's a tale as old as time.

Boy meets girl.
Boy has sex with girl.
Boy realizes the girl is related to him.
They both ride dragons into an epic battle against the undead!

And some other stuff happens....

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Bran had to stay. They made it clear that their only hope is to kill the night king and Bran is the only way to bring him out to be vulnerable. They can't afford to wait or let them kill even more before they face them.

Given how much time is left I wouldn't be surprised to see the night king win at winterfell with great losses of his own and see the core fall back and rely on Cersei's armys for round two.

There is a ton of shops that are going to come to save them at some point.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have gone through all this trouble of wanting to get it right, learning from S7 time travel snafus, one might think they had this all lined up.

Maybe they are just slowplaying the battle and do not want to show their hand?
I'm holding out hope that there will be some clever twists, but I hope it makes sense and shows continuity.

The battle either winds up in the crypts or something from the crypts winds up in the battle.

The thought of Ban sitting in his wheelchair in front of a tree bothers me a bit. Does the Knight King have the ability to see through Brans eyes? Can Bran bring back the dead? They are now connected with the scar.

Just one of my many theories about how this is going to go.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was daydreaming the other night while thinking of the crypts and the fact all the past kings of Winterfell have iron swords. Not likely, but wouldn't it be cool if the Stark kings, unique among men given their history with the Wall and the Others, did reanimate but fight FOR Winterfell?

Shoot I should have read one more and quoted you too.

Please read the above post I made.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much this.

Where was Tyrion strategizing and making hellfire or digging moats of water, or coming up with some contraptions that would strategically limit the # of white walkers? Or even a scorpion device to fire a dragon glass arrow at the dragon (see below on why they should take Bran seriously).

Where was Dany's leadership from previous episodes? Now she's just like, "Eh I'll just send a couple dragons." Or at least her taking Bran somewhat seriously (no surprise they'd be able to bring the dragon back to life, she saw it go down right there and Jon/various people know animals can be reincarnated as white walkers (the bear, obviously horses, etc.) and discussing what may harm dragons or ways they can fight the dragon.

Jon has led two major battles with underwhelming odds. Where was his leadership and getting all the troops and discussing optimal formations with Jaime? It would've been cool to see them work together and strategically discuss troop formations/tactics as both are great at doing it.

But nope... we get Jon being constantly pussy whipped and giving a 'what do I do!?' expression with his newfound info, Dany acting like Jasmine from Aladdin and just being bitchy, Sansa in a pissing contest with Dany, and everyone else is like, "DUR, I guess we'll probably die and maybe those dragons can do stuff."

This season is DEFINITELY the weakest opening to Game of Thrones, and it shows without the books guiding the dialogue/characters and HBO just having a go at it. This feels like the new Star Wars Disney series... Episode 1 - Reunion/'I memba!', Episode 2 - Just a mess with odd character choices.

Well fuck, I now hate this show.

Fuck off GoT!!

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this...Jamie asked to be under Brienne's command for this battle. I'm betting Brienne sacrifices herself to save Jamie (and they will throw a dying kiss in there). Jamie understands further what real love is...which makes Cersei's betrayal all the more motivating. Setting Jamie into a vengeful rage...enough to fulfill Cersei's prophecy.

Calling it.

how-sure-are-you-is-that-your-final-answer.jpg

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of sacrificing herself, is it possible that Brienne does something honorable, like refusing to strike a WW while their back is turned, and it costs her her life?

Could be something hopelessly naive that kills her. Jamie taps into his darkness and goes bezerker on the undead as revenge?

She is a stone cold killer in a battle.

NOt gonna happen.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone involved realizes there isn't any "honor" on this battlefield.

That said, she could still do something stupid to cost her her life.

Maybe not stupid but I could see where she dies trying to save Jaime and he makes it through the battle.

Reactions: gob

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For arguments sake let's say Tyrion is a Targaryen. Doesn't this make him the heir to the Iron Throne, and if so, doesn't this make Sansa the queen.

Sansa wants to be queen so bad I am pretty confident so would not hesitate to kill off Dany.

Also, besides saving humanity, hasn't Jon's wishes only been to free the North.

So, in the end Sansa gets her queen throne, Jon rules the now free North because Sansa wants the North people free too, and Tyrion moves the throne to Casterly Rock which he has wanted forever.

To much of a happy ending for Martin though?

That would be vindication for all of them.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not stupid but I could see where she dies trying to save Jaime and he makes it through the battle.

IMHO Jaime dies in the arms of the woman he loves … Sir Brianne. If the witch's prophesy is true, so far it has been, Cersei either is not pregnant or will not carry the baby to term. She's had her three.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, one of them saves the other

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm...thats super interesting. I would love to see something like this.

It made me think of Benjen for a moment. Its never said, but I always read it that he was possibly dead, reanimated and fighting it off. Maybe something of an immunity is in the Starks for this.

Maybe one of the mystic things about the crypts, keeps the dead dead.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. Not sure which notable characters will be in the crypts but I'm guessing it is Tyrion, Dany, and Sansa. Unnamed characters are pretty much toast. I think at least one of them bites it in the crypts.

I could see Gilli getting it and the baby survives. Does that kid have something more meaningful? After the end of the Knight king, this kid ends up being the new KK and has lives beyond the wall for thousands of years

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always interesting to see how different people's opinions of an episode can be.

Personally, I loved episode 2.
I love how human it was, how they took their time with it (especially after the borderline vertigo of how quickly season 7 moved), and how it built the tension toward next week.

I am just loving the ride. Only part I really was pissed at was The Hound and Arya. I thought too short.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offspring of Arya and Gendry becomes King...

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im still running with the theory the story of GoT is the result of humans rewriting history to fit our arrogance. something where the Night Kings job is to bring humans to their knees everytime they start over populating the planet. and the story behind GoT is man's desire for lust, greed, gold and power over all else.

So this is a rip off from the myan's. 2012 all over again.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose not... I guess we're just supposed to assume that Cersei did to her what she said she was going to do, and Ellaria just pretty much spend the rest of her days down there... Can't imagine they'd have time to confirm that yeah, that is pretty much how that went... :D

Maybe a cut-away scene at the very end with Ellaria down there going, "Ummm hello? Anyone there? Excuse me but... "

Excuse me but... There is a giant pile of shit that needs some serious attention.